Comparing COAs Across Different Labs

ProblemChild said:

Came across this article while beginning to learn about peptides, and I found it useful. Hopefully it helps other newcomers too.

I don't see any article attached or linked. Could this be because of the "No Source Discussion" rule...?
 
Grogu said:

ProblemChild said:

Came across this article while beginning to learn about peptides, and I found it useful. Hopefully it helps other newcomers too.

I don't see any article attached or linked. Could this be because of the "No Source Discussion" rule...?
That's a shame. Perhaps I'm still too inexperienced. I came across it on peptide critic. The article shows up when you hover over the text. Maybe someone with more experience would be nice enough to share it. 🙂
 
Grogu said:

ProblemChild said:

Came across this article while beginning to learn about peptides, and I found it useful. Hopefully it helps other newcomers too.

I don't see any article attached or linked. Could this be because of the "No Source Discussion" rule...?
For me it was fine—simply tap the blue "this article" text at the start of the first line
 
SeaGypsy said:

Grogu said:

ProblemChild said:

Came across this article while beginning to learn about peptides, and I found it useful. Hopefully it helps other newcomers too.

I don't see any article attached or linked. Could this be because of the "No Source Discussion" rule...?
For me it was fine—simply tap the blue "this article" text at the start of the first line

Appreciate it! That blue link escaped me.... could glp-1s be causing color blindness? My eyesight has been impacted by them.
 
ProblemChild said:

Grogu said:

ProblemChild said:

Came across this article while beginning to learn about peptides, and I found it useful. Hopefully it helps other newcomers too.

I don't see any article attached or linked. Could this be because of the "No Source Discussion" rule...?
That's a shame. Perhaps I'm still too inexperienced. I came across it on peptide critic. The article shows up when you hover over the text. Maybe someone with more experience would be nice enough to share it. 🙂

Nope, you got it right, I just didn't catch the blue linked text.... my vision has declined since I began glp-1s, though that's merely a cop-out.... 🤣

It would've made the article more intriguing had Krause (Finndicks' go-to lab) been part of it. They'd likely have claimed the vial contained no reta, or 3mg. 🤣
 
SeaGypsy said:

Grogu said:

ProblemChild said:

Came across this article while beginning to learn about peptides, and I found it useful. Hopefully it helps other newcomers too.

I don't see any article attached or linked. Could this be because of the "No Source Discussion" rule...?
For me it was fine—simply tap the blue "this article" text at the start of the first line
The blue one also slipped past me.
 
Grogu said:

SeaGypsy said:

Grogu said:

ProblemChild said:

Came across this article while beginning to learn about peptides, and I found it useful. Hopefully it helps other newcomers too.

I don't see any article attached or linked. Could this be because of the "No Source Discussion" rule...?
For me it was fine—simply tap the blue "this article" text at the start of the first line

Appreciate it! That blue link escaped me.... could glp-1s be causing color blindness? My eyesight has been impacted by them.
Fingers crossed mine improve too — can barely see 🤓
 
BNLFL said:

SeaGypsy said:

Grogu said:

ProblemChild said:

Came across this article while beginning to learn about peptides, and I found it useful. Hopefully it helps other newcomers too.

I don't see any article attached or linked. Could this be because of the "No Source Discussion" rule...?
For me it was fine—simply tap the blue "this article" text at the start of the first line
The blue one also slipped past me.
I put the text in bold. My hope is that this makes it easier.
 
Newsletters go out to subscribers on a regular basis from him — or more likely, it's Randy the rat who does it.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Newsletters go out to subscribers on a regular basis from him — or more likely, it's Randy the rat who does it.
Randy seems fine to me, though he's not exactly animated or talkative.
 
Appreciate you posting this! It's really helpful for figuring out what the COAs we all request actually mean.
 
A couple of their arguments do hold up: calibration matters, and fill volumes can differ even inside one kit. Where they go wrong is in judging what an honest reading of the data actually requires — they even buy into the illusion of precision those numbers project.

Let me lay out the reasoning (nothing beyond high-school math, applied to biochemistry).

Three things matter most:

1. Instrument bias: this is the reason calibration exists in the first place.

2. Uncertainty: any analytical setup shows “natural” scatter in its output. The usual practice is to report a ± figure (not one lab does this).

3. Reproducibility: you run the same source repeatedly, then compute a mean and a standard deviation (sigma). No lab brings this up.

On top of that, outcomes shift with the instrument maker, the generation of the device, which solvent is used for elution, the column type, and how concentrated the peptide is: the weaker the concentration, the more peptide — lipophilic chain and all — stays stuck to the tubing and the column (hence washing or replacing columns between runs).

Go to a reference supplier like Merck-Sigma and you’ll find aGLP-1 peptides offered at 95% or 97% purity. Check what they charge, if you want a good laugh.

The COAs floating around today ought to honestly say 99% purity rather than 99.834 or 99.971 — that’s pure sleight of hand. HPLC-UV precision lands somewhere between 0.1 and 0.5, depending on settings and how many runs you do.

Peter Magic at least admitted he reports results that way for marketing. He’s running a business, 40 employees, equipment to pay off. With 1,000 tests a day, every day of the year, I’d be shocked if they did more than a single run unless a customer requested and paid for more.

From what I know about production management in pharma, and from the information out there, I’d guess China has under ten supplier factories. Batch numbers never show up — only SKUs — so tracking stays hard. What looks increasingly clear is that each peptide gets made in just 1 or 2 batches per year. That’s why sellers hand out COAs dated 2025. Consider how many kits 10 or 20 kg can yield.

Most likely the same batch gets tested dozens or even hundreds of times. You can’t tell because of the fake precision — 4 or 5 digits where 2 significant figures belong. Testing labs keep quiet about this: it’s marketing.

At 99%, manufacturers are meeting good manufacturing practices. Their product is fine. Sterility or endotoxin problems were rare across all batches. Such problems show up in the official drug supply too, with recalls happening daily.

The one genuine issue is commercial, not a production matter: getting scammed by someone who ships mannitol with no peptide. Luckily, buyer reviews here help you dodge that.
 
A Reddit link here provides a summary of a Janoshik YT interview.

TLDR:

Janoshik got its start largely by chance, yet grew into one of the primary labs for peptide testing. According to Peter, peptides now account for 70–80% of their business, roughly 100 peptide samples a day are processed, and the key point is: blind/community testing matters way more than trusting vendor COAs.
 
Back
Top