Could use guidance and/or clarity on this

BaileeRyce

Explorer
Joined
Dec 29, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
I have a 30mg vial of Tirz and I'm aiming for a 5 mg dose. I mixed it with 1.5 ml BAC, which should give 25 units on a 1ml syringe, and by my count that's 6 doses—but I only end up with 4.

When I filter (.22μm PES 4mm), I draw slightly extra water, yet somehow I'm still short. Losing 2 full doses seems like way too much. Does filtering mean I should be using more BAC?

Any input would be appreciated 🙂
 
The numbers you laid out do add up, and as far as I can tell the result lines up with what should happen....roughly 7 units get soaked up by the 4mm PES filter each time you filter. With 4 doses at 28 plus whatever dead space you leave when drawing? I can picture 2 slipping away there. Using 2mL BAC would bring you nearer to the amount you were counting on.
 
To figure out why you're losing so much, you'd have to provide additional information.

What's the diameter of your filter? Between 15u and 28u can be retained by a 13mm filter.

For bac water and filtration, I rely on 3ml and 5ml bulk syringes. Their accuracy is lower, and a few units of liquid stay trapped inside the syringe itself.

When filtering small volumes, my typical loss is around 10%. I try to push some bac water into the new filter first. With my 3ml+ syringe during recon filtration, I ensure there's plenty of air, so at the end I force air through the filter to squeeze out a few cc. Also, for glp I always use 40u+ per dose, and 50u for ghk, mots, to keep filtration losses and isr down.
 
DjJoshua said:

This video might shed some light on losses and the amount that can be lost during filtering. I hope it's useful for that aspect.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EHHXTdlYCw

That clip did a fantastic job breaking things down and walking through it visually!

I'd come across mentions of the "loss" before, but until now I'd never actually watched it get shown.

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it!
 
Back
Top