Coping with adverse effects

kenadams said:

Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
When did you begin? It probably takes a while for your system to adjust, so consider staying at the smaller amount for another 2 weeks before attempting to move back up to 1

Be sure you're getting enough food and protein, treat the medication as training wheels for forming solid routines, and anticipate that side effects will come with every dose increase

Wishing you success, you can do it
 
Hi everyone. I've been having really bad diarrhea. Even after I tried splitting up my dose, the diarrhea sticks around for the entire week, and it's messing with my sleep. I was hoping some of you could give me some suggestions. Please help. Thanks.
 
RaisingParrot6909 said:

Hi everyone. I've been having really bad diarrhea. Even after I tried splitting up my dose, the diarrhea sticks around for the entire week, and it's messing with my sleep. I was hoping some of you could give me some suggestions. Please help. Thanks.
Could you share your dosage and how long you've been on it? Generally speaking, the recommendation is to lower the amount.
 
mrblu said:

Hi everyone

I've really enjoyed every moment I've spent in this community, picking up new knowledge daily, and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have discovered this space and reta

That said, it feels like I only just got on the struggle bus very recently

Not long ago I bumped my dosage up from 1 to 2 mg, and over the last few days I've shifted from feeling amazing the way I did at 1 mg to simply meh

What I can only call brain fog is present + I'm finding it hard to care about anything

At the same time I battle daytime fatigue (you know, when there are important tasks like work to handle) and yet I'm completely wired at night when it's actually time for bed

So my whole point is - how much of this is temporary + will fade as my body gets used to the new dose, and how much should I count on sticking around? I'm aware others mention these sides, so I'm fairly sure about the reason, I just don't know the timeline I should anticipate or what steps I could take about them

Even so, I'm determined to stick with it, since I have a baby on the way and for the first time ever I can actually maintain eating and exercise habits that are far healthier for me without it feeling like a battle

I'm deliberately ensuring I consume enough food daily while keeping a caloric deficit (1500-1800 per day versus 2000 for maintenance), I load up on protein and creatine early in the day, and overall I think I'm doing a pretty good job, but yeah I just wish I could lie down and hibernate for the coming week 😅

Same situation here, man — I recently changed from injecting every day to injecting two times per week, keeping the dose the same.

At first I was pinning every other day, then I moved to daily. I was feeling really good, but hunger wasn't being suppressed much at all, so over the past weekend I made the change.

I completely get what you're saying about struggling to care about anything.

It's going to ease up eventually, and you ought to remind yourself of that. Even so, it's rough. I've been checking out MOTS-C as something that might give me more energy.

NMN is already part of my routine and it does help, so maybe look into NAD or NAD precursors as an option.

Best of luck!
 
Reta has left me somewhat tired, though it hasn't been severe. What's really bothering me is cramping in my abdomen along with constipation. At times it feels as though the Hulk has punched me in the gut 🙂

My diet is healthy and nutritious, I include a good variety of fibre sources, I drink plenty of water, and my exercise is being increased step by step — yet none of it has made a difference so far. I've lost 25kg and I'm really pleased with that progress, but I need to get pooping 🙁 Ideally I'd sort this out through diet and nutrition, but I suspect medication is coming my way. Having been a chubster for a long time, pooping was never something I struggled with
 
BNLFL said:

For MOST people, the majority of this fades away.
Same here.

My situation went the other way — I had to tweak what I ate just to keep my digestion moving.

From what I've seen, plenty of people run into stomach trouble when they eat fried or spicy meals, since digestion has slowed way down.

If a new user asked me what to do, I'd suggest sticking to clean eating for roughly the first week following any dose change, and doing your best to ride out the symptoms.

You could give the BRAT diet a shot

The BRAT diet—short for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast—is a temporary way of eating meant to calm a queasy stomach, reduce nausea, and control diarrhea. The foods involved are mild, contain little fiber, and go down easily. [1, 2, 3, 4]

What each part does

When the digestive system is struggling, every item in the BRAT diet has its own job: [1]

    • Bananas: They help restore potassium that diarrhea or vomiting strips away, and they're gentle on the stomach lining.
    • Rice: Plain white rice binds things together, digests without much effort, and gives loose stools more bulk.
    • Applesauce: It supplies pectin, a soluble fiber that soaks up extra water and helps bowel movements firm up.
    • Toast: Plain white toast delivers carbohydrates that are simple to digest, offering fast energy without aggravating the digestive tract. [1, 2, 3]
 
mrblu said:

kenadams said:

Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
When did you begin? It probably takes a while for your system to adjust, so consider staying at the smaller amount for another 2 weeks before attempting to move back up to 1

Be sure you're getting enough food and protein, treat the medication as training wheels for forming solid routines, and anticipate that side effects will come with every dose increase

Wishing you success, you can do it
I've been on it for 4 weeks now, and around week 3 is when I began to notice the effects, so perhaps my body simply needs a longer period to get used to it.

week 1 - .5

week 2 - .75

week 3 - 1mg

week 4 - .75
 
kenadams said:

mrblu said:

kenadams said:

Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
When did you begin? It probably takes a while for your system to adjust, so consider staying at the smaller amount for another 2 weeks before attempting to move back up to 1

Be sure you're getting enough food and protein, treat the medication as training wheels for forming solid routines, and anticipate that side effects will come with every dose increase

Wishing you success, you can do it
I've been on it for 4 weeks now, and around week 3 is when I began to notice the effects, so perhaps my body simply needs a longer period to get used to it.

week 1 - .5

week 2 - .75

week 3 - 1mg

week 4 - .75
Nope — hold that same dose for 4 weeks so it accumulates in your body, and only after that increase it. The amounts you're using are quite small.

mrblu said:

kenadams said:

Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
When did you begin? It probably takes a while for your system to adjust, so consider staying at the smaller amount for another 2 weeks before attempting to move back up to 1

Be sure you're getting enough food and protein, treat the medication as training wheels for forming solid routines, and anticipate that side effects will come with every dose increase

Wishing you success, you can do it
Rather than going down, follow the approach I described, and the starting point ought to be no less than 1mg. Doses that tiny won't accomplish much.
 
BNLFL said:

kenadams said:

mrblu said:

kenadams said:

Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
When did you begin? It probably takes a while for your system to adjust, so consider staying at the smaller amount for another 2 weeks before attempting to move back up to 1

Be sure you're getting enough food and protein, treat the medication as training wheels for forming solid routines, and anticipate that side effects will come with every dose increase

Wishing you success, you can do it
I've been on it for 4 weeks now, and around week 3 is when I began to notice the effects, so perhaps my body simply needs a longer period to get used to it.

week 1 - .5

week 2 - .75

week 3 - 1mg

week 4 - .75
Nope — hold that same dose for 4 weeks so it accumulates in your body, and only after that increase it. The amounts you're using are quite small.

mrblu said:

kenadams said:

Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
When did you begin? It probably takes a while for your system to adjust, so consider staying at the smaller amount for another 2 weeks before attempting to move back up to 1

Be sure you're getting enough food and protein, treat the medication as training wheels for forming solid routines, and anticipate that side effects will come with every dose increase

Wishing you success, you can do it
Rather than going down, follow the approach I described, and the starting point ought to be no less than 1mg. Doses that tiny won't accomplish much.
Yeah, I figured maybe the dose jump he got was pretty aggressive

1mg is a perfectly solid dose to begin with
 
mrblu said:

BNLFL said:

kenadams said:

mrblu said:

kenadams said:

Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
When did you begin? It probably takes a while for your system to adjust, so consider staying at the smaller amount for another 2 weeks before attempting to move back up to 1

Be sure you're getting enough food and protein, treat the medication as training wheels for forming solid routines, and anticipate that side effects will come with every dose increase

Wishing you success, you can do it
I've been on it for 4 weeks now, and around week 3 is when I began to notice the effects, so perhaps my body simply needs a longer period to get used to it.

week 1 - .5

week 2 - .75

week 3 - 1mg

week 4 - .75
Nope — hold that same dose for 4 weeks so it accumulates in your body, and only after that increase it. The amounts you're using are quite small.

mrblu said:

kenadams said:

Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
When did you begin? It probably takes a while for your system to adjust, so consider staying at the smaller amount for another 2 weeks before attempting to move back up to 1

Be sure you're getting enough food and protein, treat the medication as training wheels for forming solid routines, and anticipate that side effects will come with every dose increase

Wishing you success, you can do it
Rather than going down, follow the approach I described, and the starting point ought to be no less than 1mg. Doses that tiny won't accomplish much.
Yeah, I figured maybe the dose jump he got was pretty aggressive

1mg is a perfectly solid dose to begin with
Certain people probably handle it without issue.
 
I don't have any suggestions, but I'm wishing you a speedy recovery and congratulations on your little one!!!! Oh my goodness, I miss those times
 
bamagirl26 said:

I don't have any suggestions, but I'm wishing you a speedy recovery and congratulations on your little one!!!! Oh my goodness, I miss those times
Thanks 🙂 my life is on the verge of changing incredibly quickly... it still hasn't sunk in!

A few days out from my 2nd 2mg dose and I'm feeling totally fine

Putting this down as one more data point for anyone who might go through something similar

BNLFL said:

mrblu said:

BNLFL said:

kenadams said:

mrblu said:

kenadams said:

Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
When did you begin? It probably takes a while for your system to adjust, so consider staying at the smaller amount for another 2 weeks before attempting to move back up to 1

Be sure you're getting enough food and protein, treat the medication as training wheels for forming solid routines, and anticipate that side effects will come with every dose increase

Wishing you success, you can do it
I've been on it for 4 weeks now, and around week 3 is when I began to notice the effects, so perhaps my body simply needs a longer period to get used to it.

week 1 - .5

week 2 - .75

week 3 - 1mg

week 4 - .75
Nope — hold that same dose for 4 weeks so it accumulates in your body, and only after that increase it. The amounts you're using are quite small.

mrblu said:

kenadams said:

Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
When did you begin? It probably takes a while for your system to adjust, so consider staying at the smaller amount for another 2 weeks before attempting to move back up to 1

Be sure you're getting enough food and protein, treat the medication as training wheels for forming solid routines, and anticipate that side effects will come with every dose increase

Wishing you success, you can do it
Rather than going down, follow the approach I described, and the starting point ought to be no less than 1mg. Doses that tiny won't accomplish much.
Yeah, I figured maybe the dose jump he got was pretty aggressive

1mg is a perfectly solid dose to begin with
Certain people probably handle it without issue.
You choose your words carefully, which is exactly how it should be done

1mg is probably okay 🙂

Super responders and people like that can't be ruled out
 
Back
Top