Crystallization in NAD+ vials?

Kirbyzx6

Explorer
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles ca
Has anyone else seen their 10 ml NAD+ vial develop crystals down at the bottom? I reconstituted it using 5 ML of Hospira; the first vial sat fine for 10 days in a printed case in the fridge, and then crystals appeared. I put together a fresh one on Friday and it's already showing the same crystallization at the bottom. Still waiting on the test report from Vivid.
 
Kirbyzx6 said:

Has anyone else seen their 10 ml NAD+ vial develop crystals down at the bottom? I reconstituted it using 5 ML of Hospira; the first vial sat fine for 10 days in a printed case in the fridge, and then crystals appeared. I put together a fresh one on Friday and it's already showing the same crystallization at the bottom. Still waiting on the test report from Vivid.
This has occurred to me one time previously (3ml/500mg). Somewhere I came across the explanation that it results from over saturation, and that adding extra bac is the fix. But after that, I diluted NAD from another vendor using less bac (5ml/1000mg), and no crystallization happened. So whether the over saturation theory holds up, I can't say.
 
Kirbyzx6 said:

Has anyone else seen their 10 ml NAD+ vial develop crystals down at the bottom? I reconstituted it using 5 ML of Hospira; the first vial sat fine for 10 days in a printed case in the fridge, and then crystals appeared. I put together a fresh one on Friday and it's already showing the same crystallization at the bottom. Still waiting on the test report from Vivid.
I ran into the same thing once. What I did was just swirl the vial around until the crystals dissolved again. If it keeps happening, I'd be more suspicious of your BAC than the NAD+ itself.
 
I've reconstituted other peptides with the same bac water and never had a single problem. For the second NAD vial, I even cracked open a fresh Hospira.
 
Just got this from “Utha”. Sterility testing is still pending. When it arrived, 12 of the 20 vials had already crystallized. What would make that happen? I normally purchase from “PBG” and store it in the fridge both before and after reconstituting, so I’m puzzled
 
Relieved to hear I'm not alone in this. From ln, the advice was to go with their ba3 rather than hospira. In the most recent vial I bumped the hospira up from 5ML to 7.5 ml, wish me luck
 
Loveandpeaceandjoy said:

Just got this from “Utha”. Sterility testing is still pending. When it arrived, 12 of the 20 vials had already crystallized. What would make that happen? I normally purchase from “PBG” and store it in the fridge both before and after reconstituting, so I’m puzzled
UPDATE: The sterility test came back fine, and the vendor sent new kits to replace them. The reason it crystallized remains unclear, so 🗑️
 
Back
Top