Devilseye said:
adbh said:
Devilseye said:
adbh said:
Wondering if others commonly hit a wall with RETA once they've spent a year on TIRZ. TIRZ at low doses worked well for me, and I made the personal choice to move over to RT. I'm raising the dose little by little, but what I'm seeing doesn't match what I expected. I've got exercise and protein covered. That said, right now I'm only at 4 mg (a 7 month climb). A lot of us, from what I read, are dropping more fat while still on lower doses. Lately I added Mot C and TESA into the mix to target the visceral part. Any tips or advice would be welcome?
Where you begin with obesity and your target amount of weight loss make all the difference. According to clinical data, losing more than 20% of body weight happens only when doses reach the clinical range of 8-12mg, never below that. Tesa works well against visceral fat, yet it falls short for total weight reduction. For overall weight loss, reta remains the better choice. Climbing to 4mg over 7 months is also far too gradual. Increase the dose faster! You will notice a difference.
Cheers!
Appreciate the feedback. TZ was started when I weighed 135 kg, and I brought that down to 110. After moving over to RT, the most I've managed is 15 kg lost across 7 months. Should I increase by 0.5 mg /1mg every 14 days? Planning to stay on the Tesa for another 3 months. There's still 20 kg left to shed. Hoping to reach that by december.
For reta, the usual titration goes 2/4/8/10/12mg, with each step up happening roughly every 3 weeks. That means 0.5mg every 2 weeks is on the slow side, and 1mg is close to the standard pace but still slow.
Your aim is dropping 20kg across 4 months, which works out to roughly 5kg each month. In my opinion, you'd have to increase the dose much more aggressively and quickly. Since 8mg tends to be where reta works best, I'd at least aim to reach that level. Wanting to shed another 15% of your starting bodyweight after already losing a lot is a tall order. Getting past 30% is really only likely for a large portion of people at 12mg of reta. That doesn't mean 8mg can't get you there, just that the odds are lower.
As others have mentioned, I'd save tesa for the end, once you've hit your target weight or are close to it. It won't produce major weight loss, and it's mainly a tool for targeting stubborn visceral fat.
Hope this helps!