Coping with adverse effects

mrblu

Explorer
Joined
Jul 10, 2026
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Hi everyone

I've really enjoyed every moment I've spent in this community, picking up new knowledge daily, and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have discovered this space and reta

That said, it feels like I only just got on the struggle bus very recently

Not long ago I bumped my dosage up from 1 to 2 mg, and over the last few days I've shifted from feeling amazing the way I did at 1 mg to simply meh

What I can only call brain fog is present + I'm finding it hard to care about anything

At the same time I battle daytime fatigue (you know, when there are important tasks like work to handle) and yet I'm completely wired at night when it's actually time for bed

So my whole point is - how much of this is temporary + will fade as my body gets used to the new dose, and how much should I count on sticking around? I'm aware others mention these sides, so I'm fairly sure about the reason, I just don't know the timeline I should anticipate or what steps I could take about them

Even so, I'm determined to stick with it, since I have a baby on the way and for the first time ever I can actually maintain eating and exercise habits that are far healthier for me without it feeling like a battle

I'm deliberately ensuring I consume enough food daily while keeping a caloric deficit (1500-1800 per day versus 2000 for maintenance), I load up on protein and creatine early in the day, and overall I think I'm doing a pretty good job, but yeah I just wish I could lie down and hibernate for the coming week 😅
 
Hey there and welcome!

First off, huge congrats on your first...you think you're exhausted now???? lol

My background is with Tirz, and honestly, for the first couple of months I survived on energy drinks. The tiredness was relentless. I'm closing in on 16 weeks and that constant exhaustion has eased up for me. That said, I do notice that for the first few days after I raise my dose, that sluggishness returns, though it only lasts a couple of days. For me, it did fade.

A few things worth trying that might help: electrolytes, staying properly hydrated, and getting enough protein. Some people find electrolytes help with the fatigue and make a point of having them on shot day, both before and after. HYDRATE like it's your second job lol, it's a pain but absolutely necessary. Protein matters too, so be sure you're getting enough within the calories you consume. I'd say a high protein diet is essential on a GLP.

That's about all I've got lol. As I mentioned, I'm hooked on caffeine and have always taken in a lot, so I'd always have a coffee or a Celsius or Alani to fight it and would still yawn while drinking it lol.
 
Mix it using Brawndo. « It's got electrolytes! »

Stay hydrated with water, just don't drink it out of the toilet.

Get more electrolytes in.

Have your blood pressure checked. Low blood pressure is often seen with Reta.

Within 4-5 weeks, most of the irritating side effects faded.

To reduce tiredness, I use SS31, Mots-c, and 5AMQ in particular. How well they work depends on age, weight, and general health (The more health problems you have, the more effective it is). You can find lots of testimonials by searching the forum.
 
For me, protein shakes go down easier than solid meals. They're simpler on the stomach, and I don't get that energy crash afterward. Egg white protein is what sits best with me.
 
mrblu said:

Hi everyone

I've really enjoyed every moment I've spent in this community, picking up new knowledge daily, and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have discovered this space and reta

That said, it feels like I only just got on the struggle bus very recently

Not long ago I bumped my dosage up from 1 to 2 mg, and over the last few days I've shifted from feeling amazing the way I did at 1 mg to simply meh

What I can only call brain fog is present + I'm finding it hard to care about anything

At the same time I battle daytime fatigue (you know, when there are important tasks like work to handle) and yet I'm completely wired at night when it's actually time for bed

So my whole point is - how much of this is temporary + will fade as my body gets used to the new dose, and how much should I count on sticking around? I'm aware others mention these sides, so I'm fairly sure about the reason, I just don't know the timeline I should anticipate or what steps I could take about them

Even so, I'm determined to stick with it, since I have a baby on the way and for the first time ever I can actually maintain eating and exercise habits that are far healthier for me without it feeling like a battle

I'm deliberately ensuring I consume enough food daily while keeping a caloric deficit (1500-1800 per day versus 2000 for maintenance), I load up on protein and creatine early in the day, and overall I think I'm doing a pretty good job, but yeah I just wish I could lie down and hibernate for the coming week 😅
Extremely common. Get familiar with the term anhedonia.

Here are a few live threads to get you going --




Reta and mental health in particular



Hey fellow peps, flatness, tiredness, exhaustion, extreeme fatigue, very dry skin and a general sense of emptiness are all on the rise for me. Therapy and doctors etc are involved, but this has ramped up while on reta — sema came earlier with no trouble at all. Wondering whether anyone has any...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com




Anhedonia... and a whole lot of honesty.



down nearly 120 pounds, with another 20 still to go. 8mg tirz plus 8mg reta, dosed split every four days. Tesa 2mg runs 5 on 2 off. Superpower labs from my end should land by the 20th; Talon Online Healthcare is who I signed with. The reason: test results in the morning have twice this year come back in the low 200's, and I suspect it...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com

After that, plenty more in the same vein turn up if you search a few keywords — sleep, motivation, brain fog, fatigue, tired.
 
Could it be that you're taking in too much food right at the start of the day? What if you shifted things around—smaller amounts in the morning, then a bigger share later on?
 
Mochizuki0124 said:

Could it be that you're taking in too much food right at the start of the day? What if you shifted things around—smaller amounts in the morning, then a bigger share later on?
At the beginning, food was only tolerable for me during the morning hours, while by evening I had no appetite whatsoever. Even just thinking about eating turned my stomach.
 
When fatigue is the issue, what worked in my case nutritionally—apart from electrolytes—was starch and carbs rather than piling on more protein. Glucose is what the brain thrives on. Nootropics are another option.
 
Over in the thread started by @Gr33dyOctopus, which is linked above, I left a comment just now. None of those showed up for me at the beginning, yet at some point further back they did appear. I simply lacked energy and had no desire to do much of anything. Then it sort of faded on its own, and these days I'm getting plenty done around this place. Even so, I do feel fatigued and run down, if that comes across clearly. Regarding carbs, I'm with you, since my food intake was low and carbs especially so. Electrolytes were something I kept drinking, and I still do.
 
Above all, Reta shouldn't be treated like a sprint. My rule would be to bump the dose only after two weeks with no weight loss at all. And any time you do bump it, keep the step to just .5mg. Doing it that way should soften what you're going through right now.

Congrats on the little one! A child will reshape your life in a good way. There's nothing on earth that beats being a parent.
 
At 1mg, what was your duration? And at 2mg, how long have you been now? When I moved from eating without restriction to roughly 1000 calories, I went through a stretch of tiredness that lingered as I adjusted.
 
If daytime fatigue hits, I reach for extra carbs. Sweet potatoes top my list. On the Anhedonia front: it may fade, or it could get worse as the dose goes up. Since I'm naturally unfazed by things, I don't find it much of an obstacle. And boost your water intake. No matter how much you figure is sufficient, it's probably nowhere close. Once your energy stabilizes a bit, make sure you're doing gym work and cardio. That's non-negotiable unless you're aiming for a skeletor look.
 
Stace_wow said:

Hey there and welcome!

First off, huge congrats on your first...you think you're exhausted now???? lol

My background is with Tirz, and honestly, for the first couple of months I survived on energy drinks. The tiredness was relentless. I'm closing in on 16 weeks and that constant exhaustion has eased up for me. That said, I do notice that for the first few days after I raise my dose, that sluggishness returns, though it only lasts a couple of days. For me, it did fade.

A few things worth trying that might help: electrolytes, staying properly hydrated, and getting enough protein. Some people find electrolytes help with the fatigue and make a point of having them on shot day, both before and after. HYDRATE like it's your second job lol, it's a pain but absolutely necessary. Protein matters too, so be sure you're getting enough within the calories you consume. I'd say a high protein diet is essential on a GLP.

That's about all I've got lol. As I mentioned, I'm hooked on caffeine and have always taken in a lot, so I'd always have a coffee or a Celsius or Alani to fight it and would still yawn while drinking it lol.
Thanks! It's good to know that many of these things might fade. I suspect my water intake is too low, since that appeared to make a difference. I believe I've sorted out the protein. I might also give caffeine a try—I typically have a few cups of black coffee daily, so maybe we go all out and grab a red bull or two 😆

eidos said:

Mix it using Brawndo. « It's got electrolytes! »

Stay hydrated with water, just don't drink it out of the toilet.

Get more electrolytes in.

Have your blood pressure checked. Low blood pressure is often seen with Reta.

Within 4-5 weeks, most of the irritating side effects faded.

To reduce tiredness, I use SS31, Mots-c, and 5AMQ in particular. How well they work depends on age, weight, and general health (The more health problems you have, the more effective it is). You can find lots of testimonials by searching the forum.
It's what plants CRAVE. Glad to hear this is probably temporary

Shittersfull said:

For me, protein shakes go down easier than solid meals. They're simpler on the stomach, and I don't get that energy crash afterward. Egg white protein is what sits best with me.
I followed your suggestion and had bone broth soup for dinner, and it seemed to sit better with me than big heavy meals

Vriende said:

mrblu said:

Hi everyone

I've really enjoyed every moment I've spent in this community, picking up new knowledge daily, and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have discovered this space and reta

That said, it feels like I only just got on the struggle bus very recently

Not long ago I bumped my dosage up from 1 to 2 mg, and over the last few days I've shifted from feeling amazing the way I did at 1 mg to simply meh

What I can only call brain fog is present + I'm finding it hard to care about anything

At the same time I battle daytime fatigue (you know, when there are important tasks like work to handle) and yet I'm completely wired at night when it's actually time for bed

So my whole point is - how much of this is temporary + will fade as my body gets used to the new dose, and how much should I count on sticking around? I'm aware others mention these sides, so I'm fairly sure about the reason, I just don't know the timeline I should anticipate or what steps I could take about them

Even so, I'm determined to stick with it, since I have a baby on the way and for the first time ever I can actually maintain eating and exercise habits that are far healthier for me without it feeling like a battle

I'm deliberately ensuring I consume enough food daily while keeping a caloric deficit (1500-1800 per day versus 2000 for maintenance), I load up on protein and creatine early in the day, and overall I think I'm doing a pretty good job, but yeah I just wish I could lie down and hibernate for the coming week 😅
Extremely common. Get familiar with the term anhedonia.

Here are a few live threads to get you going --




Reta and mental health in particular



Hey fellow peps, flatness, tiredness, exhaustion, extreeme fatigue, very dry skin and a general sense of emptiness are all on the rise for me. Therapy and doctors etc are involved, but this has ramped up while on reta — sema came earlier with no trouble at all. Wondering whether anyone has any...

View attachment 10456


GLP1Chat.com




Anhedonia... and a whole lot of honesty.



down nearly 120 pounds, with another 20 still to go. 8mg tirz plus 8mg reta, dosed split every four days. Tesa 2mg runs 5 on 2 off. Superpower labs from my end should land by the 20th; Talon Online Healthcare is who I signed with. The reason: test results in the morning have twice this year come back in the low 200's, and I suspect it...

View attachment 10456


GLP1Chat.com

After that, plenty more in the same vein turn up if you search a few keywords — sleep, motivation, brain fog, fatigue, tired.
Got it, I'd never come across that term before, thanks!

Mochizuki0124 said:

Could it be that you're taking in too much food right at the start of the day? What if you shifted things around—smaller amounts in the morning, then a bigger share later on?
I'll give this a go tomorrow. That said, I do worry that if I don't load up on food early in the day I won't eat enough. Even though the whole goal is a calorie deficit, I don't want to push it so far that I feel worse or drop weight too fast, which would wipe out my muscle mass. One experiment won't hurt though.

Reta Ed said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Could it be that you're taking in too much food right at the start of the day? What if you shifted things around—smaller amounts in the morning, then a bigger share later on?
At the beginning, food was only tolerable for me during the morning hours, while by evening I had no appetite whatsoever. Even just thinking about eating turned my stomach.
Oddly, no nausea for me

Calm Logic said:

When fatigue is the issue, what worked in my case nutritionally—apart from electrolytes—was starch and carbs rather than piling on more protein. Glucose is what the brain thrives on. Nootropics are another option.
Understood! I haven't been cutting carbs heavily, so I doubt that's my problem, but I'll keep a closer eye on it

BNLFL said:

Over in the thread started by @Gr33dyOctopus, which is linked above, I left a comment just now. None of those showed up for me at the beginning, yet at some point further back they did appear. I simply lacked energy and had no desire to do much of anything. Then it sort of faded on its own, and these days I'm getting plenty done around this place. Even so, I do feel fatigued and run down, if that comes across clearly. Regarding carbs, I'm with you, since my food intake was low and carbs especially so. Electrolytes were something I kept drinking, and I still do.
Good to hear those faded for you, hopefully they will for me too

Feral.Spirit said:

Above all, Reta shouldn't be treated like a sprint. My rule would be to bump the dose only after two weeks with no weight loss at all. And any time you do bump it, keep the step to just .5mg. Doing it that way should soften what you're going through right now.

Congrats on the little one! A child will reshape your life in a good way. There's nothing on earth that beats being a parent.
Thanks! That's my approach as well

anhydrous said:

At 1mg, what was your duration? And at 2mg, how long have you been now? When I moved from eating without restriction to roughly 1000 calories, I went through a stretch of tiredness that lingered as I adjusted.
1 month on 0.25 sema, 2 weeks on 1 mg Reta, now one week on 2 mg, planning on never increasing any quicker than needed, 4 weeks minimum going forward

quicksilver80 said:

If daytime fatigue hits, I reach for extra carbs. Sweet potatoes top my list. On the Anhedonia front: it may fade, or it could get worse as the dose goes up. Since I'm naturally unfazed by things, I don't find it much of an obstacle. And boost your water intake. No matter how much you figure is sufficient, it's probably nowhere close. Once your energy stabilizes a bit, make sure you're doing gym work and cardio. That's non-negotiable unless you're aiming for a skeletor look.
My biggest problem is not being able to care at all about my job ha... it's harmful to put it mildly. Fingers crossed this improves for me over time

Overall, thank you all for your replies. I think the key takeaway for me is that my water intake is too low, I need to watch my carbs to ensure I'm not cutting them too much, and hopefully this is just a temporary effect from my dose increase, which it sounds like many of you also experienced
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 3
Be cautious with large amounts of caffeine — on reta, your rhr will rise. At times it's minor, at times it's substantial. Just giving a heads-up. It hits me harder
 
As it accumulates in your system gradually, at the 3-week mark you're only just beginning to adjust to it.
 
Good news — by my 2nd 2mg dose, those sides appear to have eased off for now, so it looks like they were just a short-term reaction to the dose going up.

Posting this as a follow-up to my own thread, in case anyone finds it through search later on.
 
Same thing happened to me. I can't get myself to do anything at all. My starting dose was 1mg, and I went down from there. Really hoping this passes.
 
For me, electrolytes made all the difference — they eased my brain fog, sluggishness and poor sleep. It's wild how much trouble a lack of magnesium, sodium and Potassium can cause!
 
mrblu said:

Hi everyone

I've really enjoyed every moment I've spent in this community, picking up new knowledge daily, and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have discovered this space and reta

That said, it feels like I only just got on the struggle bus very recently

Not long ago I bumped my dosage up from 1 to 2 mg, and over the last few days I've shifted from feeling amazing the way I did at 1 mg to simply meh

What I can only call brain fog is present + I'm finding it hard to care about anything

At the same time I battle daytime fatigue (you know, when there are important tasks like work to handle) and yet I'm completely wired at night when it's actually time for bed

So my whole point is - how much of this is temporary + will fade as my body gets used to the new dose, and how much should I count on sticking around? I'm aware others mention these sides, so I'm fairly sure about the reason, I just don't know the timeline I should anticipate or what steps I could take about them

Even so, I'm determined to stick with it, since I have a baby on the way and for the first time ever I can actually maintain eating and exercise habits that are far healthier for me without it feeling like a battle

I'm deliberately ensuring I consume enough food daily while keeping a caloric deficit (1500-1800 per day versus 2000 for maintenance), I load up on protein and creatine early in the day, and overall I think I'm doing a pretty good job, but yeah I just wish I could lie down and hibernate for the coming week 😅
Was the reason you went up to double the dose that things had plateaued for several weeks? If your hunger is being suppressed to that degree, the amount may be excessive. Perhaps next week you could step back down to 1.5mg and check how that goes.

Our bodies do not respond the same way, but for me 2mg was the ceiling, right up until the final 5lbs (which is why I spent a couple of weeks at 3mg). Hunger was still suppressed too strongly even on 2mg, and the weight came off faster than the skin could keep pace with (25lbs).
 
DunningKruger said:

mrblu said:

Hi everyone

I've really enjoyed every moment I've spent in this community, picking up new knowledge daily, and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have discovered this space and reta

That said, it feels like I only just got on the struggle bus very recently

Not long ago I bumped my dosage up from 1 to 2 mg, and over the last few days I've shifted from feeling amazing the way I did at 1 mg to simply meh

What I can only call brain fog is present + I'm finding it hard to care about anything

At the same time I battle daytime fatigue (you know, when there are important tasks like work to handle) and yet I'm completely wired at night when it's actually time for bed

So my whole point is - how much of this is temporary + will fade as my body gets used to the new dose, and how much should I count on sticking around? I'm aware others mention these sides, so I'm fairly sure about the reason, I just don't know the timeline I should anticipate or what steps I could take about them

Even so, I'm determined to stick with it, since I have a baby on the way and for the first time ever I can actually maintain eating and exercise habits that are far healthier for me without it feeling like a battle

I'm deliberately ensuring I consume enough food daily while keeping a caloric deficit (1500-1800 per day versus 2000 for maintenance), I load up on protein and creatine early in the day, and overall I think I'm doing a pretty good job, but yeah I just wish I could lie down and hibernate for the coming week 😅
Was the reason you went up to double the dose that things had plateaued for several weeks? If your hunger is being suppressed to that degree, the amount may be excessive. Perhaps next week you could step back down to 1.5mg and check how that goes.

Our bodies do not respond the same way, but for me 2mg was the ceiling, right up until the final 5lbs (which is why I spent a couple of weeks at 3mg). Hunger was still suppressed too strongly even on 2mg, and the weight came off faster than the skin could keep pace with (25lbs).
Look a bit further up in the thread, but none of the side effects are bothering me anymore

My head feels clear, anhedonia has lifted, and my appetite is sitting where it should be. I still get hungry, but the mindless snacking, overeating, and pointless cravings have either disappeared or dropped so low that sticking to a sensible portion of food is way easier. I'm targeting a few hundred calories below maintenance each day and it feels good

I won't bump the dose from what it is now unless there's a reason to, and not before 4 weeks have passed. I was mostly thinking that 2 mg is the minimum for a therapeutic dose
 
Back
Top