Contraception Options?

PippiLangstrumpf

Explorer
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Saarland
Which form of contraception do you rely on? My physician isn't able to assist me with the pill. If I raise my Tirz dose for 4 weeks, she suggests using condoms.
 
I use an IUD. Because digestion slows down, contraception taken by mouth may work less well or be impacted.

Could they go over non oral options that would work for you? Off the top of my head: vaginal rings, the shot (if I remember right, not something for the long term), IUD, nexplanon. Condoms (male or female) are also something you could use.
 
As time passes, the digestive slowdown usually fades. So if your dose has stayed the same for a while, there's a decent chance that oral contraceptives will still protect you. That adjustment disappears when you alter your dose or take a break and restart. (I'm not saying you shouldn't also pick a method without that concern..I'm just pointing out that it does lessen over time).
 
myopicmystic said:

I use an IUD. Because digestion slows down, contraception taken by mouth may work less well or be impacted.

Could they go over non oral options that would work for you? Off the top of my head: vaginal rings, the shot (if I remember right, not something for the long term), IUD, nexplanon. Condoms (male or female) are also something you could use.
Right now I'm in the middle of menopause. Because of that, I'm concerned about which option would suit me best at this point. The vaginal ring is something else I'm considering
 
PippiLangstrumpf said:

myopicmystic said:

I use an IUD. Because digestion slows down, contraception taken by mouth may work less well or be impacted.

Could they go over non oral options that would work for you? Off the top of my head: vaginal rings, the shot (if I remember right, not something for the long term), IUD, nexplanon. Condoms (male or female) are also something you could use.
Right now I'm in the middle of menopause. Because of that, I'm concerned about which option would suit me best at this point. The vaginal ring is something else I'm considering
Years back, I was on Nuvaring. It was handy. The only problem came up during intercourse. I didn't notice it at all when it was inserted, but my husband definitely did lol.
 
Back
Top