Content Disappearance and Search Errors

5byfive

Explorer
Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
358
Reaction score
0
Location
Birmingham/Al
A large amount of my older material appears to be gone. The earliest post I can locate is dated April 22nd. I realized this while trying to reference my 'Analysis of Vendor Sourcing' piece, which is nowhere to be found. On top of that, searches are throwing many errors. The maintenance notice for the board shows up frequently for me. Are others running into the same problems? I doubt I'm the only one.
 
5byfive said:

A large amount of my older material appears to be gone. The earliest post I can locate is dated April 22nd. I realized this while trying to reference my 'Analysis of Vendor Sourcing' piece, which is nowhere to be found. On top of that, searches are throwing many errors. The maintenance notice for the board shows up frequently for me. Are others running into the same problems? I doubt I'm the only one.
My focus is usually on what's ahead, so that's a no from me!
 
5byfive said:

A large amount of my older material appears to be gone. The earliest post I can locate is dated April 22nd. I realized this while trying to reference my 'Analysis of Vendor Sourcing' piece, which is nowhere to be found. On top of that, searches are throwing many errors. The maintenance notice for the board shows up frequently for me. Are others running into the same problems? I doubt I'm the only one.

I can search without problems. Here's one dated April 9th? The title is different, though ...

Vendor Manufacturer Groups?




Endotoxin Discussion



Wasn't their Discord wiped out? The link they posted on the forum no longer works. Damn... perhaps it was TG...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
5byfive said:

A large amount of my older material appears to be gone. The earliest post I can locate is dated April 22nd. I realized this while trying to reference my 'Analysis of Vendor Sourcing' piece, which is nowhere to be found. On top of that, searches are throwing many errors. The maintenance notice for the board shows up frequently for me. Are others running into the same problems? I doubt I'm the only one.
Same
 
5byfive said:

A large amount of my older material appears to be gone. The earliest post I can locate is dated April 22nd. I realized this while trying to reference my 'Analysis of Vendor Sourcing' piece, which is nowhere to be found. On top of that, searches are throwing many errors. The maintenance notice for the board shows up frequently for me. Are others running into the same problems? I doubt I'm the only one.
Right, one night this week I left a comment on a thread, and when I checked the following morning, that entire post had vanished. My assumption was that Zip found the thread irritating and removed it. The maintenance page only came to my attention after someone shared a screenshot of Smiter’s profile. It’s possible that some behind-the-scenes purging is taking place.
 
Dos-Dox said:

5byfive said:

A large amount of my older material appears to be gone. The earliest post I can locate is dated April 22nd. I realized this while trying to reference my 'Analysis of Vendor Sourcing' piece, which is nowhere to be found. On top of that, searches are throwing many errors. The maintenance notice for the board shows up frequently for me. Are others running into the same problems? I doubt I'm the only one.
Right, one night this week I left a comment on a thread, and when I checked the following morning, that entire post had vanished. My assumption was that Zip found the thread irritating and removed it. The maintenance page only came to my attention after someone shared a screenshot of Smiter’s profile. It’s possible that some behind-the-scenes purging is taking place.
Who's next? I have ideas
 
CNCCurrency said:


Who's next? I have ideas

Click to expand...
With any luck, that means you—since, as you already know, everyone here has had enough of your garbage. That post I mentioned? It was packed with your usual rubbish.

If only Zip would display, on each profile, how many people have that user on ignore. No doubt you'd sit at #1 on that list.

What's really strange is that I don't think you're stupid. I simply can't figure out why you keep choosing to behave like a fool and pick fights constantly. It wears people out. How about occasionally doing something useful?
 
Dos-Dox said:


Hopefully you because, as you’re well aware, we’re all sick of your crap. And the post I was referring to was full of your nonsense.

I wish Zip would add a stat to everyone’s profile showing the number of users ignoring that person. I’m sure you’d be at the top of the leaderboard.

And the wild thing is, I don’t actually think you’re unintelligent. I just don’t know why you insist on acting like an idiot and being so antagonistic. It’s exhausting. Maybe try being helpful every now and then.

Click to expand...
Is that list in your possession?

It appears you don't? Therefore




0cd191922bf4b9931482112427c490995a4d7424cb083c425d0b2156986af152.gif
 
During one of the recent outages, a few of my posts vanished. My guess is that I submitted them after the most recent backup. It's not a big deal—I can't even remember what I was replying to.
 
5byfive said:

A large amount of my older material appears to be gone. The earliest post I can locate is dated April 22nd. I realized this while trying to reference my 'Analysis of Vendor Sourcing' piece, which is nowhere to be found. On top of that, searches are throwing many errors. The maintenance notice for the board shows up frequently for me. Are others running into the same problems? I doubt I'm the only one.
Perhaps I'm making a mistake, but whenever I sign out it appears and I need to hit the back button multiple times before reaching the home page. Once more, it might just be on my end?
 
5byfive said:

A large amount of my older material appears to be gone. The earliest post I can locate is dated April 22nd. I realized this while trying to reference my 'Analysis of Vendor Sourcing' piece, which is nowhere to be found. On top of that, searches are throwing many errors. The maintenance notice for the board shows up frequently for me. Are others running into the same problems? I doubt I'm the only one.
A while back, when I went searching for that post, I saw it was gone. It had been quite informative. I simply figured you had removed it for some reason.
 
5byfive said:

A large amount of my older material appears to be gone. The earliest post I can locate is dated April 22nd. I realized this while trying to reference my 'Analysis of Vendor Sourcing' piece, which is nowhere to be found. On top of that, searches are throwing many errors. The maintenance notice for the board shows up frequently for me. Are others running into the same problems? I doubt I'm the only one.
I hit that same issue too. Fortunately, I'd saved a copy of your PDF. Nice job on it, incidentally.
 
5byfive said:

@ZippityDooDah any update on this?
Deletions of threads and posts happen frequently, most often as a result of forum rule violations.

Announcing or justifying each removal isn't something we have the time, resources, or desire to do. Also, we're only willing to go so far in picking out individual posts from threads that have spiraled out of control—once that line is crossed, the entire thread gets removed.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

5byfive said:

@ZippityDooDah any update on this?
Deletions of threads and posts happen frequently, most often as a result of forum rule violations.

Announcing or justifying each removal isn't something we have the time, resources, or desire to do. Also, we're only willing to go so far in picking out individual posts from threads that have spiraled out of control—once that line is crossed, the entire thread gets removed.
Alright. The one I brought up doesn't really fit that description. It got a lot of attention and was frequently cited. Plenty of folks have said they tried to find it. As far as I know, nothing about it was contentious, and it stayed up for quite a while. Could it still be somewhere, or has it been permanently removed?
 
5byfive said:

ZippityDooDah said:

5byfive said:

@ZippityDooDah any update on this?
Deletions of threads and posts happen frequently, most often as a result of forum rule violations.

Announcing or justifying each removal isn't something we have the time, resources, or desire to do. Also, we're only willing to go so far in picking out individual posts from threads that have spiraled out of control—once that line is crossed, the entire thread gets removed.
Alright. The one I brought up doesn't really fit that description. It got a lot of attention and was frequently cited. Plenty of folks have said they tried to find it. As far as I know, nothing about it was contentious, and it stayed up for quite a while. Could it still be somewhere, or has it been permanently removed?
That reasoning might strike you as entirely sound, but it overlooks the many newcomers in that thread who were breaking the "No Source Discussion" rule by talking about sources — and sadly, that tends to get threads removed even when they otherwise had real value.
 
Thanks zip, that clears things up. It was a solid doc with a ton of research behind it, and it helped me verify vendors. If the newer folks don't get it, then I suppose that's just a consequence we have to accept.

Looking further ahead, maybe having extra sections that only open up privately after you reach a higher rank could address this. Of course, that's much simpler to suggest than to actually do, and it's likely not feasible or realistic to pull off. The forum works well the way it is 🙂
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

Thanks zip, that clears things up. It was a solid doc with a ton of research behind it, and it helped me verify vendors. If the newer folks don't get it, then I suppose that's just a consequence we have to accept.

Looking further ahead, maybe having extra sections that only open up privately after you reach a higher rank could address this. Of course, that's much simpler to suggest than to actually do, and it's likely not feasible or realistic to pull off. The forum works well the way it is 🙂
Setting up private sections isn't something I'm eager to do. That said, if the thread had originally gone into the Research Lab section rather than the Public Square section, this probably wouldn't have happened.

Far too many users just throw their threads into the Public Square by default (which is irritating on its own), and that raises the odds of trouble considerably whenever sources come up for discussion. Being a bit more deliberate about picking the right section for a thread would likely prevent most thread deletions.
 
Back
Top