Dihexa for a special research subject

Hambocommando

Explorer
Joined
Jan 23, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
Salt Lake City, Utah
I know this subject has been discussed to death, but I'm exploring Dihexa for an RS dealing with anoxic brain injury. RS had lymphoma, was taken in for surgery, passed away twice during the procedure, and remained in a coma for several months. At this point RS struggles with significant short-term memory problems, trouble thinking independently, and impaired fine motor control. The doctors have gotten to a place where they're fine leaving RS's care exactly as it stands and won't attempt anything experimental. They refused to even consider hyperbaric therapy since it was novel and unproven, and naturally, insurance would not pay for it. I keep thinking that if it were their own relative, they'd be pushing harder. Since Dihexa and its pro-drug derivative forms have demonstrated benefits for neuroplasticity and certain memory improvements, I'm strongly leaning toward trying it for RS. Still, I have reservations.

Many people bring up angiogenesis risk and previous cancers. Is there any concrete research I ought to look at regarding that effect? Not only for Dihexa specifically, but for angiogenesis-related peptides in general. RS cannot perceive or report any changes personally, so everything would have to come from outside observation. We held off on GLP1 treatment for the same kind of reason. Just picture enduring awful side effects without realizing they're side effects, because you don't even know you're on medication.

Additionally, if Dihexa isn't a terrible plan, I'd welcome any hints pointing toward oral sources.
 
I'm truly sorry that you're facing this. It's a heartbreaking situation, and the choice ahead is far from easy. According to an AI analysis from Gemini, there's a genuine danger that any inactive cancer could be reactivated, and dihexa carries exactly that kind of risk. On top of that, every study so far has used rats—no human trials exist. This peptide is still emerging, and a few of those studies have been retracted. From Gemini:

The HGF/c-Met Connection (The Primary Risk)

The main worry with Dihexa comes down to how it works. Its action involves turning on the HGF/c-Met pathway (Hepatocyte Growth Factor).

In the brain: This pathway drives synaptogenesis—new connections forming between neurons—which explains why researchers study it for "chemo-brain" or Alzheimer's.

In cancer: The c-Met receptor is often overexpressed across many cancers, among them certain lymphomas. Once this pathway is switched on, it can support cell survival, migration, and tumor growth.

The Conflict: Using a compound that strongly activates a growth pathway might, in theory, "wake up" dormant cancer cells or push toward a recurrence.

Important Note

Dihexa should not be started unless your oncologist is involved. Given your lymphoma history, any agent that stimulates growth pathways (HGF/c-Met) needs approval from a specialist familiar with your particular lymphoma type and where you stand now (remission vs. active treatment).

Here is a link to an overview of dihexa, and it includes links to several studies you can look over:


https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/dihexa


Some vendors do carry this peptide.
 
Considering the patient's brain injury, my initial concern is whether they are able to give meaningful consent to treatment—that is, do they grasp the potential risks and benefits of a peptide that has not been officially approved for human use?

Even if you hold legal authority to make medical decisions for them, whether formally or informally as a close relative, administering it without genuine consent could leave you legally exposed if something went wrong because of the peptide, or if any event occurred that was attributed to the peptide.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Considering the patient's brain injury, my initial concern is whether they are able to give meaningful consent to treatment—that is, do they grasp the potential risks and benefits of a peptide that has not been officially approved for human use?

Even if you hold legal authority to make medical decisions for them, whether formally or informally as a close relative, administering it without genuine consent could leave you legally exposed if something went wrong because of the peptide, or if any event occurred that was attributed to the peptide.
I also wrestle with that same ethical question, so asking around is my way of avoiding rushing in blindly. Should I ever go ahead with giving him the medication, my plan is to bring it up multiple times with both him and whoever holds legal guardianship, until at some later point he can confirm the discussion happened and that he agrees to it. Calling him an idiot would be wrong — he's intelligent, formerly a specialist in his own profession. The only gap is his short term memory. Miracles aren't what I'm after either; my aim is simply to look into anything that could make his day to day life less difficult.
 
Chili777 said:

I'm truly sorry that you're facing this. It's a heartbreaking situation, and the choice ahead is far from easy. According to an AI analysis from Gemini, there's a genuine danger that any inactive cancer could be reactivated, and dihexa carries exactly that kind of risk. On top of that, every study so far has used rats—no human trials exist. This peptide is still emerging, and a few of those studies have been retracted. From Gemini:

The HGF/c-Met Connection (The Primary Risk)

The main worry with Dihexa comes down to how it works. Its action involves turning on the HGF/c-Met pathway (Hepatocyte Growth Factor).

In the brain: This pathway drives synaptogenesis—new connections forming between neurons—which explains why researchers study it for "chemo-brain" or Alzheimer's.

In cancer: The c-Met receptor is often overexpressed across many cancers, among them certain lymphomas. Once this pathway is switched on, it can support cell survival, migration, and tumor growth.

The Conflict: Using a compound that strongly activates a growth pathway might, in theory, "wake up" dormant cancer cells or push toward a recurrence.

Important Note

Dihexa should not be started unless your oncologist is involved. Given your lymphoma history, any agent that stimulates growth pathways (HGF/c-Met) needs approval from a specialist familiar with your particular lymphoma type and where you stand now (remission vs. active treatment).

Here is a link to an overview of dihexa, and it includes links to several studies you can look over:


https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/dihexa


Some vendors do carry this peptide.
Appreciate it, Chili! I'll go through those. While looking around, I also came across Fosgonimeton — it's built off the Dihexa molecule — and the human studies that were run on it. The results leaned toward slight gains, yet the trials got halted over a mix of issues: subject numbers came in lower than planned, placebo arms also improved, and so on. That's the kind of human trial data I was referring to. As for cancer coming back, that's a danger I don't take lightly here. If the shoe were on my foot and I were the RS? I'd dive in headfirst without hesitation.
 
lessthanhalf said:

That reply was mainly about checking whether that side of things had crossed your mind.
Thanks so much. I'm new here, and you don't know me from Adam, so the fact that you cared enough to write that post means a lot 😀 It's certainly worth considering. This is a hell of a spot to be in. Right now I'm not his legal guardian, though that will change down the road. Treating him like a lab rat is the last thing I'd want — especially a lab rat who can't consent. If he isn't able to agree to it, then I won't move forward. You've settled that question for me.
 
If I were in your position, I'd check out the neuropeptides coming out of Russia. From what I can tell, their safety profile looks fairly solid. The two I'd begin looking into would be Cerebrolysin and epitalon.
 
yrrdead said:

If I were in your position, I'd check out the neuropeptides coming out of Russia. From what I can tell, their safety profile looks fairly solid. The two I'd begin looking into would be Cerebrolysin and epitalon.
Those were on my radar as well. Cerebrolysin especially, though my shipment has been sitting in limbo for 6 weeks now. Beyond that, both it and the Russian peptides are aimed at tuning neural networks that already exist. From what I've read, the usual stack for that goal would be Epitalon first, then Cerebrolysin. Dihexa, on the other hand, is built to reconstruct networks that have been damaged, which seems to match what this RS requires. It's the heavy hitter, but given the RS's background, the downside risk is just as serious.
 
yrrdead said:

If I were in your position, I'd check out the neuropeptides coming out of Russia. From what I can tell, their safety profile looks fairly solid. The two I'd begin looking into would be Cerebrolysin and epitalon.
Cerebrolysin was another option I had in mind. OP might want to check out Cerebrolysin.com as well as this thread. As stated on cerebrolysin.com, "Cerebrolysin® is a multi-modal neuropeptide drug with a fast onset of action that helps to regain and maintain the independence of patients suffering from stroke, TBI, dementia and cognitive impairment." If they ask whether you're a medical professional, say yes. I would also bring up clinical trial enrollment for the RS with the doctor.
 
Chili777 said:

yrrdead said:

If I were in your position, I'd check out the neuropeptides coming out of Russia. From what I can tell, their safety profile looks fairly solid. The two I'd begin looking into would be Cerebrolysin and epitalon.
Those were on my radar as well. Cerebrolysin especially, though my shipment has been sitting in limbo for 6 weeks now. Beyond that, both it and the Russian peptides are aimed at tuning neural networks that already exist. From what I've read, the usual stack for that goal would be Epitalon first, then Cerebrolysin. Dihexa, on the other hand, is built to reconstruct networks that have been damaged, which seems to match what this RS requires. It's the heavy hitter, but given the RS's background, the downside risk is just as serious.

Fingers crossed that our cerebrolysin shipments show up at some point 😅 From what I gather, there's a significant backlog because of the recent holiday.

For this situation, Epitalon probably wouldn't be the first thing I'd reach for. I've just finished up my second cycle, and aside from a slight lift in mood, I haven't really seen any cognitive shifts. From the website's claims alone, Cerebrolysin seems like the better bet.
 
yrrdead said:

If I were in your position, I'd check out the neuropeptides coming out of Russia. From what I can tell, their safety profile looks fairly solid. The two I'd begin looking into would be Cerebrolysin and epitalon.
I know nothing about that one. I'll take a look. Thanks!
 
Hambocommando said:

I know this subject has been discussed to death, but I'm exploring Dihexa for an RS dealing with anoxic brain injury. RS had lymphoma, was taken in for surgery, passed away twice during the procedure, and remained in a coma for several months. At this point RS struggles with significant short-term memory problems, trouble thinking independently, and impaired fine motor control. The doctors have gotten to a place where they're fine leaving RS's care exactly as it stands and won't attempt anything experimental. They refused to even consider hyperbaric therapy since it was novel and unproven, and naturally, insurance would not pay for it. I keep thinking that if it were their own relative, they'd be pushing harder. Since Dihexa and its pro-drug derivative forms have demonstrated benefits for neuroplasticity and certain memory improvements, I'm strongly leaning toward trying it for RS. Still, I have reservations.

Many people bring up angiogenesis risk and previous cancers. Is there any concrete research I ought to look at regarding that effect? Not only for Dihexa specifically, but for angiogenesis-related peptides in general. RS cannot perceive or report any changes personally, so everything would have to come from outside observation. We held off on GLP1 treatment for the same kind of reason. Just picture enduring awful side effects without realizing they're side effects, because you don't even know you're on medication.

Additionally, if Dihexa isn't a terrible plan, I'd welcome any hints pointing toward oral sources.
It's painful to see you and your RS facing this situation. If this were someone in my family, I'd feel the same frustration at doctors who stop searching for solutions. My suggestions are in the replies I gave earlier.

When did the coma and operation take place? Is your RS able to recall details after they've been brought up repeatedly?
 
cheaperseeker said:

Chili777 said:

yrrdead said:

If I were in your position, I'd check out the neuropeptides coming out of Russia. From what I can tell, their safety profile looks fairly solid. The two I'd begin looking into would be Cerebrolysin and epitalon.
Those were on my radar as well. Cerebrolysin especially, though my shipment has been sitting in limbo for 6 weeks now. Beyond that, both it and the Russian peptides are aimed at tuning neural networks that already exist. From what I've read, the usual stack for that goal would be Epitalon first, then Cerebrolysin. Dihexa, on the other hand, is built to reconstruct networks that have been damaged, which seems to match what this RS requires. It's the heavy hitter, but given the RS's background, the downside risk is just as serious.

Fingers crossed that our cerebrolysin shipments show up at some point 😅 From what I gather, there's a significant backlog because of the recent holiday.

For this situation, Epitalon probably wouldn't be the first thing I'd reach for. I've just finished up my second cycle, and aside from a slight lift in mood, I haven't really seen any cognitive shifts. From the website's claims alone, Cerebrolysin seems like the better bet.
Yeah, how strongly you notice anything probably comes down to your age plus how much damage there is along the signalling pathways. Personally I believed it did something for me, but with damage this severe I doubt it applies — though I'm no Russian physician.

For this RS, I wouldn't treat it as the starting point. Cerebrolysin and dihexa both look like reasonable choices; my main concern was simply how long the wait would be. Mine may also have gotten held up. We'll find out.

Edit: According to the guide, for stroke and/or cognitive impairment the suggested protocol is likewise 20-50 ml given IV every day across 14-21 days. How they would pull that off, I don't know.
 
cheaperseeker said:

Hambocommando said:

I know this subject has been discussed to death, but I'm exploring Dihexa for an RS dealing with anoxic brain injury. RS had lymphoma, was taken in for surgery, passed away twice during the procedure, and remained in a coma for several months. At this point RS struggles with significant short-term memory problems, trouble thinking independently, and impaired fine motor control. The doctors have gotten to a place where they're fine leaving RS's care exactly as it stands and won't attempt anything experimental. They refused to even consider hyperbaric therapy since it was novel and unproven, and naturally, insurance would not pay for it. I keep thinking that if it were their own relative, they'd be pushing harder. Since Dihexa and its pro-drug derivative forms have demonstrated benefits for neuroplasticity and certain memory improvements, I'm strongly leaning toward trying it for RS. Still, I have reservations.

Many people bring up angiogenesis risk and previous cancers. Is there any concrete research I ought to look at regarding that effect? Not only for Dihexa specifically, but for angiogenesis-related peptides in general. RS cannot perceive or report any changes personally, so everything would have to come from outside observation. We held off on GLP1 treatment for the same kind of reason. Just picture enduring awful side effects without realizing they're side effects, because you don't even know you're on medication.

Additionally, if Dihexa isn't a terrible plan, I'd welcome any hints pointing toward oral sources.
It's painful to see you and your RS facing this situation. If this were someone in my family, I'd feel the same frustration at doctors who stop searching for solutions. My suggestions are in the replies I gave earlier.

When did the coma and operation take place? Is your RS able to recall details after they've been brought up repeatedly?
The event took place in 2020. Over the course of 6 years, he has shown slow gains, though these have been interrupted by stretches of decline. On certain days he can recall what occurred the previous day, while on others he will ask whether he has had lunch 6 times from 12:00pm to 12:30pm. I am hesitant to interfere with the brain, since it remains such an enigma, but should anything exist that could possibly assist, I intend to explore it.
 
Chili777 said:

cheaperseeker said:

Chili777 said:

yrrdead said:

If I were in your position, I'd check out the neuropeptides coming out of Russia. From what I can tell, their safety profile looks fairly solid. The two I'd begin looking into would be Cerebrolysin and epitalon.
Those were on my radar as well. Cerebrolysin especially, though my shipment has been sitting in limbo for 6 weeks now. Beyond that, both it and the Russian peptides are aimed at tuning neural networks that already exist. From what I've read, the usual stack for that goal would be Epitalon first, then Cerebrolysin. Dihexa, on the other hand, is built to reconstruct networks that have been damaged, which seems to match what this RS requires. It's the heavy hitter, but given the RS's background, the downside risk is just as serious.

Fingers crossed that our cerebrolysin shipments show up at some point 😅 From what I gather, there's a significant backlog because of the recent holiday.

For this situation, Epitalon probably wouldn't be the first thing I'd reach for. I've just finished up my second cycle, and aside from a slight lift in mood, I haven't really seen any cognitive shifts. From the website's claims alone, Cerebrolysin seems like the better bet.
Yeah, how strongly you notice anything probably comes down to your age plus how much damage there is along the signalling pathways. Personally I believed it did something for me, but with damage this severe I doubt it applies — though I'm no Russian physician.

For this RS, I wouldn't treat it as the starting point. Cerebrolysin and dihexa both look like reasonable choices; my main concern was simply how long the wait would be. Mine may also have gotten held up. We'll find out.

Edit: According to the guide, for stroke and/or cognitive impairment the suggested protocol is likewise 20-50 ml given IV every day across 14-21 days. How they would pull that off, I don't know.
There's a thread from Anela, the person known for ghk-cu, where she discusses how epitalon helped with her frontal lobe problems caused by a TBI, and she includes some eegs. Also, she doesn't seem like someone who would try to bs anyone, or at least that's the impression I got.
 
Some less conventional options come to mind:

  • Shrooms: Psilocybin carries a reputation for protecting neurons and damping inflammation in the brain. Certain people hold the view that neuroinflammation underlies anoxic brain injuries. On top of that, shrooms promote neuroplasticity. This route clearly pushes boundaries, yet it deserves a look. Should you go this way, my recommendation is microdosing once every 2 days across 30 days, which keeps mind-altering/hallucinogenic effects away.
  • Reta: This peptide does far more than shed weight. It tackles inflammation, boosts the brain's glucose usage, and is regarded as neuroprotective. Assuming no weight loss is required, my guess is that a maintenance/starting dose suffices to test whether it delivers any benefit. If cancer worries exist, laboratory studies in mice have demonstrated Reta starving tumor cells.
  • GHK-cu (already brought up) along with TB4 both carry a reputation for aiding brain recovery and repair.
 
yrrdead said:

Chili777 said:

cheaperseeker said:

Chili777 said:

yrrdead said:

If I were in your position, I'd check out the neuropeptides coming out of Russia. From what I can tell, their safety profile looks fairly solid. The two I'd begin looking into would be Cerebrolysin and epitalon.
Those were on my radar as well. Cerebrolysin especially, though my shipment has been sitting in limbo for 6 weeks now. Beyond that, both it and the Russian peptides are aimed at tuning neural networks that already exist. From what I've read, the usual stack for that goal would be Epitalon first, then Cerebrolysin. Dihexa, on the other hand, is built to reconstruct networks that have been damaged, which seems to match what this RS requires. It's the heavy hitter, but given the RS's background, the downside risk is just as serious.

Fingers crossed that our cerebrolysin shipments show up at some point 😅 From what I gather, there's a significant backlog because of the recent holiday.

For this situation, Epitalon probably wouldn't be the first thing I'd reach for. I've just finished up my second cycle, and aside from a slight lift in mood, I haven't really seen any cognitive shifts. From the website's claims alone, Cerebrolysin seems like the better bet.
Yeah, how strongly you notice anything probably comes down to your age plus how much damage there is along the signalling pathways. Personally I believed it did something for me, but with damage this severe I doubt it applies — though I'm no Russian physician.

For this RS, I wouldn't treat it as the starting point. Cerebrolysin and dihexa both look like reasonable choices; my main concern was simply how long the wait would be. Mine may also have gotten held up. We'll find out.

Edit: According to the guide, for stroke and/or cognitive impairment the suggested protocol is likewise 20-50 ml given IV every day across 14-21 days. How they would pull that off, I don't know.
There's a thread from Anela, the person known for ghk-cu, where she discusses how epitalon helped with her frontal lobe problems caused by a TBI, and she includes some eegs. Also, she doesn't seem like someone who would try to bs anyone, or at least that's the impression I got.
Right, it was her Reddit post that got me looking into this. Our situations overlap quite a bit. Her routine is 10 days each month. Once I've established a baseline, I might switch to that schedule too.
 
Back
Top