Correcting a Reconstitution Mistake After Mixing

rpadevman

Explorer
Joined
May 22, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, FL
So I slipped up a bit. I mixed everything according to the recon protocol, and I even ran it through a filter. My plan was 10mg of Reta in 1mL BAC. But when I was about to print the label, I noticed I had grabbed one of my 30mg vials by accident. Good thing I caught it before injecting. Now, besides the roughly 30 days I have to finish it (luckily my gf and I split it), which is better: keep it as is (meaning I'd pin 1/3 of my normal dose), or toss in another 2ml of BAC? Or is there no real difference?
 
What amounts is everyone pinning...at 30mg/ml, is the draw volume still practical?...I'm hardly an authority on this stuff, but even if it isn't ideal, I'd go ahead and add extra....That said, I'd verify the procedure numbers two or three times over so the same slip doesn't happen again....Good luck!...
 
Makes no real difference. The only downside is that measuring doses becomes a bit trickier with 1ml. Assuming the two of you finish it within a month, I'd estimate you're taking about 4mg. At 4mg, drawing from a 1ml vial isn't too troublesome. Drawing 1mg would be a lot more difficult, though. On a 1ml syringe, pulling 3 units is harder than pulling 12 units. So if your doses are on the lower side, I'd suggest adding more BAC. In short: for 3mg or above, just go with it; below 3mg, add more.

Also, using it beyond that is perfectly fine. Plenty of people consider 60 acceptable, and some would push it even further.
 
Yeah, right now the dose is lower—we've stuck with 2mg, though after this much time we may bump it to 4. Appreciate the idea😊
 
At 2mg per pin, a 30mg/ml solution works out to 6.67iu. For 4mg, it lands at 13.33. My move would be to put another 0.5ml into the vial, so 2/4mg means drawing 10 or 20iu. Drawing is simply less of a hassle that way.

Adding 2ml instead would give you 20/40ius (2/4mg), and that is still acceptable. But if there is a chance you'll bump the dose again before that vial runs out, I'd stay with the extra 0.5ml so the injection volume stays lower when the dose goes up.
 
rpadevman said:

So I slipped up a bit. I mixed everything according to the recon protocol, and I even ran it through a filter. My plan was 10mg of Reta in 1mL BAC. But when I was about to print the label, I noticed I had grabbed one of my 30mg vials by accident. Good thing I caught it before injecting. Now, besides the roughly 30 days I have to finish it (luckily my gf and I split it), which is better: keep it as is (meaning I'd pin 1/3 of my normal dose), or toss in another 2ml of BAC? Or is there no real difference?
8 weeks works fine for me.
 
BNLFL said:

rpadevman said:

So I slipped up a bit. I mixed everything according to the recon protocol, and I even ran it through a filter. My plan was 10mg of Reta in 1mL BAC. But when I was about to print the label, I noticed I had grabbed one of my 30mg vials by accident. Good thing I caught it before injecting. Now, besides the roughly 30 days I have to finish it (luckily my gf and I split it), which is better: keep it as is (meaning I'd pin 1/3 of my normal dose), or toss in another 2ml of BAC? Or is there no real difference?
8 weeks works fine for me.
Appreciate it — I was thinking about making it last a bit longer, provided it remains clear.
 
I have also gone as far as using older vials for as long as 10 weeks. The only steps I take are to clean the stopper before and after, and store it in the refrigerator's main area rather than on the door.
 
Back
Top