Could Cold Storage Skew Testing Results?

Mr. B

Explorer
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston
I picked up a Tirz kit and I'm planning to have it tested. My concern is whether putting the pucks/vials in the fridge prior to shipping 1 vial off might damage it or lead to problems with the testing. Alternatively, maybe I ought to just leave the kit somewhere dark and cool until I've sent the vial out.

Thanks
 
I'd expect no problem at all. Once you reconstitute it the vial sits at room temperature anyway, and it is back to room temp every time you draw a dose.
 
Mr. B said:

I picked up a Tirz kit and I'm planning to have it tested. My concern is whether putting the pucks/vials in the fridge prior to shipping 1 vial off might damage it or lead to problems with the testing. Alternatively, maybe I ought to just leave the kit somewhere dark and cool until I've sent the vial out.

Thanks

This makes no difference whatsoever, no matter how you look at it.

Just don't stick it in the oven or microwave.
 
If you take Peter @ Janoshik at his word, you could just stick the vials in the garage for 10 years, send them off for testing... everything ought to come back fine... then reconstitute and pin.

Jokes aside, I've participated in and run quite a few testing groups, and in this most recent one, somebody asked me for the first time how to store a vial before shipping it to Jano. My answer was either a cool, dry spot or the freezer. Warm conditions seem like something to steer clear of, while the opposite is probably fine. The concern is degradation skewing the test results, and warm conditions make degradation more likely.

On the fridge question: for my own peptides, I usually leave them in a cabinet for a few days, then label them and move them to the freezer. To be clear, plenty of vials I'd previously frozen have been sent for testing, and every one came back okay.
 
Grogu said:

If you take Peter @ Janoshik at his word, you could just stick the vials in the garage for 10 years, send them off for testing... everything ought to come back fine... then reconstitute and pin.

Jokes aside, I've participated in and run quite a few testing groups, and in this most recent one, somebody asked me for the first time how to store a vial before shipping it to Jano. My answer was either a cool, dry spot or the freezer. Warm conditions seem like something to steer clear of, while the opposite is probably fine. The concern is degradation skewing the test results, and warm conditions make degradation more likely.

On the fridge question: for my own peptides, I usually leave them in a cabinet for a few days, then label them and move them to the freezer. To be clear, plenty of vials I'd previously frozen have been sent for testing, and every one came back okay.
I agree—labeling is much simpler when everything stays at room temperature, rather than pulling vials from the freezer and trying to label them.
 
Grogu said:

If you take Peter @ Janoshik at his word, you could just stick the vials in the garage for 10 years, send them off for testing... everything ought to come back fine... then reconstitute and pin.

Jokes aside, I've participated in and run quite a few testing groups, and in this most recent one, somebody asked me for the first time how to store a vial before shipping it to Jano. My answer was either a cool, dry spot or the freezer. Warm conditions seem like something to steer clear of, while the opposite is probably fine. The concern is degradation skewing the test results, and warm conditions make degradation more likely.

On the fridge question: for my own peptides, I usually leave them in a cabinet for a few days, then label them and move them to the freezer. To be clear, plenty of vials I'd previously frozen have been sent for testing, and every one came back okay.
That's reassuring.
 
Back
Top