Diarrhoea as a Side Effect

Der Erlkasper

Explorer
Joined
Oct 23, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
I’m still taking the 2mg dose, and last week I had severe watery diarrhoea that gradually eased off.

I can’t tell whether it came from some contaminated vegetable or from Reta, since it seemed a lot like food poisoning.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is this the kind of thing that fits the known side effects? Would it be better to reduce my dose, or maybe miss a week?
 
This is a well-documented reaction that people commonly experience. If it kicks in following your injection, reta is almost certainly the culprit. My suggestion would be to reduce your amount to 1 mg.
 
miss-sanne said:

This is a well-documented reaction that people commonly experience. If it kicks in following your injection, reta is almost certainly the culprit. My suggestion would be to reduce your amount to 1 mg.
This occurred during week 3. So far, the dosing has been 2mg each week.
 
Der Erlkasper said:

miss-sanne said:

This is a well-documented reaction that people commonly experience. If it kicks in following your injection, reta is almost certainly the culprit. My suggestion would be to reduce your amount to 1 mg.
This occurred during week 3. So far, the dosing has been 2mg each week.
Reta would be where my suspicion lands — it accumulates in your system.
 
Gut motility gets affected in a way that doesn't quite add up — either constipation or diarrhoea can result. When the dose stays the same, levels max out around week 4, meaning blood concentration should hit its highest point roughly a day after each injection and creep a bit higher week by week. Visualising this is where https://glp1plotter.com/ comes in handy, since the slow uptake and week long half life set it apart from nearly every other drug. Peak blood levels are what side effects track with.

Dropping to 1mg for a period and then stepping up more gradually, to 1.5mg next, is what I'd support. Broadly speaking, gastrointestinal issues tend to be at their worst around months 1 to 3, after which they gradually ease for most people — and slowing the dose increases is the optimal way to keep this to a minimum.
 
I've now spent 18 weeks on Reta. Not long ago I moved my dose up, going from 3mg e5D to 5mg e5d, and ever since then the explosions have been happening. I also changed over to Jeep Reta at the same time as the dose increase. I have a few theories, though Imodium appears to provide some relief. Fingers crossed it's only a brief adjustment phase
 
Some reading for the bathroom:




Normal side effects?



At 5mg per week, diarrhoea showed up for a few days following the injection. Last night I took 10mg, and on waking the effects hit me hard: excessive sweating unless I'm in very cold AC, diarrhoea obviously, stomach pain, slight headache. The stomach pain is the biggest problem...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com




Anyone else get a good bit of undigested food in stool as a triz side?



Possibly this also comes from changing my diet, since I'm having more vegetables and salads and such, but it's odd to be passing leaves and carrot pieces and stuff. Particularly 2 days after a dose, for whatever reason. The triz sides seem to strike @ 48 hours after a dose.

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com




Lower starting doses



So is 1.0 mg of tirz the right starting point? I doubt it. Exceptions exist, but nearly nobody does that. For tirz, 2.5 mg is regarded as the lowest initiation dose, and the present maximum of 15 mg is six times greater. I suspect some of the confusion arises because people lose...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com




Might retrutide work better for me



For a bit more than three months I've been on tirzepatide, and issues have emerged that prevent me from reaching an effective dose. I gradually increased to 5 mg of tirz once weekly. Roughly three days into the week, I developed crippling diarrhoea and annoying insomnia...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com

Calm Logic said:


What I don't see enough of: People using

telehealth
to manage GI symptoms. A person could even schedule weekly telehealth appointments with a board-certified internist. Or just use Amazon telehealth as needed. But the microdosers, to be consistent, may want to microdose GI meds too, haha.

Click to expand...
 
Calm Logic said:

Some reading for the bathroom:




Normal side effects?



At 5mg per week, diarrhoea showed up for a few days following the injection. Last night I took 10mg, and on waking the effects hit me hard: excessive sweating unless I'm in very cold AC, diarrhoea obviously, stomach pain, slight headache. The stomach pain is the biggest problem...

View attachment 12484


GLP1Chat.com




Anyone else get a good bit of undigested food in stool as a triz side?



Possibly this also comes from changing my diet, since I'm having more vegetables and salads and such, but it's odd to be passing leaves and carrot pieces and stuff. Particularly 2 days after a dose, for whatever reason. The triz sides seem to strike @ 48 hours after a dose.

View attachment 12484


GLP1Chat.com




Lower starting doses



So is 1.0 mg of tirz the right starting point? I doubt it. Exceptions exist, but nearly nobody does that. For tirz, 2.5 mg is regarded as the lowest initiation dose, and the present maximum of 15 mg is six times greater. I suspect some of the confusion arises because people lose...

View attachment 12484


GLP1Chat.com




Might retrutide work better for me



For a bit more than three months I've been on tirzepatide, and issues have emerged that prevent me from reaching an effective dose. I gradually increased to 5 mg of tirz once weekly. Roughly three days into the week, I developed crippling diarrhoea and annoying insomnia...

View attachment 12484


GLP1Chat.com

Calm Logic said:


What I don't see enough of: People using

telehealth
to manage GI symptoms. A person could even schedule weekly telehealth appointments with a board-certified internist. Or just use Amazon telehealth as needed. But the microdosers, to be consistent, may want to microdose GI meds too, haha.

Click to expand...

Why is it that people seem to adore sharing tales about poop? It seems to me that in every culture and every era, you'll find a bunch of folks eager to describe their bowel movements to you.
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
During week 2 on tirzapatide, this occurred for me, and then it also happened in week 2 of retatrutide. It only took place a single time. I will attempt to persevere for an additional week to find out whether it goes away.
 
At the start, I dealt with it for a handful of days, and possibly for 1 day following an increase in dose, though constipation tends to be my main problem.
 
Soluble fiber supplements could be of assistance too, even if that sounds odd given that they are likewise taken for constipation.

Beyond probiotics such as Florastor Advanced, kratom — a supplement that draws controversy — is another longer-term possibility, since its mild opioid-like action slows the lower GI tract.

randompersonrandom said:

Calm Logic said:

Some reading for the bathroom:




Normal side effects?



At 5mg per week, diarrhoea showed up for a few days following the injection. Last night I took 10mg, and on waking the effects hit me hard: excessive sweating unless I'm in very cold AC, diarrhoea obviously, stomach pain, slight headache. The stomach pain is the biggest problem...

View attachment 12484


GLP1Chat.com




Anyone else get a good bit of undigested food in stool as a triz side?



Possibly this also comes from changing my diet, since I'm having more vegetables and salads and such, but it's odd to be passing leaves and carrot pieces and stuff. Particularly 2 days after a dose, for whatever reason. The triz sides seem to strike @ 48 hours after a dose.

View attachment 12484


GLP1Chat.com




Lower starting doses



So is 1.0 mg of tirz the right starting point? I doubt it. Exceptions exist, but nearly nobody does that. For tirz, 2.5 mg is regarded as the lowest initiation dose, and the present maximum of 15 mg is six times greater. I suspect some of the confusion arises because people lose...

View attachment 12484


GLP1Chat.com




Might retrutide work better for me



For a bit more than three months I've been on tirzepatide, and issues have emerged that prevent me from reaching an effective dose. I gradually increased to 5 mg of tirz once weekly. Roughly three days into the week, I developed crippling diarrhoea and annoying insomnia...

View attachment 12484


GLP1Chat.com

Calm Logic said:


What I don't see enough of: People using

telehealth
to manage GI symptoms. A person could even schedule weekly telehealth appointments with a board-certified internist. Or just use Amazon telehealth as needed. But the microdosers, to be consistent, may want to microdose GI meds too, haha.

Click to expand...

Why is it that people seem to adore sharing tales about poop? It seems to me that in every culture and every era, you'll find a bunch of folks eager to describe their bowel movements to you.
Of all the reasons people quit tirz for good, diarrhea was what my pharmacist cautioned me about most. For a lot of people on GLPs, the diarrhea they get is the worst of their whole lives, particularly when IBS-D was already present.
 
Der Erlkasper said:

miss-sanne said:

This is a well-documented reaction that people commonly experience. If it kicks in following your injection, reta is almost certainly the culprit. My suggestion would be to reduce your amount to 1 mg.
This occurred during week 3. So far, the dosing has been 2mg each week.
It's common for this to happen, since the reta level starts reaching its peak and plateauing around week 4 after the first shot. So be ready for a bit more trouble during this week and the next one.

Here's what you can do:

1) drop back down to 1 mg or 1.5 mg and remain at that level for a month. Once your body has adjusted to that amount, raise it gradually to 2 mg. You might need a slower escalation so your body has time to adapt.

2) keep going and put up with it (I wouldn't choose this) while hoping your digestive system adjusts sooner rather than later.

3) watch which kinds of foods set off the problem. Back when I began, greasy or oily foods would trigger issues. Staying at 2 mg could work for you if you steer clear of the foods that trigger it.

Naturally, food poisoning is also a real possibility, but I don't think that's what happened.
 
Back
Top