Did I ruin my tirz during reconstitution, or is it still usable?

Shinobu

Explorer
Joined
Apr 24, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ Trenton
Long story short, this was my first time reconstituting and filtering tirz. When I removed the cap from the T10 vial, the whole metal crimp came off with it, so only the rubber stopper was left (I can post a picture if anyone wants to see). That seemed odd, but because I was moving it into a new sterile vial anyway, I didn't think much of it. Then, after adding BAC water and reconstituting it, while I was drawing the peptide back into the 3mL syringe, the whole rubber stopper popped off 😭.

Basically, the entire vial was open to the air. Fortunately, I already had about 99% of the peptide in the syringe, so I quickly drew up whatever was left, attached the filter to my needle, and filtered it into a new vial. Now I'm a bit unsure whether it's still okay to use, since I did filter it afterward, so I'm just asking for advice on whether I can still use it.

(P.S. I know where I went wrong: I didn't vent the vial with a filter, which let too much pressure build up inside it, and I also used a 22 gauge to filter it, which added even more pressure and made the rubber stopper pop open like that. Definitely learning from this next time, lmao.)
 
The first time I mixed mine, I had no idea the vial was under vacuum. It caught me off guard when the BAC water got pulled straight into the vial.
 
Shinobu said:

Long story short, this was my first time reconstituting and filtering tirz. When I removed the cap from the T10 vial, the whole metal crimp came off with it, so only the rubber stopper was left (I can post a picture if anyone wants to see). That seemed odd, but because I was moving it into a new sterile vial anyway, I didn't think much of it. Then, after adding BAC water and reconstituting it, while I was drawing the peptide back into the 3mL syringe, the whole rubber stopper popped off 😭.

Basically, the entire vial was open to the air. Fortunately, I already had about 99% of the peptide in the syringe, so I quickly drew up whatever was left, attached the filter to my needle, and filtered it into a new vial. Now I'm a bit unsure whether it's still okay to use, since I did filter it afterward, so I'm just asking for advice on whether I can still use it.

(P.S. I know where I went wrong: I didn't vent the vial with a filter, which let too much pressure build up inside it, and I also used a 22 gauge to filter it, which added even more pressure and made the rubber stopper pop open like that. Definitely learning from this next time, lmao.)
Since every time you pin, you pressurize the vial and that means air gets introduced, it would appear this wouldn't really be a problem (provided you're not injecting next to your bathroom)

Or is air the only thing you're concerned about?
 
No problem at all. I'd go ahead and use it.

For drawing up the peptide I use a 1.5" 27g needle, and I vent with a shorter one. In a 3 ml vial, that 1.5" reaches all the way down.
 
Skidude said:

Shinobu said:

Long story short, this was my first time reconstituting and filtering tirz. When I removed the cap from the T10 vial, the whole metal crimp came off with it, so only the rubber stopper was left (I can post a picture if anyone wants to see). That seemed odd, but because I was moving it into a new sterile vial anyway, I didn't think much of it. Then, after adding BAC water and reconstituting it, while I was drawing the peptide back into the 3mL syringe, the whole rubber stopper popped off 😭.

Basically, the entire vial was open to the air. Fortunately, I already had about 99% of the peptide in the syringe, so I quickly drew up whatever was left, attached the filter to my needle, and filtered it into a new vial. Now I'm a bit unsure whether it's still okay to use, since I did filter it afterward, so I'm just asking for advice on whether I can still use it.

(P.S. I know where I went wrong: I didn't vent the vial with a filter, which let too much pressure build up inside it, and I also used a 22 gauge to filter it, which added even more pressure and made the rubber stopper pop open like that. Definitely learning from this next time, lmao.)
Since every time you pin, you pressurize the vial and that means air gets introduced, it would appear this wouldn't really be a problem (provided you're not injecting next to your bathroom)

Or is air the only thing you're concerned about?

Only air got in, and since I ran it through a filter I'm not really concerned. It just looked so rough that it gave me a bit of a weird feeling, lol.
 
Shinobu said:

Long story short, this was my first time reconstituting and filtering tirz. When I removed the cap from the T10 vial, the whole metal crimp came off with it, so only the rubber stopper was left (I can post a picture if anyone wants to see). That seemed odd, but because I was moving it into a new sterile vial anyway, I didn't think much of it. Then, after adding BAC water and reconstituting it, while I was drawing the peptide back into the 3mL syringe, the whole rubber stopper popped off 😭.

Basically, the entire vial was open to the air. Fortunately, I already had about 99% of the peptide in the syringe, so I quickly drew up whatever was left, attached the filter to my needle, and filtered it into a new vial. Now I'm a bit unsure whether it's still okay to use, since I did filter it afterward, so I'm just asking for advice on whether I can still use it.

(P.S. I know where I went wrong: I didn't vent the vial with a filter, which let too much pressure build up inside it, and I also used a 22 gauge to filter it, which added even more pressure and made the rubber stopper pop open like that. Definitely learning from this next time, lmao.)
Jab away.
 
A couple of seconds in open air isn't really a big deal here, and the reason for that is it took place prior to filtering. Whatever microbes, yeast, or spores were drifting in the air and could have landed in your solution would have been removed right away by the filter.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Shinobu said:

Long story short, this was my first time reconstituting and filtering tirz. When I removed the cap from the T10 vial, the whole metal crimp came off with it, so only the rubber stopper was left (I can post a picture if anyone wants to see). That seemed odd, but because I was moving it into a new sterile vial anyway, I didn't think much of it. Then, after adding BAC water and reconstituting it, while I was drawing the peptide back into the 3mL syringe, the whole rubber stopper popped off 😭.

Basically, the entire vial was open to the air. Fortunately, I already had about 99% of the peptide in the syringe, so I quickly drew up whatever was left, attached the filter to my needle, and filtered it into a new vial. Now I'm a bit unsure whether it's still okay to use, since I did filter it afterward, so I'm just asking for advice on whether I can still use it.

(P.S. I know where I went wrong: I didn't vent the vial with a filter, which let too much pressure build up inside it, and I also used a 22 gauge to filter it, which added even more pressure and made the rubber stopper pop open like that. Definitely learning from this next time, lmao.)
Jab away.
so far i've had no problems
 
Back
Top