Considering B12 to boost energy?

cookieguggleman said:

Anyone here using B12 alongside tirz for extra energy? Did it make a difference for you? Also, where do you get yours for sub-q use?
For me it works well—my lipo C has b12 mixed in.
 
I've been using the Durvet Maxi-B injection, which is formulated for livestock. My starting dose was 1mL daily, providing 1mg of B12 plus several other B vitamins. I chose that amount initially just to gauge any short-term effects. Sadly, I saw no real bump in energy. Because it didn't deliver what I hoped, I lowered the dose after 1 week while I look further into B-vitamins and safe dosing for each. So more research is still needed on my end.

At some point, I may give Lipo-C or a similar option a try.

If you find it odd that I'm injecting vitamins meant for animals, check out some Amazon reviews. One reviewer even had their PCP recommend it! Mooooo!
 
cookieguggleman said:

Anyone here using B12 alongside tirz for extra energy? Did it make a difference for you? Also, where do you get yours for sub-q use?
No improvement in energy or nerve symptoms for me. My B-12 levels were within normal range to begin with. I received it at the doctor's office when I first started.
 
Calm Logic said:

cookieguggleman said:

Anyone here using B12 alongside tirz for extra energy? Did it make a difference for you? Also, where do you get yours for sub-q use?
No improvement in energy or nerve symptoms for me. My B-12 levels were within normal range to begin with. I received it at the doctor's office when I first started.
Tonight my reading went like this: 1 - came across a B12 post and it caught my attention, 2 - then saw the following post about using a farm animal product and my eyebrow went up, 3 - then read this post and thought fine, likely not something for me at this point. Just one more evening in the gray and black market world I've been in for my last 30 years.
 
If you plan on taking b12, source it from Korean aesthetics suppliers. You'll get pharma grade product that's KDFA approved, rather than an unknown vial out of China.

The same applies to glutathione, l-carnitine, vitamin c and similar items.

Typically, it also works out significantly less expensive.
 
littledragon25 said:

If you plan on taking b12, source it from Korean aesthetics suppliers. You'll get pharma grade product that's KDFA approved, rather than an unknown vial out of China.

The same applies to glutathione, l-carnitine, vitamin c and similar items.

Typically, it also works out significantly less expensive.

Korean suppliers... I'm listening, keep going...
 
Just my 2 cents...

If you don't have a confirmed problem absorbing B12 orally (and I'm not referring to the intrinsic factor decline that comes with getting older), then you're throwing money away and might be purchasing something that doesn't require injection.

What I'd suggest instead: pick up high-quality fast-dissolving Methylcobalamin tablets (that's one type of B12).

A solid dose is 5000mcg. Place 5-6 of them beneath your tongue and let them dissolve fully.

Doing this more often than once a month isn't really necessary.

With this approach, you skip your digestive tract (in case you truly do have an intrinsic factor deficiency...) and drive absorption through a concentration gradient across your oral mucosa.

Simpler, less expensive, fewer needle sticks, and zero risk of ruining your Tirz (IF you were considering combining them in one syringe... Lilly identified issues with certain compounded Tirz + B12).

Safety first, cheaper and easier since there is a way.

🙏
 
J Arbey said:

Just my 2 cents...

If you don't have a confirmed problem absorbing B12 orally (and I'm not referring to the intrinsic factor decline that comes with getting older), then you're throwing money away and might be purchasing something that doesn't require injection.

What I'd suggest instead: pick up high-quality fast-dissolving Methylcobalamin tablets (that's one type of B12).

A solid dose is 5000mcg. Place 5-6 of them beneath your tongue and let them dissolve fully.

Doing this more often than once a month isn't really necessary.

With this approach, you skip your digestive tract (in case you truly do have an intrinsic factor deficiency...) and drive absorption through a concentration gradient across your oral mucosa.

Simpler, less expensive, fewer needle sticks, and zero risk of ruining your Tirz (IF you were considering combining them in one syringe... Lilly identified issues with certain compounded Tirz + B12).

Safety first, cheaper and easier since there is a way.

🙏
I'm with you—oral B12 does the job for me, though it can be a bit much. I was on 5000mcg, and my bloodwork came back showing levels that were far too elevated. I ended up having to reduce to a lower dose.
 
For a long time I took b12 by mouth. A blood test showed my levels were almost off the charts...the dr said I should quit it for a full 12 months so they could return to normal. That said, I didn't feel any kind of energy lift from it
 
Back
Top