Complete beginner—how do I get started?

wanna-lose-gut

Explorer
Joined
Feb 8, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest
I’ve looked around and attempted a fair amount of reading here, but I haven’t gotten anywhere useful. If someone has zero experience with peptides or anything similar, where should they turn to pick up the basics? I’d rather not blow 100’s of dollars only to back out lol.. does anyone have particular threads that were useful to them?
 
wanna-lose-gut said:

I’ve looked around and attempted a fair amount of reading here, but I haven’t gotten anywhere useful. If someone has zero experience with peptides or anything similar, where should they turn to pick up the basics? I’d rather not blow 100’s of dollars only to back out lol.. does anyone have particular threads that were useful to them?

Tell us a bit about your goal and you'll likely receive helpful responses. Trying to shed pounds? Gaining muscle? For health purposes?

Try searching for newbie or noob, and chances are you'll come across others who've posed the same questions.
 
For many people, the simplest route to gaining some understanding is simply to browse the threads and go through a large number of them. You'll come across a wide range of experiences, and ideally, you'll stumble upon the answers you're seeking along the way. This community deliberately steers clear of suggesting vendors or offering beginner guides, because consuming a lot of material provides a far more comprehensive picture of the landscape. That way, when the moment arrives to purchase peptides or begin using them, you're less likely to be scammed or to injure yourself through ignorance about safe mixing and dosing of peptides.
 
Why is it that Stairway to Grey's site rarely comes up in this community when someone asks where to begin? Isn't that basically what STG is for — "if you're clueless about grey, start with these fundamentals"? Sure, some folks have issues with whoever manages those sites, but when I last checked, the material seemed reliable.
 
Put in hours watching YouTube content about peptides. Pose your questions to ChatGPT, or even better, Perplexity, if you're after solid answers on studies, side effects, and efficacy. After that, return here once you've figured out what you're looking for.
 
You're definitely not alone in this. Personally, my main goal is dropping weight. About 8 months back I had a compound fracture in my right leg, right above the ankle, and I gained close to 50 lbs. On top of that, I'm 6'7" and used to lift weights, so retatrutide appeals to me because it helps preserve muscle. Right now I'm just observing and picking things up. Setting up a crypto wallet, reading about other people's results and different vendors. I don't want to hurry into this, but I completely get the frustration you're feeling!
 
randompersonrandom said:

Why is it that Stairway to Grey's site rarely comes up in this community when someone asks where to begin? Isn't that basically what STG is for — "if you're clueless about grey, start with these fundamentals"? Sure, some folks have issues with whoever manages those sites, but when I last checked, the material seemed reliable.
I'm in full agreement—I've gone through all the content on that site multiple times over. For anyone interested in finding out about the grey market, it's a fantastic place to begin.

As always, you've nailed it!
 
Not sure my 2 cents carry much weight, because I'm in the same boat — a noob just beginning to learn. This is straight off the top of my head and nowhere near complete.

Above all else, never put your trust in just 1 person, source, or thing. There's profit to be had around here. When money enters the picture, people pull some wild stunts. Wanting someone to walk you through it seems like a guaranteed way to get steered right off a cliff.

A few things worth thinking about:

  • What you're after, the reason you're after it, and how you got here in the first place.
  • What level of risk can you tolerate? Only part with money you're fine losing. Make yourself a budget or something.
A simple list of stuff to nail down:

  • Which medications exist
  • How they basically function and what to anticipate
  • Paying
  • Getting your product tested
2 sections I'd point you toward:

  • Featured Posts - Solid advice sits in there to keep in mind while you sort things out.
  • Supplies and Accessories - Should you keep going, this is about as fundamental and broadly applicable as it gets.
Watch out for the jargon (tons of terms you won't recognize), and watch out for the hammer (peptides aren't a cure-all).
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

randompersonrandom said:

Why is it that Stairway to Grey's site rarely comes up in this community when someone asks where to begin? Isn't that basically what STG is for — "if you're clueless about grey, start with these fundamentals"? Sure, some folks have issues with whoever manages those sites, but when I last checked, the material seemed reliable.
I'm in full agreement—I've gone through all the content on that site multiple times over. For anyone interested in finding out about the grey market, it's a fantastic place to begin.

As always, you've nailed it!
I've gone through a lot of what you've written haha-- I only know it's you from your avatar. So thanks for everything you've added.
 
STG is definitely a solid place to look, no argument there.

On here? Just go through the threads. Try searching with terms pulled from posts and discussions that seem relevant or grab your interest.

One thing though: don't lean on ChatGPT. It can work for broad, surface-level stuff, but I never treat it as my main source or my only one. My approach is to ask it yes/no questions, then keep digging past whatever it tells me.

Biggest tip: don't rush it.
 
MeedzMoar said:

STG is definitely a solid place to look, no argument there.

On here? Just go through the threads. Try searching with terms pulled from posts and discussions that seem relevant or grab your interest.

One thing though: don't lean on ChatGPT. It can work for broad, surface-level stuff, but I never treat it as my main source or my only one. My approach is to ask it yes/no questions, then keep digging past whatever it tells me.

Biggest tip: don't rush it.

Honestly, I’m happy you raised that point; I believe there’s a smart approach to leaning on ChatGPT a lot while figuring something out, since that’s exactly what I do constantly and the number of times I’ve made a fool of myself by trusting garbage is pretty small. I pose the question to the lying machine, receive that broad summary, then take anything that came across as assured and tell it: “Point me to where people actually said this,” after which I check those references to confirm whether that’s really what was stated.

By chance, that’s the route that led me to THIS place. It also beats searching Google, because it doesn’t depend on me already knowing the right phrases to type in and then getting hit with 12,000 results that miss what I’m after.
 
wanna-lose-gut said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

randompersonrandom said:

Why is it that Stairway to Grey's site rarely comes up in this community when someone asks where to begin? Isn't that basically what STG is for — "if you're clueless about grey, start with these fundamentals"? Sure, some folks have issues with whoever manages those sites, but when I last checked, the material seemed reliable.
I'm in full agreement—I've gone through all the content on that site multiple times over. For anyone interested in finding out about the grey market, it's a fantastic place to begin.

As always, you've nailed it!
I've gone through a lot of what you've written haha-- I only know it's you from your avatar. So thanks for everything you've added.
🤗🤪🫠
 
Just going off the OP's username, I'd figure this is about losing weight. If that's the case, you've basically got 3 choices: sema, tirz, or reta. Around here, reta tends to be the favorite, though tirz is simpler to obtain since telehealth providers offer it. You'll pay a premium that way, but they can set you up with an initial supply and give you some oversight from a medical professional.

After you've gotten used to that, you could explore the grey market. I'm only bringing that up because you're still figuring things out.

That's the path most of us here took for weight loss. Of course, I'm making assumptions—apologies if I've misread the situation.
 
randompersonrandom said:

MeedzMoar said:

STG is definitely a solid place to look, no argument there.

On here? Just go through the threads. Try searching with terms pulled from posts and discussions that seem relevant or grab your interest.

One thing though: don't lean on ChatGPT. It can work for broad, surface-level stuff, but I never treat it as my main source or my only one. My approach is to ask it yes/no questions, then keep digging past whatever it tells me.

Biggest tip: don't rush it.

Honestly, I’m happy you raised that point; I believe there’s a smart approach to leaning on ChatGPT a lot while figuring something out, since that’s exactly what I do constantly and the number of times I’ve made a fool of myself by trusting garbage is pretty small. I pose the question to the lying machine, receive that broad summary, then take anything that came across as assured and tell it: “Point me to where people actually said this,” after which I check those references to confirm whether that’s really what was stated.

By chance, that’s the route that led me to THIS place. It also beats searching Google, because it doesn’t depend on me already knowing the right phrases to type in and then getting hit with 12,000 results that miss what I’m after.
That's a smart concept. I've mostly kept my prompts broader, just telling it to present evidence that contradicts its own claims. Your method is better. Stronger prompt.
 
For in-depth, mature conversations, GLP1Chat can't be beat—so make this your regular stop for learning.

That said, a few other spots work well as entry points: the "guides" over at STG (stairway to grey), quallіgator's "How-To for the New," and the "Start Here" posts inside peppys' Newbie Launchpad. Each one varies somewhat from the others; that's fine, and over time you'll get a feel for what level of risk you're comfortable with.
 
wanna-lose-gut said:

I’ve looked around and attempted a fair amount of reading here, but I haven’t gotten anywhere useful. If someone has zero experience with peptides or anything similar, where should they turn to pick up the basics? I’d rather not blow 100’s of dollars only to back out lol.. does anyone have particular threads that were useful to them?



Image unavailable



Pep-Pedia — Peer-Reviewed Peptide Research Platform



A platform for peptide research that is peer-reviewed. Content is validated by clinicians and researchers, while the community can submit corrections. Real-world usage data covering 75+ peptides is surfaced through a mobile app. Dosing protocols, pharmacokinetics, and clinical references — combining the best of scientific evidence with real-world experience.

Image unavailable


pep-pedia.org
 
chunkyTN said:

wanna-lose-gut said:

I’ve looked around and attempted a fair amount of reading here, but I haven’t gotten anywhere useful. If someone has zero experience with peptides or anything similar, where should they turn to pick up the basics? I’d rather not blow 100’s of dollars only to back out lol.. does anyone have particular threads that were useful to them?

Tell us a bit about your goal and you'll likely receive helpful responses. Trying to shed pounds? Gaining muscle? For health purposes?

Try searching for newbie or noob, and chances are you'll come across others who've posed the same questions.
My mistake, you're correct--

My goal is fat loss while preserving muscle.. Reta has caught my attention.

indolent said:

For in-depth, mature conversations, GLP1Chat can't be beat—so make this your regular stop for learning.

That said, a few other spots work well as entry points: the "guides" over at STG (stairway to grey), quallіgator's "How-To for the New," and the "Start Here" posts inside peppys' Newbie Launchpad. Each one varies somewhat from the others; that's fine, and over time you'll get a feel for what level of risk you're comfortable with.
That helped a lot, much appreciated
 
wanna-lose-gut said:

chunkyTN said:

wanna-lose-gut said:

I’ve looked around and attempted a fair amount of reading here, but I haven’t gotten anywhere useful. If someone has zero experience with peptides or anything similar, where should they turn to pick up the basics? I’d rather not blow 100’s of dollars only to back out lol.. does anyone have particular threads that were useful to them?

Tell us a bit about your goal and you'll likely receive helpful responses. Trying to shed pounds? Gaining muscle? For health purposes?

Try searching for newbie or noob, and chances are you'll come across others who've posed the same questions.
My mistake, you're correct--

My goal is fat loss while preserving muscle.. Reta has caught my attention.

indolent said:

For in-depth, mature conversations, GLP1Chat can't be beat—so make this your regular stop for learning.

That said, a few other spots work well as entry points: the "guides" over at STG (stairway to grey), quallіgator's "How-To for the New," and the "Start Here" posts inside peppys' Newbie Launchpad. Each one varies somewhat from the others; that's fine, and over time you'll get a feel for what level of risk you're comfortable with.
That helped a lot, much appreciated

Just my .02 here. Sema is what costs the least. It's a decent starting point, and it leaves you room to move up later.

A kit with 10 vials at 10mg of sema runs roughly $50. The starting dose is .25. If things go well on it, that kit can stretch a year. These days I mostly keep it as a base, then add a tirz dose as a topper midway through the week. Reta I'm holding back for future burn out, in case I need it.

Opinions may vary tho.
 
chunkyTN said:

wanna-lose-gut said:

chunkyTN said:

wanna-lose-gut said:

I’ve looked around and attempted a fair amount of reading here, but I haven’t gotten anywhere useful. If someone has zero experience with peptides or anything similar, where should they turn to pick up the basics? I’d rather not blow 100’s of dollars only to back out lol.. does anyone have particular threads that were useful to them?

Tell us a bit about your goal and you'll likely receive helpful responses. Trying to shed pounds? Gaining muscle? For health purposes?

Try searching for newbie or noob, and chances are you'll come across others who've posed the same questions.
My mistake, you're correct--

My goal is fat loss while preserving muscle.. Reta has caught my attention.

indolent said:

For in-depth, mature conversations, GLP1Chat can't be beat—so make this your regular stop for learning.

That said, a few other spots work well as entry points: the "guides" over at STG (stairway to grey), quallіgator's "How-To for the New," and the "Start Here" posts inside peppys' Newbie Launchpad. Each one varies somewhat from the others; that's fine, and over time you'll get a feel for what level of risk you're comfortable with.
That helped a lot, much appreciated

Just my .02 here. Sema is what costs the least. It's a decent starting point, and it leaves you room to move up later.

A kit with 10 vials at 10mg of sema runs roughly $50. The starting dose is .25. If things go well on it, that kit can stretch a year. These days I mostly keep it as a base, then add a tirz dose as a topper midway through the week. Reta I'm holding back for future burn out, in case I need it.

Opinions may vary tho.
My view may be skewed since low-dose semaglutide gave me nausea and malaise for a full year, until I found cheaper Chinese peptides; after that, Tirzepatide caused me almost no side effects. Still, at this point I genuinely don't consider semaglutide a good first choice.

The only advantage semaglutide has is that it costs the least. With better drugs available at current prices, I can't see it as a worthwhile option—unless it's used as a low-dose addition on top of full doses of tirz or reta when someone needs large weight loss and full doses of reta or tirz haven't gotten them there. For people with significant heart disease or chronic kidney disease, semaglutide has stronger evidence of benefit, because it has been studied more and has been on the market longer. 15% wt loss

Tirzepatide produces fewer side effects and works better than semaglutide, so there's really no sound case for choosing sema over tirzepatide—this rests on solid science. The cost is under $5 a week /15mg unless you're buying very small vials. 20-24% wt loss

Retatrutide has less research behind it and isn't officially approved yet; it may cause slightly more side effects than Tirz, but it's more effective for weight loss. Per mg it costs a bit less than twice tirz, at $6-8/week /12mg. 25-29% wt loss

The notion that you should begin with one drug and then switch to others once it stops working is internet logic, not science. Tolerance to GLP drugs either doesn't happen or is extremely rare. There's no way to predict in advance whether it will help you lose more or less than the average amount—it just comes down to which side effects you get that might cap your doses, or whether you're more or less sensitive to the drug than average. But switching between drugs won't change that, and by using two drugs instead of one you've at least doubled your chances of an allergic reaction, with no ultimate effect on how much weight you lose or which side effects you get.

There's also no real evidence that any GLP drug is better than the others at preventing muscle loss during weight loss. Bodybuilders prefer reta, but no scientific studies show it's superior. High protein intake ( 1.2-1.6g/kg/day ) and resistance training are what make a difference; which GLP you use probably doesn't.
 
Back
Top