Discovery: I have bones

grizpat

Explorer
Joined
Jun 1, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Montana
Today marks 1 year for me. Down 75 pounds altogether (HW275, SW 250, CW 175, GW 150, 12mg reta/wk, 3mg cagri/ wk).

Turns out there are bones hiding under what used to be padding, and now that the padding is gone I can feel them. Lying on my side in bed, my hip bones poke out. I had no idea hip bones were even part of my body. Before falling asleep, I sometimes find myself gently stroking the tops of them, genuinely stunned they exist. If I try to curl up in the fetal position to sleep, my knees collide, so I have to keep them staggered apart. On my back, I can feel my rib cage jutting up, plus this odd little bump at the base of my sternum (what even is that thing?). Whenever I adjust my shirt collar, I notice collar bones that feel oddly exposed. Hard chairs are miserable now, because the bones in my butt have nothing soft left around them and it feels like the bones themselves are what I'm sitting on. I don't resemble a skeleton at this point, but my orbital and cheek bones are visibly standing out. Between losing all that insulation (and likely a slower metabolism too), I am constantly freezing, and I climb into bed 30 minutes earlier just to soak up the warmth of my electric blanket.

Plenty of good things: blood panels look good, BP is almost too low, and I've basically quit drinking. Still, all these bones: I can't decide whether that counts as a positive or a negative side effect.
 
Yes, exactly the same for me! I've shed 96lbs, and even though roughly 30 more need to come off, it feels so strange to touch my hip bones and ribs, and I can't sleep with my knees pressed together anymore. On top of that, I'm freezing constantly, but I'm kind of looking forward to the warmer weather ahead so I can see how much easier I handle it. Heat has always been really tough on me, so this is the part I'm especially eager about.
 
What a great sensation, right?! Nice job.

My husband tells me he worries I'll snap in half when he gives me a hug, lol, and I remind him I'm likely more powerful as a whole than back when I carried more weight — there's simply not as much of me left to wrap his arms around.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

What a great sensation, right?! Nice job.

My husband tells me he worries I'll snap in half when he gives me a hug, lol, and I remind him I'm likely more powerful as a whole than back when I carried more weight — there's simply not as much of me left to wrap his arms around.
Hey, a bit off topic, but... I was mentioning to my wife that hair color post of yours—I can't locate it, the one with the before and after photos. Could you send me the link?
 
this cracked me up! that sternum line especially.... what even is that 🤣🤣 . the bones thing, yeah, same....my loss hasn't been that big yet but yesterday when I went to do my belly injection there was way less to pinch 😲 I actually lifted my shirt just to confirm I hadn't vanished!
 
bay_area_schizo said:

this cracked me up! that sternum line especially.... what even is that 🤣🤣 . the bones thing, yeah, same....my loss hasn't been that big yet but yesterday when I went to do my belly injection there was way less to pinch 😲 I actually lifted my shirt just to confirm I hadn't vanished!
The first time I felt my sternum, it scared me — I figured something was the matter with me... 🙂
 
Absolutely hilarious 🤣 🤣 that initial moment I noticed it was wild. We headed out for a meal. They had us on chairs. In the past, my rear was too large for chairs. 🤣🤣🤣 Truth be told, I was quietly hoping to get a chair just to prove I could. Omg after 5 minutes I was practically pleading for a booth. It was such a strange sensation, sort of painful but not the pain I'm used to. My husband wanted to know why I was squirming like a 2 year old, and demanded to know what was wrong with me. He told me everyone's watching. You're making me look bad. 🤣🤣🤣 I quietly told him my butt feels odd and it hurts. His response..... I could have predicted that wouldn't happen since you've got zero cushioning left. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I nearly whacked him on the head with my spoon. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 So these days I lug around a giant purse so I've always got a cushion on hand. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Folks give me these bizarre looks. It makes me want to wiggle my brand new butt at them. 🤣🤣🤣

Alright, story's done. Back to being my usual quiet self. LoL
 
When the weight came off, I began noticing a throbbing sensation in my belly and feared it was an aneurysm. After dropping 110 lbs, I can now feel my ordinary pulse points and my rib cage. That’s wonderful.
 
grizpat said:

Today marks 1 year for me. Down 75 pounds altogether (HW275, SW 250, CW 175, GW 150, 12mg reta/wk, 3mg cagri/ wk).

Turns out there are bones hiding under what used to be padding, and now that the padding is gone I can feel them. Lying on my side in bed, my hip bones poke out. I had no idea hip bones were even part of my body. Before falling asleep, I sometimes find myself gently stroking the tops of them, genuinely stunned they exist. If I try to curl up in the fetal position to sleep, my knees collide, so I have to keep them staggered apart. On my back, I can feel my rib cage jutting up, plus this odd little bump at the base of my sternum (what even is that thing?). Whenever I adjust my shirt collar, I notice collar bones that feel oddly exposed. Hard chairs are miserable now, because the bones in my butt have nothing soft left around them and it feels like the bones themselves are what I'm sitting on. I don't resemble a skeleton at this point, but my orbital and cheek bones are visibly standing out. Between losing all that insulation (and likely a slower metabolism too), I am constantly freezing, and I climb into bed 30 minutes earlier just to soak up the warmth of my electric blanket.

Plenty of good things: blood panels look good, BP is almost too low, and I've basically quit drinking. Still, all these bones: I can't decide whether that counts as a positive or a negative side effect.

That thing is the xiphoid process. When I came across mine, I completely freaked myself out for a while, convinced it was cancer.




Nobody started a "1st" thread?



The site went offline for 7hrs, and I'm surprised that not a single person (and I can name a few) posted an exclamatory thread about it like they did last time 😅 I mean, I was at work, but without the site I was far more bored than I normally would be.

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com
 
Sure, except my butt has vanished - has anyone spotted it? I could have sworn it was right...behind...me....
 
BlueDog55 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

What a great sensation, right?! Nice job.

My husband tells me he worries I'll snap in half when he gives me a hug, lol, and I remind him I'm likely more powerful as a whole than back when I carried more weight — there's simply not as much of me left to wrap his arms around.
Hey, a bit off topic, but... I was mentioning to my wife that hair color post of yours—I can't locate it, the one with the before and after photos. Could you send me the link?
Here ya go
 
OP's post could have come straight from my own experience — I uncovered the very same things. These days, parking myself on a hard floor hurts. On the bright side, getting back up off the floor is something I can now do fast and with no trouble.

Something else caught my attention too: whenever I checked my face in the mirror, my ears seemed to grow larger month after month while the weight was coming off.
 
I've shed 72 pounds at this point, and my rear end has vanished — no exaggeration. Even with a comfortable office chair, sitting for more than 15-20 minutes has become impossible. My car's seat digs into the little padding I have left, so when I'm watching TV I have to lean the recliner back to relieve the pressure. It feels like my ribs might poke right through my skin from within. On the bright side, I can now sit in an airplane seat without being squeezed against the armrests. That tradeoff is genuine, but I'm adapting to it.
 
I know exactly what you mean. Mine's an amazing 8 pack too — right now it just happens to be wrapped in bacon. Nice work. Threads like this are the best. Flawless.

Bill
 
yep....the Ozempic butt phenomenon is genuine! I own a recliner that was once quite cozy and is in good shape. these days, parking myself in it is like landing on a slab of concrete.
 
This week I was on a flight and had to sit in a notably narrow seat, and I realized the outside of my elbows no longer has any padding. Pressing them against the armrests is painful.

Also, massages are no longer as enjoyable.
 
I sleep on my side, and these days the bones in my knees press against each other when I lie down, which is uncomfortable. I might have to buy one of those pillows designed to be placed between the legs. On top of that, my clavicles now stick out quite a bit.
 
Back
Top