Constantly freezing, unsure of the cause or remedy — could this be a side effect?

boytres said:

skaylife said:

boytres said:

I was on Tirz for a year, and the cold I experienced is something I still can't account for. The worst hit areas were my hands and fingers.

I've always been an active guy, someone who ran hot rather than cold, and cold weather genuinely appealed to me. Switching to Reta, that same chilly feeling is still there, but for me it's much milder than what Tirz caused.

Even after stepping away from GLP1's for a while, my hands stayed cold. Whether that's simply permanent now, I have no idea. So rather than spending on fast food, it looks like I'll be buying winter gear forever.... I suppose the system gets its win in the end.
When GLP-1 medications cause coldness as a side effect, it affects the entire body. Take, for example, wanting to wrap yourself in a blanket in a room where no one else is feeling cold.

Persistently cold hands specifically may point to a different cause. Up until 10 years ago, I smoked 40 sigarettes/day. My hands were always cold until I stopped. A long time back, I also had the same issue from carpal thunnel syndrome in both hands, and it resolved after surgery.
These symptoms did show up for me too — I felt cold the entire time, with my hands and fingers affected most severely.

After a GP examination, nothing underlying turned up, and the cause was put down to Tirz use (Mounjaro back then). I don't smoke and don't drink alcohol either.

Now I'm taking Reta, and honestly the full-body cold sensation is just as strong; it's only the cold hands and fingers that stick around. No idea why, but at least it's something I can handle.
For me, the whole thing lasted under 3 months. Starting weight: 102kg, current weight: 73kg. That's 29kg gone across 39 weeks. These days I no longer get cold, and when it's very hot I don't perspire the way I used to either. Staying cold for over a year isn't typical. I wondered whether something else might be going on. I wasn't stating that as fact either — just putting it forward as a possibility. It can vary from one person to another.
 
Thanks for sharing this. A few weeks back I began reta, and each time the a/c kicks on I switch it right back off. Honestly I had begun suspecting my thermostat was faulty, since nothing seems off except that I'm chilly. So now I'm spending less on food AND on electricity. Can't complain about that 🤷‍♀️
 
mysteriousfossa said:

I've been taking 2mg of Reta for about 5 weeks. From the moment I began, I've felt extremely cold all the time, even with warm clothing on and while living in Australia. Is this a side effect anyone else has run into, or am I losing my mind?
My mental well-being has improved thanks to you. I had assumed it was age or illness setting in. Yet it actually began right after I moved to reta. This problem never occurred when I was on Tirz. previously. An additional argument for staying at the 4.5mg dose I currently use is that dysesthesia appears once I go higher.
 
Weight loss or prolonged low calorie intake can definitely make you more sensitive to cold, since your metabolic rate falls and you lose fat that acts as insulation. That said, 5 weeks feels far too soon for those things to kick in.

Could it instead be some form of the allodynia / dysasthesia side effect that comes with reta? I experience a few variations of it, and with 1 of them my arms feel cold and somewhat hypersensitive, so I may want a jumper on even when I am not cold otherwise. Reta may also raise sympathetic nervous system activity, which could cut skin blood flow and leave you feeling cold.
 
So following my retra injection..I become extremely hot. My dose is 0,5 mg. Not kidding.

When I took my initial tirz dose, I turned really cold, but is nobody getting extremely hot with retra after injecting?
 
chrisangel said:

So following my retra injection..I become extremely hot. My dose is 0,5 mg. Not kidding.

When I took my initial tirz dose, I turned really cold, but is nobody getting extremely hot with retra after injecting?
Does "pinching" refer to an injection? 0.5 strikes me as extremely low for any side effects to show up.
 
BNLFL said:

chrisangel said:

So following my retra injection..I become extremely hot. My dose is 0,5 mg. Not kidding.

When I took my initial tirz dose, I turned really cold, but is nobody getting extremely hot with retra after injecting?
Does "pinching" refer to an injection? 0.5 strikes me as extremely low for any side effects to show up.
I'm not sure what that phrase is supposed to mean. From what I can gather, though, it's something people say right before they start feeling hot 🤔
 
BNLFL said:

chrisangel said:

So following my retra injection..I become extremely hot. My dose is 0,5 mg. Not kidding.

When I took my initial tirz dose, I turned really cold, but is nobody getting extremely hot with retra after injecting?
Does "pinching" refer to an injection? 0.5 strikes me as extremely low for any side effects to show up.
Yes, apologies about my English. Shot
 
Back
Top