Did a 3-Week Pause Make Tirz Stop Working for Me?

WLBLD said:

Mara_aa said:

WLBLD said:

Mara_aa said:

WLBLD said:

As others have said, take it slow — your system may need time to build the medication back up. No two people respond the same way. Personally, I stick to .5mg increments when titrating up, since I want to avoid harsh side effects.

Have you given Reta a try? It might suit you better?

I hope it starts working again for you, and that you've recovered from that virus!! 🙂

That means a lot, thank you! 🫶 You’re probably right that I just have to let it rebuild in my system. My increases are tiny for a reason: going through those intense side effects again is something I really want to avoid.

Reta is actually already in my possession, but I haven’t used it. I’m still looking into it thoroughly before deciding. What holds me back is that it might ramp up hunger or food noise, and since I’ve hit my goal, holding steady is my main focus now. On the bright side, the virus has fully passed!
Incredible — you hit your goal, congrats!! Then there’s nothing to stress over. Just ease into it and stick with whatever smallest dose keeps you steady. You don’t have to deal with any rough side effects or anything like that. Take pleasure in being at your goal and not feeling awful!! That’s fantastic!! 🙂
I really appreciate it! 🫶 Hitting my goal feels great, but if Tirz stops quieting the food noise, keeping the weight off seems unlikely. I watch my diet and calorie balance closely, yet a binge episode can wipe out days of hard work.

So it’s frustrating that the effect still hasn’t come back following the pause. Still, the insights everyone has offered, and what I’ve learned from your experiences, give me confidence that I’ll figure out a path forward.

What I’m weighing now: either raise my Tirz dose instead of staying at the current one (a bit odd now that I’ve reached my goal, though I’ll do it without hesitation if needed), or take a closer look at whether adding Reta could be helpful.
Coming up on 6mo and only halfway to where I want to be. It's going really slowly for me. My stack was 5mg Tirz plus 3mg Reta, then I changed to 4mg Tirz plus 4.5 Reta. Zero appetite (though I never really had much of one even before I started). Guess something in me is just busted, ha ha. I'm still hardly dropping anything and can hardly get food down, so I'm unsure whether another increase is needed or if I should experiment with my doses. Around 26lbs still to lose. For me, I believe the Tirz does more for pain & inflammation, so quitting that is definitely not happening!! 🙂
I know exactly what that feels like! My weight came off at a snail's pace even when I was barely eating, and there were several stretches where the scale simply refused to budge. Sounds like we both got handed a metabolism that won't cooperate lol

Still, you've made it halfway, and those 26 lbs are well within reach: you'll make it! Watching things move slowly can test your patience, but it's movement all the same, and shedding pounds gradually tends to be gentler on the body and simpler to hold onto. And if Tirz is also easing your pain and inflammation, I get completely why letting it go isn't an option! 🫶
 
ladyj779 said:

Across 6 months, you never got up to the clinical starting dose, and your reaction to the medication appears to be overwhelming you. Once more, this medication might not be a good fit for you.

Taking a medication while you are terrified is not a healthy situation to be in.
Exactly. Don't stress about it until you've injected 18 or 20mg and you're still ready to demolish an 18oz cheesesteak....
 
Back
Top