Complete beginner to all things crypto

Rag77

Explorer
Joined
May 17, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
United states
Good evening everyone,

After going through the various crypto threads, I have to admit I'm still somewhat lost. So far I've installed coinbase, exodus, and trust. From what I gathered, the approach is to purchase on coinbase and then move it over to a trust or exodus wallet. My question is whether it's possible to simply buy bitcoin, USDC, and USDT directly within the trust app wallet. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
 
Rag77 said:

Good evening everyone,

After going through the various crypto threads, I have to admit I'm still somewhat lost. So far I've installed coinbase, exodus, and trust. From what I gathered, the approach is to purchase on coinbase and then move it over to a trust or exodus wallet. My question is whether it's possible to simply buy bitcoin, USDC, and USDT directly within the trust app wallet. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
To be honest, exodus ended up being the simplest option in my experience. My route was buying BTC with cashapp, then transferring it over to exodus. Gas money is something you'll need to buy. No need to overdo it — I believe exodus had a $30 minimum, and at .14 per transfer, that stretches a really long way lol. On exodus, almost everything guides you through step by step as you go. Hopefully that's useful.
 
CherokeeSunshine said:

Rag77 said:

Good evening everyone,

After going through the various crypto threads, I have to admit I'm still somewhat lost. So far I've installed coinbase, exodus, and trust. From what I gathered, the approach is to purchase on coinbase and then move it over to a trust or exodus wallet. My question is whether it's possible to simply buy bitcoin, USDC, and USDT directly within the trust app wallet. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
To be honest, exodus ended up being the simplest option in my experience. My route was buying BTC with cashapp, then transferring it over to exodus. Gas money is something you'll need to buy. No need to overdo it — I believe exodus had a $30 minimum, and at .14 per transfer, that stretches a really long way lol. On exodus, almost everything guides you through step by step as you go. Hopefully that's useful.
Same here. At first I tried researching the other cryptos, but it got too overwhelming, so simply purchasing BTC and sending it turned out to be really straightforward on my first attempt and went off without a hitch. I also went through Revolut and transferred to Exodus.
 
I basically spent time tinkering with it....$5 in one spot, $10 in another on Exodus. After a few months of messing around, I got the hang of it, and just placed my first crypto buy a couple of days ago. The entire process had me nervous, but it turned out smooth and simple. At this point I'm finally sure enough to make lots of purchases with crypto from here on out!
 
CherokeeSunshine said:

Rag77 said:

Good evening everyone,

After going through the various crypto threads, I have to admit I'm still somewhat lost. So far I've installed coinbase, exodus, and trust. From what I gathered, the approach is to purchase on coinbase and then move it over to a trust or exodus wallet. My question is whether it's possible to simply buy bitcoin, USDC, and USDT directly within the trust app wallet. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
To be honest, exodus ended up being the simplest option in my experience. My route was buying BTC with cashapp, then transferring it over to exodus. Gas money is something you'll need to buy. No need to overdo it — I believe exodus had a $30 minimum, and at .14 per transfer, that stretches a really long way lol. On exodus, almost everything guides you through step by step as you go. Hopefully that's useful.
Gas on BTC? That doesn't make sense. Bitcoin doesn't have gas—the fees get paid directly in BTC.
 
kugelblitz said:

CherokeeSunshine said:

Rag77 said:

Good evening everyone,

After going through the various crypto threads, I have to admit I'm still somewhat lost. So far I've installed coinbase, exodus, and trust. From what I gathered, the approach is to purchase on coinbase and then move it over to a trust or exodus wallet. My question is whether it's possible to simply buy bitcoin, USDC, and USDT directly within the trust app wallet. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
To be honest, exodus ended up being the simplest option in my experience. My route was buying BTC with cashapp, then transferring it over to exodus. Gas money is something you'll need to buy. No need to overdo it — I believe exodus had a $30 minimum, and at .14 per transfer, that stretches a really long way lol. On exodus, almost everything guides you through step by step as you go. Hopefully that's useful.
Gas on BTC? That doesn't make sense. Bitcoin doesn't have gas—the fees get paid directly in BTC.
What I mean is that if your funds are sitting in ETH, not every vendor accepts BTC.
 
RavenHair43 said:

I basically spent time tinkering with it....$5 in one spot, $10 in another on Exodus. After a few months of messing around, I got the hang of it, and just placed my first crypto buy a couple of days ago. The entire process had me nervous, but it turned out smooth and simple. At this point I'm finally sure enough to make lots of purchases with crypto from here on out!
I got nervous about it as well lol after my initial buy, I relaxed a lot 😅 I was definitely overcomplicating things
 
CherokeeSunshine said:

RavenHair43 said:

I basically spent time tinkering with it....$5 in one spot, $10 in another on Exodus. After a few months of messing around, I got the hang of it, and just placed my first crypto buy a couple of days ago. The entire process had me nervous, but it turned out smooth and simple. At this point I'm finally sure enough to make lots of purchases with crypto from here on out!
I got nervous about it as well lol after my initial buy, I relaxed a lot 😅 I was definitely overcomplicating things
I'm doing the exact same thing!! Way too much overthinking on my part....
 
Since I'd already set up a Coinbase account back during the covid days, that was the simplest route for me to send money to vendors. The problem with most crypto wallet apps is that they can hold you up for as long as a week while your account gets verified, which clearly makes buying your peps right away a real hassle. If you've already got cashapp, my advice is to just use that! And if you ever go through BFF, he takes Zelle payments too
 
Went with Revolut because it was easy, but the fees are ridiculous. Plus, every now and then they just stop my payments with no explanation.
 
Back
Top