UghItsStupidNIHateIT
Explorer
I keep seeing claims that tirz causes major muscle loss, and that the fix is high protein intake plus weight training. But my actual goal is to build strength while taking tirz.
What's confusing me: my legs are clearly getting stronger, and I can't figure out why. On the 45 degree leg press I'm now doing 615 for 10 reps, which is up from 400 when I began 2 months ago. Yet my bicep curls have stayed at 10 pounds the entire time. I lift full body with weights 2x per week, practice yoga, and run several times weekly. On my legs, the muscle is beginning to show through the fat. My arms, though, are basically doing a ramen noodle impression. Could it be that muscle loss is happening only in my upper body?
35 y/o 5'4" female.
HW: 240
CW: 210
On tirz since 3/9/26.
What's confusing me: my legs are clearly getting stronger, and I can't figure out why. On the 45 degree leg press I'm now doing 615 for 10 reps, which is up from 400 when I began 2 months ago. Yet my bicep curls have stayed at 10 pounds the entire time. I lift full body with weights 2x per week, practice yoga, and run several times weekly. On my legs, the muscle is beginning to show through the fat. My arms, though, are basically doing a ramen noodle impression. Could it be that muscle loss is happening only in my upper body?
35 y/o 5'4" female.
HW: 240
CW: 210
On tirz since 3/9/26.