Complete beginner here, but I need to know: can one needle be used for several injections?

I left this out earlier: yeah, that's what I do, but the 21G needle is only for pulling the peps, and then I switch to a different 30G needle for the actual injection. Drawing and injecting with the same needle is not something I do. Because of that, I'm not worried about the needle getting dull for the injection.
 
dondada109 said:

If the same needle is used to draw from all 3 vials, you risk contaminating every one of them. That’s something I’d treat very carefully, because contamination can cause serious infections, sepsis included, and that’s a situation nobody wants to face.

For my part, I’d draw and inject with a fresh sterile needle every time, one per vial and one for the shot, even when that means spending a bit extra. Putting health and safety first matters most, particularly with research compounds or products from suppliers whose sterility and quality testing might not be fully confirmed (even more so when the exact vials and kits you have were not tested individually)

Make sure everyone hears that.

Pins don't cost much at all, people. A fresh needle for every injection, no exceptions.
 
If you draw two peptides that work together into one syringe and inject right away, you'll be fine. My bigger worry isn't my own contamination—it's messing up what's in the vials. Before sticking the needle into the second vial, I'd clean it with alcohol.

When it comes to injecting myself more than once with that same needle, that's exactly what I do every day with ghk-cu: 5 units spread across three spots.

And it's worth remembering that dermatologists will jab you repeatedly with one needle throughout a botox appointment.
 
My guess is that plenty of people here have never met an old-school type 1 diabetic - they'll poke right through unwashed clothes - jeans, sweaty t-shirts, whatever - and even reuse one needle several times. "The fat filters it all out" lol.

Possibility and probability aren't the same thing.
 
dondada109 said:

If the same needle is used to draw from all 3 vials, you risk contaminating every one of them. That’s something I’d treat very carefully, because contamination can cause serious infections, sepsis included, and that’s a situation nobody wants to face.

For my part, I’d draw and inject with a fresh sterile needle every time, one per vial and one for the shot, even when that means spending a bit extra. Putting health and safety first matters most, particularly with research compounds or products from suppliers whose sterility and quality testing might not be fully confirmed (even more so when the exact vials and kits you have were not tested individually)
Do you think it's fine to pull from more than 1 vial with the same needle, then do only 1 shot? I figure the vials are probably equally sterile. A little of one compound might end up in another. Also, every time you pierce something the needle likely dulls further. Still, you could simply swap on a fresh needle before the actual injection. Would that work and be safe?
 
laansasa said:

brah389 said:

Alright, tomorrow I begin BCP-157, TB-500, and KPV to treat an acute ankle injury (compound fracture & surgical recovery). My starting dose is 500mcg of each, taken twice daily. Is it a problem if I draw from each separate vial with the same needle and then inject everything in one go?
KLOW contains 4 components, and 3 of them are these — they're able to go into 1 vial together. A degradation test was run by Janoshik, and the results showed they remain fairly stable when combined, meaning you only need 1 pin.




View attachment 11523
100% agree with that - mix all 3 after reconstituting, and put them together into 1 vial.
 
tcpnomad said:

dondada109 said:

If the same needle is used to draw from all 3 vials, you risk contaminating every one of them. That’s something I’d treat very carefully, because contamination can cause serious infections, sepsis included, and that’s a situation nobody wants to face.

For my part, I’d draw and inject with a fresh sterile needle every time, one per vial and one for the shot, even when that means spending a bit extra. Putting health and safety first matters most, particularly with research compounds or products from suppliers whose sterility and quality testing might not be fully confirmed (even more so when the exact vials and kits you have were not tested individually)
Do you think it's fine to pull from more than 1 vial with the same needle, then do only 1 shot? I figure the vials are probably equally sterile. A little of one compound might end up in another. Also, every time you pierce something the needle likely dulls further. Still, you could simply swap on a fresh needle before the actual injection. Would that work and be safe?
If every vial were genuinely sterile and everything were done properly, then the chance of contamination when you draw from several vials with one needle might be small (though it is not zero). The catch, though, is that in most cases you cannot be sure that each vial is truly sterile.

Should just 1 vial be contaminated, reusing that same needle could carry the contamination over into the rest. For that reason, the recommended approach is to draw from each vial with a new sterile needle, and then switch to another fresh needle for the actual injection.

So technically, yes: you can pull everything into 1 syringe and do a single shot, and plenty of people do exactly that. Still, looking at it from a safety angle, I don't believe the minor savings justify the extra contamination risk, particularly with compounds like these, where sterility testing frequently isn't done on every single vial or kit, as mentioned, and on top of that the needle simply becomes dull after being pushed through 3 times in a row
 
tcpnomad said:

dondada109 said:

If the same needle is used to draw from all 3 vials, you risk contaminating every one of them. That’s something I’d treat very carefully, because contamination can cause serious infections, sepsis included, and that’s a situation nobody wants to face.

For my part, I’d draw and inject with a fresh sterile needle every time, one per vial and one for the shot, even when that means spending a bit extra. Putting health and safety first matters most, particularly with research compounds or products from suppliers whose sterility and quality testing might not be fully confirmed (even more so when the exact vials and kits you have were not tested individually)
Do you think it's fine to pull from more than 1 vial with the same needle, then do only 1 shot? I figure the vials are probably equally sterile. A little of one compound might end up in another. Also, every time you pierce something the needle likely dulls further. Still, you could simply swap on a fresh needle before the actual injection. Would that work and be safe?
Honestly, the blunt needle worries me way more than any contamination risk. Having to stick myself with something that's already dull? That sounds painful.
 
miameow said:

tcpnomad said:

dondada109 said:

If the same needle is used to draw from all 3 vials, you risk contaminating every one of them. That’s something I’d treat very carefully, because contamination can cause serious infections, sepsis included, and that’s a situation nobody wants to face.

For my part, I’d draw and inject with a fresh sterile needle every time, one per vial and one for the shot, even when that means spending a bit extra. Putting health and safety first matters most, particularly with research compounds or products from suppliers whose sterility and quality testing might not be fully confirmed (even more so when the exact vials and kits you have were not tested individually)
Do you think it's fine to pull from more than 1 vial with the same needle, then do only 1 shot? I figure the vials are probably equally sterile. A little of one compound might end up in another. Also, every time you pierce something the needle likely dulls further. Still, you could simply swap on a fresh needle before the actual injection. Would that work and be safe?
Honestly, the blunt needle worries me way more than any contamination risk. Having to stick myself with something that's already dull? That sounds painful.
Take it from me, it's painful.
 
Luer Lock syringes.

With the same 23G 1in, draw the 2 sep peps into one syringe, then immediately switch to a new 8mm 30G for a pain-free inj., bevel facing up.

Alternatively, or in addition, if the 2 peps are compatible, combine them in a single vial — there ought to be a compatibility chart somewhere out there. In my opinion, repeatedly piercing multiple vials blunts the pin, and this is even more noticeable with a higher gauge; I find they're more delicate and it will hurt, burn, sting, and occasionally lead to needless damage at the inj site.
 
Back
Top