Dairy-free shake options for a sensitive stomach?

On the move it is Fairlife chocolate. At home I blend

Fairlife 2% with Ghost protein on days when my carbs are running low, or Dymatize ISO100 in water.
 
bamagirl26 said:

My son talked me into buying the Premiere protein Chocolate peanut butter. Taste-wise it is great — but I suspect I am lactose intolerant, and these just sit in my upper stomach like a brick. I was out on a long bike ride, sitting on a bench, turned to say something to my husband and nearly brought it all back up on him! 🤮 Managed to keep it down and spare him, though it made me realise these ones probably are not right for me.

Orgain I have tried, and being dairy free those likely agree with me better, but the only flavours I have come across are chocolate and vanilla.. a bit dull.

There must be TONS of options out there. If dairy is a problem for you, which ones do you actually like? Thanks!
I rate these,

The strawberry one from the Lean Body line, ready to drink in a bottle: 40g of protein.​#-labrada-lean-body-ready-to-drink-strawberry-protein-shake-bottle-40g-protein
 
latviantower said:

Fairlife chocolate it is, then — the consensus here is clear and I am with it. For a proper treat, stir in a few tablespoons of chocolate pudding mix (sugar free or regular, take your pick), freeze it overnight, then run it through a Ninja Creami. The result drinks like a thicker version of Dairy Queen soft serve, or a Wendy's Frosty.

Every few months Costco runs a manufacturer's rebate on the 18 packs, and that is when I stock up — the price falls from $40 to $32-34.
My daughter picked one of those up recently. I will pass this along!
 
Revolution Nutrition powder has been my go-to for several years now. The flavour range is genuinely good. Currently working through pistachio ice cream — 25mg protein per scoop, 147 cals.
 
Plenty of these have passed through my kitchen. Two stand out: beef isolate and egg white — equip prime protein and asked egg specifically. I blend the two together. Could not be happier with them: effortless digestion and a strong amino profile. Transparent Labs grass fed beef iso is excellent as well.

The catch is that egg white foams up if you shake it too hard. Put it in a blender and it turns undrinkable — nothing but froth.
 
The Optimum Nutrition gold standard powder at Costco is my buy. It runs $5.64 per lb; right now that is $75, though about 6 months back I was picking it up on sale around $55/lb. At today's price, any sale is likely to land near $65. Value-wise it is arguably the best of the better-than-decent proteins. Costco only stocks 2 flavours, but the vanilla ice cream is really good. They mix cleanly and work in anything.
 
latviantower said:

Fairlife chocolate it is, then — the consensus here is clear and I am with it. For a proper treat, stir in a few tablespoons of chocolate pudding mix (sugar free or regular, take your pick), freeze it overnight, then run it through a Ninja Creami. The result drinks like a thicker version of Dairy Queen soft serve, or a Wendy's Frosty.

Every few months Costco runs a manufacturer's rebate on the 18 packs, and that is when I stock up — the price falls from $40 to $32-34.
I have been doing something similar with the Fairlife Chocolate Milk — sugar free pudding mix, a scoop of protein powder and a little cocoa powder. Total chocoholic here. I will try it with the shake next. Thanks for the tip!
 
Just be careful with this one. Most plant-based protein shakes are heavy on oxalate, which is not ideal if you have kidney issues.
 
Macro Mike, in 2 words. Nothing I have tasted comes close. They come in Peanuts, Almonds (my pick), or pea, with a huge range of flavours. A total game changer for me, since everything else had me gagging on it.
 
My method is trawling Amazon for high-protein shakes on discount — dairy and ultrafiltered where possible. I sign up for a subscription, and the moment it arrives I cancel it lol.
 
Back
Top