Customs troubles

Randyfrog90

Explorer
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Baxter Tennessee
A bit of context first: my very first grey order went through a little over a month ago, and since customs seized it, my seller issued a refund. At this point I've stopped expecting it to arrive.

I get that this isn't necessarily the norm, but because my first order was held up by customs, I've got some questions for people with more experience.

Q1). How frequently do customs problems come up? Is it just me having bad luck?

Q2). Would setting up a peptide research company give me a better chance of importing things into the US from overseas? Would a company actually make any difference?

Q3). Should I simply locate a reliable US warehouse and order from there? Ideally that's what I'd like to do, but every stateside warehouse appears to be completely out of stock at the moment..
 
For the US, things are definitely simpler, and provided you've got a handful of vendors you have confidence in, the main peptides can typically be located in stock within 1 to 2 weeks. Should you be after something that isn't as popular, the wait might be longer, or you may need to go with China. That's the option I lean toward. I've placed orders from China before, but at this stage I'd sooner hold out a little for stock to come in and spend a bit extra than put up with China shipping.

In the past, the customs seizure rate has been fairly low, though from what people report it appears to be creeping upward somewhat. In my view the odds are decent that yours makes it through, but there's no way to be sure. It likely won't go off without a hitch, though. If you don't mind paying more, express shipping appears to come with fewer problems.
 
My package arrived today. 12 days total. The slow part was China customs. After it reached the states, it went from clearance to my door in 48 hours. This was my 1st order.
 
1. Recently this has been happening frequently, to the point where many US warehouses are having a hard time replenishing inventory.

2. No, doing that only raises your legal exposure!

3. Yes, definitely. Shipping is cheaper and pep prices are generally quite close (I mean CN vendors operating US warehouses compared with actual US resellers).
 
Since last fall I've made 5 purchases. 2 are still on the way, while 3 have come through. To Kansas, my typical delivery window has worked out to 11 days. My original vendor supplied 4 out of those 5, and the remaining 1 came from a different vendor offering a strong Tirz price for my stockpile. I have confidence in how my original vendor ships, so should anything go wrong with the new one, I'll simply stay with the option I already know.
 
My first order went in on April 15, and it arrived on April 29th. The tracking numbers stayed unchanged right up until the moment it went out for delivery. I began to feel anxious, but luckily it did turn up.
 
OP - I went through the exact same situation!

Customs grabbed my initial pepper purchase from China. The vendor gave me my money back - so no harm done apart from losing a whole month to waiting.

For my second attempt I went with another China-based seller, and it reached the US in 12 days.
 
Up here in the country to your north, I've been noticing a growing number of my usual packages arriving cut open just like this. Fingers crossed my peps make it through. This one was simply a genuine vision supplement shipped by a US company, with the label stating precisely what it contained. 🤞





7b182a45ed4b11949881cb3f48003cade4bc89e3a0675ea4e1dd4458746624c8.webp
 
Randyfrog90 said:

A bit of context first: my very first grey order went through a little over a month ago, and since customs seized it, my seller issued a refund. At this point I've stopped expecting it to arrive.

I get that this isn't necessarily the norm, but because my first order was held up by customs, I've got some questions for people with more experience.

Q1). How frequently do customs problems come up? Is it just me having bad luck?

Q2). Would setting up a peptide research company give me a better chance of importing things into the US from overseas? Would a company actually make any difference?

Q3). Should I simply locate a reliable US warehouse and order from there? Ideally that's what I'd like to do, but every stateside warehouse appears to be completely out of stock at the moment..
Bad luck, I'd say. Over the last 2.5 years, roughly 25 packages have come to me from overseas, and customs never gave me a problem. Every single one cleared on the first attempt. Peptides shipped from china accounted for half of them, while the other half was Indian pharma coming from India or UAE.

Pricing at the US warehouses run by Chinese vendors can be quite good, though I share your view that stock has been thin recently.
 
Fordhayes said:

Randyfrog90 said:

A bit of context first: my very first grey order went through a little over a month ago, and since customs seized it, my seller issued a refund. At this point I've stopped expecting it to arrive.

I get that this isn't necessarily the norm, but because my first order was held up by customs, I've got some questions for people with more experience.

Q1). How frequently do customs problems come up? Is it just me having bad luck?

Q2). Would setting up a peptide research company give me a better chance of importing things into the US from overseas? Would a company actually make any difference?

Q3). Should I simply locate a reliable US warehouse and order from there? Ideally that's what I'd like to do, but every stateside warehouse appears to be completely out of stock at the moment..
Bad luck, I'd say. Over the last 2.5 years, roughly 25 packages have come to me from overseas, and customs never gave me a problem. Every single one cleared on the first attempt. Peptides shipped from china accounted for half of them, while the other half was Indian pharma coming from India or UAE.

Pricing at the US warehouses run by Chinese vendors can be quite good, though I share your view that stock has been thin recently.
Lately I've noticed a handful of "vendors" appearing on Facebook, which is honestly the last place I'd expect. Their prices look decent, so I'd love to start a thread asking whether anyone here has dealt with them before.

The problem is that I'm still bound by the "no source discussion" restriction, and breaking the rules is the last thing I want to do—I really value being part of this community.
 
Randyfrog90 said:

Fordhayes said:

Randyfrog90 said:

A bit of context first: my very first grey order went through a little over a month ago, and since customs seized it, my seller issued a refund. At this point I've stopped expecting it to arrive.

I get that this isn't necessarily the norm, but because my first order was held up by customs, I've got some questions for people with more experience.

Q1). How frequently do customs problems come up? Is it just me having bad luck?

Q2). Would setting up a peptide research company give me a better chance of importing things into the US from overseas? Would a company actually make any difference?

Q3). Should I simply locate a reliable US warehouse and order from there? Ideally that's what I'd like to do, but every stateside warehouse appears to be completely out of stock at the moment..
Bad luck, I'd say. Over the last 2.5 years, roughly 25 packages have come to me from overseas, and customs never gave me a problem. Every single one cleared on the first attempt. Peptides shipped from china accounted for half of them, while the other half was Indian pharma coming from India or UAE.

Pricing at the US warehouses run by Chinese vendors can be quite good, though I share your view that stock has been thin recently.
Lately I've noticed a handful of "vendors" appearing on Facebook, which is honestly the last place I'd expect. Their prices look decent, so I'd love to start a thread asking whether anyone here has dealt with them before.

The problem is that I'm still bound by the "no source discussion" restriction, and breaking the rules is the last thing I want to do—I really value being part of this community.
Personally, I wouldn't put much faith in those random Facebook sellers.
 
BNLFL said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Fordhayes said:

Randyfrog90 said:

A bit of context first: my very first grey order went through a little over a month ago, and since customs seized it, my seller issued a refund. At this point I've stopped expecting it to arrive.

I get that this isn't necessarily the norm, but because my first order was held up by customs, I've got some questions for people with more experience.

Q1). How frequently do customs problems come up? Is it just me having bad luck?

Q2). Would setting up a peptide research company give me a better chance of importing things into the US from overseas? Would a company actually make any difference?

Q3). Should I simply locate a reliable US warehouse and order from there? Ideally that's what I'd like to do, but every stateside warehouse appears to be completely out of stock at the moment..
Bad luck, I'd say. Over the last 2.5 years, roughly 25 packages have come to me from overseas, and customs never gave me a problem. Every single one cleared on the first attempt. Peptides shipped from china accounted for half of them, while the other half was Indian pharma coming from India or UAE.

Pricing at the US warehouses run by Chinese vendors can be quite good, though I share your view that stock has been thin recently.
Lately I've noticed a handful of "vendors" appearing on Facebook, which is honestly the last place I'd expect. Their prices look decent, so I'd love to start a thread asking whether anyone here has dealt with them before.

The problem is that I'm still bound by the "no source discussion" restriction, and breaking the rules is the last thing I want to do—I really value being part of this community.
Personally, I wouldn't put much faith in those random Facebook sellers.
Also, many of them made their first post around April, which is suspicious as well
 
Over the past 2 months, 2 shipments from China arrived for me without any problems, each taking roughly 10-12 days. On April 24th I placed yet another order with a vendor I've bought from before, and the shipping label came through on the 27th. So far there's no sign of it reaching the US transfer point. When I contacted the vendor, they told me customs is inspecting it, and it will be a few days before they find out if it gets seized. According to the vendor, they paid extra to push it through customs — whether that actually works out for them remains to be seen.
 
Back
Top