Delivery status stuck and never updating — need advice

PunkN

Explorer
Joined
Aug 29, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
I placed an order with ERP on April 6th. I had to ask for tracking, and it appeared on April 9th. USPS listed April 13th as the delivery date. That day passed without a delivery, and ever since then the status just says it's moving through the network.

Now for my real question. I attempted to file a ‘find my package’ request with USPS, but I couldn't answer the questions correctly. What should I do?





65b9c670dd127c0a3388774c6f218096efdb532d558bd98633d79a835c8d3f85.webp
 
Peotidethrowaway said:

Hold on 🤷‍♂️

At this stage, it's likely gone.
Alright, that makes sense. But where does that leave me? I came here looking for guidance or ideas. The seller hasn’t been much help at all.
 
Nothing can be done here. Once it reaches the states, USPS has full control over it. Calling them is an option, but the answer will probably be that it's moving toward the next facility and delayed. The Midwest got slammed by tornados 2 weeks in a row. Who knows, maybe your truck tipped over.
 
Odds are a postal employee took your package. Those workers have a well-known habit of stealing. They'll even swipe a child's birthday card just to get the $5 grandma tucked inside. Chances are good they're injecting your peptides right now, or they've flipped them to someone who recognizes what they are, because they sure aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Yeah, that's most likely the situation.
 
Proverbs 3:3

חֶ֥סֶד וֶאֱמֶ֗ת אַֽל־יַ֫עַזְבֻ֥ךָ קׇשְׁרֵ֥ם עַל־גַּרְגְּרוֹתֶ֑יךָ כׇּ֝תְבֵ֗ם עַל־ל֥וּחַ לִבֶּֽךָ׃
 
Last year a vendor shipment went through something similar for me. During the final leg, usps misplaced it. It even displayed as out for delivery, yet usps 'lost' it. That order was also the largest single purchase I have ever made. usps never located it.
 
For me, USPS tracking occasionally just stops showing updates. At times it looks like parcels get routed to the wrong place, as if they remained on a plane for an additional leg of the journey. During those stretches, there are no scans at all, and then out of nowhere it says "out for delivery." Nothing has gone missing yet, but I have never had one stay unaccounted for beyond roughly a week.
 
dogmom said:

Last year a vendor shipment went through something similar for me. During the final leg, usps misplaced it. It even displayed as out for delivery, yet usps 'lost' it. That order was also the largest single purchase I have ever made. usps never located it.
How did this turn out in the end? Was a replacement package sent to you? Did you receive a partial refund, or the full amount back?
 
Once a shipment makes it through import customs and gets passed to a U.S. carrier, my assumption is that the vendor is no longer on the hook. From there, whatever hold-ups or problems come up would probably fall to USPS instead of the seller.
 
Kirbyzx6 said:

dogmom said:

Last year a vendor shipment went through something similar for me. During the final leg, usps misplaced it. It even displayed as out for delivery, yet usps 'lost' it. That order was also the largest single purchase I have ever made. usps never located it.
How did this turn out in the end? Was a replacement package sent to you? Did you receive a partial refund, or the full amount back?
No money returned and nothing reshipped. I never even requested either. The vendor wasn't to blame.
 
dirtyharry said:

I placed my very first order with them earlier today... this really doesn't inspire much confidence
Keep believing in ERP and other vendors — this situation falls entirely on USPS. Sadly, unless you're ready to cover the cost of upgraded shipping, this is the situation we have to deal with.
 
Seems like I've just hit a dead end. I've contacted Louise on three separate occasions now. The first two times were to check whether she had any visibility on her side, and the third was to request that a claim be filed.

I was hoping to build up a supply. Now I need to look for a different vendor.
 
My shipment from Barn took a tour of the US. It sat in NYC for 3 weeks without the status moving, then spent 2 days in Chicago, 3 days in Miami, and then landed in Dallas. Once it had been in Dallas a few days, they concluded the sender had applied counterfeit postage, and noted that no additional tracking would appear. It never arrived.

I hope you avoid this situation. To her credit, the vendor issued my refund without delay.
 
Since April 10th, mine has shown "shipping label created, USPS awaiting the package."

It reached the States and cleared customs quickly. After that, silence. I located the USPS tracking number through parcelsapp.com.
 
Did this come from overseas, or was it shipped out of a warehouse inside the USA? If things go well, it may have been routed to the wrong region at a sorting hub and could still show up. If things go badly, it may be genuinely lost. A less ideal scenario: it was an overseas shipment & Customs had USPS send it back to the sender for "reinspection". The worst scenario: it held something prohibited & Postal Inspectors seized it. Fingers crossed & I hope it appears before long.
 
sofaKINGnoob said:

Did this come from overseas, or was it shipped out of a warehouse inside the USA? If things go well, it may have been routed to the wrong region at a sorting hub and could still show up. If things go badly, it may be genuinely lost. A less ideal scenario: it was an overseas shipment & Customs had USPS send it back to the sender for "reinspection". The worst scenario: it held something prohibited & Postal Inspectors seized it. Fingers crossed & I hope it appears before long.
The order came out of a warehouse located in the U.S.
 
PunkN said:

sofaKINGnoob said:

Did this come from overseas, or was it shipped out of a warehouse inside the USA? If things go well, it may have been routed to the wrong region at a sorting hub and could still show up. If things go badly, it may be genuinely lost. A less ideal scenario: it was an overseas shipment & Customs had USPS send it back to the sender for "reinspection". The worst scenario: it held something prohibited & Postal Inspectors seized it. Fingers crossed & I hope it appears before long.
The order came out of a warehouse located in the U.S.
With any luck it's misplaced or lost instead of taken — USPS lets you file a missing mail report through their site, though there appear to be some limits...

Missing Mail Search Disclaimer

The Postal Service will attempt to find and return your lost item(s), but submitting a search does not guarantee a successful outcome. The Mail Recovery Center will return any item in which we can locate a good address inside the item, or identify the item from the official search request. For the safety of our customers and employees, the Mail Recovery Center cannot search for or return the following items:

  • Hazardous Material
  • Live Ammunition
  • Opened Hair/Beauty Products
  • Over the Counter Drugs
  • Prescription Drugs
  • Perishables/Food
  • Handguns - e.g. pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the Person, will only be returned to a licensed dealer on your behalf.
So perhaps leave out what's actually inside? Nobody is forcing them to open it.

One time this worked for me — my package turned up at the bottom of a pile of unused carts.

Should your local postmaster be friendly, try speaking with them or a supervisor; they may be able to trace the last known scan and place a call. I once worked at one, and we located mail and packages that had slipped behind something a month earlier. When something goes missing, they generally have an idea where to check, yet for whatever reason those spots don't get looked at unless they have to.

Then again, maybe some postal carrier is vibing to all your love letters, and peps.
 
Back
Top