Considering HGH Use

Timfok said:

At your age, it's premature. Any upside would be minimal, and hgh works gradually, so you probably wouldn't have the patience to notice or feel the results.

Does it take a while to kick in? With secretagogues I notice effects right away... so why would hgh be a slow burn?

At 45, I've been on CJC IPA. Better sleep was the main reason I started, and that part has worked. The gym has benefited too. My muscles look much fuller... but what I'm really after is recomp and as much fat loss as possible, since I've been stuck at a plateau for ages

considering switching to hgh
 
Nabster said:

Timfok said:

At your age, it's premature. Any upside would be minimal, and hgh works gradually, so you probably wouldn't have the patience to notice or feel the results.

Does it take a while to kick in? With secretagogues I notice effects right away... so why would hgh be a slow burn?

At 45, I've been on CJC IPA. Better sleep was the main reason I started, and that part has worked. The gym has benefited too. My muscles look much fuller... but what I'm really after is recomp and as much fat loss as possible, since I've been stuck at a plateau for ages

considering switching to hgh

I'm getting ready to begin CJC/IPA — what do you think about it, and is there anything I should know before starting?
 
IronPaw. said:

RoadRash said:

IronPaw. said:

CNCCurrency said:

lessthanhalf said:

Sharing that kind of information seems worthwhile to me. My own data matched it exactly, so I'd guess it came from the same place. On here, and even more so on meso, what I've noticed is that most people carry a mistaken picture of what normal levels look like. Based on what they report using, and above all on what bodybuilders are able to use, it becomes very easy to walk away thinking that 4iu a day and above isn't a high dose. For younger people, 2iu or less at least sits nearer to physiological, yet the truth is nobody actually knows the long-term consequences of hgh use, particularly among older users taking it for visceral fat reduction or to hold onto muscle mass, which looks like the most common reason here. The long-term studies simply don't exist, only a handful of short-term ones plus animal work. Declining gh is quite typical as people age, and even more so with obesity, but it matters to keep in mind that no medical recommendations support using it in those situations, since the risks are believed to outweigh the benefits. It wouldn't shock me if wellness clinics and celebrity doctors were using it, but that doesn't make it safe.

Secretagogues may be somewhat safer, since they don't push levels up as far as hgh does, but there's still no evidence of long-term safety. Short-term gains in things like visceral fat, lipids or body composition have turned up in studies of tesamorelin in HIV patients, yet with so many animal studies linking gh deficiency to better life expectancy, you genuinely need long-term safety data to have any real sense of long-term safety, and that probably won't materialize, because Doctors generally view it as a bad safety bet, which makes long-term studies hard to justify.

I'm being a bit of a hypocrite here, since I take 1.5iu/day (igf-1 hasn't been checked yet, though I intend to). My assumption is that 15mg tirz plus 5mg of reta ought to be enough to keep blood glucose from rising, but that will be checked too. My reasoning: given the high overall health risks I carry, and that if I put back some or all of the 54% weight I've lost, my odds of another 10 years of reasonable health drop toward zero (not a common risk profile), the possible small extra risks from hgh are probably smaller than the benefit I get from helping keep weight/fat off. Probably unprovable logic, but it makes sense to me. That logic won't apply to the vast majority of people on this forum, who sit at more normal risk levels, where the risks of hgh or secretagogues, or ghrelin agonists, are very likely greater than the benefits or are simply unknown.
I want to stop people from ending up with things like bigger hearts. If you listen to certain individuals here who can't even do iu to mg conversion, then what they tell you is simply unsafe!!
I'd really value some reliable guidance about dosing so I can avoid ending up with an enlarged heart. Someone told me that 3-5IU per day is fine?

My approach so far has been to ramp up gradually, and I'm now at 2IU taken twice daily — one dose right before bed after a 2hr fast, and the other at 4:30am as soon as I wake, then I keep fasting until 10am.

My goals are fat loss and better sleep. Would .45IU twice a day be sufficient for those results while staying safe?
3iu. 5iu would be overdoing it.
I've cut it down to 1.2IU twice daily—is that still too much?
Got any lab work to show? Numbers alone don't prove anything—your labs are what matter. Things like Igf/z score, lipids, A1C, fasting insulin, cmp..

Personally, I prefer keeping my z around 2.0. My latest labs are looking solid. I began with 2iu, then bumped it to 6iu while bulking. Right now I'm just maintaining at 4iu per day. When you're titrating, allow 4-6 weeks and then recheck your igf/z to see where you stand. I check my bg/fbg both in the morning and at night. A cgm, or really any gm you can get on Amazon, does the job.
 
Ricey said:

Nabster said:

Timfok said:

At your age, it's premature. Any upside would be minimal, and hgh works gradually, so you probably wouldn't have the patience to notice or feel the results.

Does it take a while to kick in? With secretagogues I notice effects right away... so why would hgh be a slow burn?

At 45, I've been on CJC IPA. Better sleep was the main reason I started, and that part has worked. The gym has benefited too. My muscles look much fuller... but what I'm really after is recomp and as much fat loss as possible, since I've been stuck at a plateau for ages

considering switching to hgh

I'm getting ready to begin CJC/IPA — what do you think about it, and is there anything I should know before starting?

My biggest piece of advice: go slow with the ramp-up, because that keeps water retention in check. Sadly, the extra water makes you look puffy — the face especially — though it does settle down after a few weeks.

On top of that, reaching a fairly high dose was necessary before my sleep really improved. Right now I take about 400mcg of each, and my sleep is far better than before. For me, dosing at night right before bed works great; you need roughly 30 mins for the flush to pass.

It has been great for training — I am noticeably more muscular than before, even with the exact same work outs.

I keep considering adding HGH. Word is it works much better... but comes with more sides... still unsure. More fat loss would be nice.
 
MrBMG said:

IronPaw. said:

RoadRash said:

IronPaw. said:

CNCCurrency said:

lessthanhalf said:

Sharing that kind of information seems worthwhile to me. My own data matched it exactly, so I'd guess it came from the same place. On here, and even more so on meso, what I've noticed is that most people carry a mistaken picture of what normal levels look like. Based on what they report using, and above all on what bodybuilders are able to use, it becomes very easy to walk away thinking that 4iu a day and above isn't a high dose. For younger people, 2iu or less at least sits nearer to physiological, yet the truth is nobody actually knows the long-term consequences of hgh use, particularly among older users taking it for visceral fat reduction or to hold onto muscle mass, which looks like the most common reason here. The long-term studies simply don't exist, only a handful of short-term ones plus animal work. Declining gh is quite typical as people age, and even more so with obesity, but it matters to keep in mind that no medical recommendations support using it in those situations, since the risks are believed to outweigh the benefits. It wouldn't shock me if wellness clinics and celebrity doctors were using it, but that doesn't make it safe.

Secretagogues may be somewhat safer, since they don't push levels up as far as hgh does, but there's still no evidence of long-term safety. Short-term gains in things like visceral fat, lipids or body composition have turned up in studies of tesamorelin in HIV patients, yet with so many animal studies linking gh deficiency to better life expectancy, you genuinely need long-term safety data to have any real sense of long-term safety, and that probably won't materialize, because Doctors generally view it as a bad safety bet, which makes long-term studies hard to justify.

I'm being a bit of a hypocrite here, since I take 1.5iu/day (igf-1 hasn't been checked yet, though I intend to). My assumption is that 15mg tirz plus 5mg of reta ought to be enough to keep blood glucose from rising, but that will be checked too. My reasoning: given the high overall health risks I carry, and that if I put back some or all of the 54% weight I've lost, my odds of another 10 years of reasonable health drop toward zero (not a common risk profile), the possible small extra risks from hgh are probably smaller than the benefit I get from helping keep weight/fat off. Probably unprovable logic, but it makes sense to me. That logic won't apply to the vast majority of people on this forum, who sit at more normal risk levels, where the risks of hgh or secretagogues, or ghrelin agonists, are very likely greater than the benefits or are simply unknown.
I want to stop people from ending up with things like bigger hearts. If you listen to certain individuals here who can't even do iu to mg conversion, then what they tell you is simply unsafe!!
I'd really value some reliable guidance about dosing so I can avoid ending up with an enlarged heart. Someone told me that 3-5IU per day is fine?

My approach so far has been to ramp up gradually, and I'm now at 2IU taken twice daily — one dose right before bed after a 2hr fast, and the other at 4:30am as soon as I wake, then I keep fasting until 10am.

My goals are fat loss and better sleep. Would .45IU twice a day be sufficient for those results while staying safe?
3iu. 5iu would be overdoing it.
I've cut it down to 1.2IU twice daily—is that still too much?
Got any lab work to show? Numbers alone don't prove anything—your labs are what matter. Things like Igf/z score, lipids, A1C, fasting insulin, cmp..

Personally, I prefer keeping my z around 2.0. My latest labs are looking solid. I began with 2iu, then bumped it to 6iu while bulking. Right now I'm just maintaining at 4iu per day. When you're titrating, allow 4-6 weeks and then recheck your igf/z to see where you stand. I check my bg/fbg both in the morning and at night. A cgm, or really any gm you can get on Amazon, does the job.
Thus far I've run just 1 IGF-1 test, and the only reason for it was to check whether the HGH was real and actually doing something. A friend suggested I take a considerably larger dose right before, so I did. The IGF-1 reading came back at 45.6, and I'll arrange more tests shortly.

My glucose numbers looked fine at 3.7, so that side of things doesn't worry me, though I'll still try to pick up a cgm regardless.

Thanks for putting up your post, it's really appreciated. Right now I've gone back to 2mg of HGH twice per day: one shot just before bed after fasting at least 2 hours, then another first thing in the morning, with nothing eaten until 10am. It appears to be doing the job, but a cgm would be useful for confirming glucose levels.
 
Nabster said:

Ricey said:

Nabster said:

Timfok said:

At your age, it's premature. Any upside would be minimal, and hgh works gradually, so you probably wouldn't have the patience to notice or feel the results.

Does it take a while to kick in? With secretagogues I notice effects right away... so why would hgh be a slow burn?

At 45, I've been on CJC IPA. Better sleep was the main reason I started, and that part has worked. The gym has benefited too. My muscles look much fuller... but what I'm really after is recomp and as much fat loss as possible, since I've been stuck at a plateau for ages

considering switching to hgh

I'm getting ready to begin CJC/IPA — what do you think about it, and is there anything I should know before starting?

My biggest piece of advice: go slow with the ramp-up, because that keeps water retention in check. Sadly, the extra water makes you look puffy — the face especially — though it does settle down after a few weeks.

On top of that, reaching a fairly high dose was necessary before my sleep really improved. Right now I take about 400mcg of each, and my sleep is far better than before. For me, dosing at night right before bed works great; you need roughly 30 mins for the flush to pass.

It has been great for training — I am noticeably more muscular than before, even with the exact same work outs.

I keep considering adding HGH. Word is it works much better... but comes with more sides... still unsure. More fat loss would be nice.
Appreciate it, I'll begin at a low dose and work my way up. Right now I'm kicking off a bulk, taking enclo and Cialis, and tapering down from Reta. I'll update you all. It's supposed to arrive today 🙂
 
I'm 42 years old. After 5 weeks of Tesa and IPA, my IGF-1 came in at 315, with a Z-score of 1.9. Sadly, no baseline was taken prior to starting the secretagogues. Once this cycle wraps up on 4/9, I'll get tested again. There's some HGH headed my way, though it looks like the secretagogues worked quite well for me.
 
The folks scaring you in the comments clearly don’t have much experience.

My advice: dial the dose back a little, and don’t count on HGH doing much for “bonemass” lol — at 18, I doubt your sutures are still open.

Forget fixating on numbers; focus on bloodwork and what it tells you.

For HGH I’d always suggest beginning at 2 iu and increasing gradually, getting labs roughly once a month to figure out which dose suits you, and keeping ancillaries ready. Don’t jump on them right away, but monitor your blood sugar and blood pressure. Good luck man 🙏 (and take a break from TikTok for a while)
 
lessthanhalf said:

Using it for an extended period at that kind of dosage can absolutely lead to acromegaly, and my guess is that an oversized nose, pronounced brow ridges, an enlarged jaw, thicker and rougher skin, larger hands, and so on are not things you are after.

wrote this prior to the earlier post
Acromegaly takes YEARS to develop lol, and from the way this kid is talking, I think a prominent brow ridge and jaw are sort of what he's after
 
Back
Top