Delivery status stuck and never updating — need advice

A jeep order of mine ran into the exact same problem. The status said out for delivery, but that date passed with nothing showing up. After that it flipped to an error notice, and all of a sudden the parcel was in New York? A replacement tracking number was issued to me, and that second one did arrive. As for the original shipment, it looks like it may have been intercepted or simply lost. When I went to the post office and asked, they told me it had been sitting at customs the entire time and was never close to being delivered to me. In my opinion their tracking system is glitching.
 
Bastogne22 said:


How did you track it to the states and through customs?

I used another vendor and the only tracking info that pops up is USPS from 3/20. It has never updated and I have never received anything. When I asked the vendor last week they told me it was currently going through customs in the destination country. So they either have a way to track it or they are just feeding me a line of BS?

Click to expand...
I came across the US-side tracking details at parcelsapp.com
 
Over the past month, 2 orders from ERPUS WH have gone through without a hitch. This looks like a USPS problem to me.
 
wulf00777 said:


Barn is not responding to my numerous requests for an update. Package shipped March 15 from China to USA, still has not touched USPS. Very frustrating. I assume they are just ripping people off now.

Click to expand...
I'm really hoping this is nothing more than a shipping slowdown. Honestly, though, I've grown pretty reluctant to buy from China. With the JEEP endotoxins, fake postage, and vendors going silent, it's feeling like a risky move.

Right now I've switched to a US Warehouse (not Barn), though the options there are never great. Even that purchase came with some oddities. If I were the suspicious type, I'd think the FDA might be quietly pressuring Chinese sellers into tanking their own market.
 
myboysherman said:

For me, USPS tracking occasionally just stops showing updates. At times it looks like parcels get routed to the wrong place, as if they remained on a plane for an additional leg of the journey. During those stretches, there are no scans at all, and then out of nowhere it says "out for delivery." Nothing has gone missing yet, but I have never had one stay unaccounted for beyond roughly a week.
LOL, calling it that is putting it mildly.

Take a single package that has been going back and forth for 3 weeks. Completely absurd. I don't think it will ever show up. With USPS tracking, it's basically just a list of hopes.
 
PunkN said:

So that's how it got sorted out. Great.
Even so, they hit you with "honey," so I guess that makes everything fine. Such sweethearts. 🙄

No question — I'd be posting that exchange in every place I could.
 
"It looks like there's a misunderstanding. When I request that you look into a package, I'm not seeking compensation. That's simply the way USPS operates. The sender needs to mark it as potentially lost before USPS can start looking into what happened to it."

I suspect that approach would have worked out better.
 
FartfulCodger said:

wulf00777 said:


Barn is not responding to my numerous requests for an update. Package shipped March 15 from China to USA, still has not touched USPS. Very frustrating. I assume they are just ripping people off now.

Click to expand...
I'm really hoping this is nothing more than a shipping slowdown. Honestly, though, I've grown pretty reluctant to buy from China. With the JEEP endotoxins, fake postage, and vendors going silent, it's feeling like a risky move.

Right now I've switched to a US Warehouse (not Barn), though the options there are never great. Even that purchase came with some oddities. If I were the suspicious type, I'd think the FDA might be quietly pressuring Chinese sellers into tanking their own market.
Barn sorted everything out. They came through, returned my money, and their good name is intact. No complaints from me anymore.
 
A package of mine went out through 4px, and for 12 days there was no change at all — it just sat at pre Chinese customs. Then out of nowhere it jumped to uk post customs and got handed off to Royal Mail for the last mile. Honestly, things seem really chaotic right now. I also have a second parcel in transit with GLY, and they usually keep tracking pretty solid, but this one likewise hasn't budged in a week.
 
PunkN said:

So that's how it got sorted out. Great.
Filing a missing mail claim through USPS is something you can do yourself. I've gone through that process more than once. On 1 occasion it didn't work out, which I talked about earlier in this thread, but another time my neighborhood post office actually located the parcel.

As for a Chinese middle man sales agent, I wouldn't count on them logging into USPS and submitting a claim for you. If they did that, it might expose them to some kind of risk.
 
Back
Top