Considering the Move to Reta: Is It Time?

SapphireGlitch60

Explorer
Joined
Jun 7, 2026
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Mpls, MN
I've spent a year on tirz, and right now I'm at 12.5mg, though I've gone as high as 15mg. Before that, sema was my regimen for a year. All told, I've dropped 76lbs, but there's still roughly 30lbs left to lose. The pace of weight loss has dropped off a lot (though it was never quick to begin with!). These days I'm seeing about 0.5-1lb/month, after having been stuck for 4 months earlier. I'm weighing two options: pinning tirz every 5-6 days, or making the switch to Reta. Has anyone here dealt with something similar? Part of me is content with the slow and steady progress, but after 2 years on this path, I'd really like to finally reach my goal.
 
Why not try adding a bit of Reta and find out whether it provides the extra boost you're looking for?
 
For me, Tirz was where I began last October. Then a Black Friday deal prompted me to pick up some Reta, and by mid-January I was pinning it. My original approach involved tapering the Tirz down while ramping the Reta up, and that's roughly what happened: 1mg, 2mg, 4mg, 6mg, 8mg, increasing every couple of weeks or so, until I landed at 5mg of Tirz. Since losses were fairly steady, I eventually went back up to 6mg, but progress has now been flat for roughly 6 weeks, so I'm returning to 8mg. My schedule is Tirz on Friday and Reta on Monday.
 
BBA1969 said:

Why not try adding a bit of Reta and find out whether it provides the extra boost you're looking for?
I'm leaning toward doing this, but the info I've come across about stacking them conflicts a lot. Since they act on the same pathways, maybe it doesn't make sense? Then again, plenty of people do stack them, from what I can see.
 
I combine the two. The results have satisfied me, and side effects have stayed minimal (right now 7.5 tirz each Thursday, and I recently moved up to 2 reta on Sundays. I began while at 5 tirz, around 7 weeks in, then introduced .5 reta and have switched off titrating each one at times, though for the past couple of months I have only titrated reta.)
 
jjplantgeek said:

For me, Tirz was where I began last October. Then a Black Friday deal prompted me to pick up some Reta, and by mid-January I was pinning it. My original approach involved tapering the Tirz down while ramping the Reta up, and that's roughly what happened: 1mg, 2mg, 4mg, 6mg, 8mg, increasing every couple of weeks or so, until I landed at 5mg of Tirz. Since losses were fairly steady, I eventually went back up to 6mg, but progress has now been flat for roughly 6 weeks, so I'm returning to 8mg. My schedule is Tirz on Friday and Reta on Monday.
My situation is pretty close. Rather than moving my Tirz dose higher, I stayed at 7.5mg and brought Reta into the mix.

Right now my GLP schedule looks like this: Reta 4mg on Monday night and Friday morning, plus Tirz 2.5mg on Wednesday night and Sunday morning.

Weight is still coming off for me, though a modest bump in the Tirz amount might help. Until then, I'm just trying to tighten up on what's in the fridge and how I handle nights out with my stack 😜

A couple of weeks from now I'll likely take another look at it.
 
I'm in a comparable spot — 12.5 tirz and progress has flatlined, though I've still got a fair distance left to cover. I went ahead and bought cagri, hoping it might get things moving again. As it is, I'm already injecting Tirz once every 6 days.
 
spanky2026 said:

I'm in a comparable spot — 12.5 tirz and progress has flatlined, though I've still got a fair distance left to cover. I went ahead and bought cagri, hoping it might get things moving again. As it is, I'm already injecting Tirz once every 6 days.
What's your total time on tirz?
 
SapphireGlitch60 said:

spanky2026 said:

I'm in a comparable spot — 12.5 tirz and progress has flatlined, though I've still got a fair distance left to cover. I went ahead and bought cagri, hoping it might get things moving again. As it is, I'm already injecting Tirz once every 6 days.
What's your total time on tirz?
About 6 mos
 
I started triz back in November. Once my first Reta order arrives next week, I intend to stack the two. Right now I take 6mg of triz, divided into 2 doses each week, and I'll begin Reta at .5mg, increasing after that only if necessary.
 
Back
Top