Compact Fridges for Peptide Storage

FunkyWhales78

Explorer
Joined
Aug 19, 2026
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
For anyone who would rather not store pens/vials in the household fridge, I figured I would post this. There are a few reasons I don't want a bunch of pens sitting in our main fridge, so I'd been hunting for a very small unit that could live in another room.

The first one has already gone back to Amazon. All the warnings I'd seen online about thermoelectric mini fridges failing to reach a low enough temperature should have been enough for me, but being in the UK I wanted to check it myself. The cupboard I placed it in was clearly too warm, and I'm relieved I put a min/max thermometer inside before loading any peptides into it, because it would have been pointless.

Small fridges marketed as medical fridges looked appealing, but the ones I found were either priced above what I was willing to spend or had only a handful of mediocre reviews.

That led me to order an Alpicool C9PT 9L camping fridge, which is advertised as freezing down to -20°C. With any luck it will do what I need. It seems to be an older model, but I managed to pick it up for £60 ($80) at what looks like a real discount. I wasn't expecting a proper compressor fridge at that price.

For those of you running a separate small fridge just for peptides - what are you using?
 
I keep a 1.1 cu ft mini freezer, which reaches -18-F,/-28 but can get down to -20*F when paired with a external wifi thermometer and a app. Reta is the only thing stored inside.





8a025e6d4f54c82ce124402fc3394a9080d374cf323113b027e93abccc550138.webp


a05684fb8aeeca2301f0ce4c8c7fe6b1a5de53a101dabba77c8e4f11bad6845c.webp
 
BNLFL said:

I keep a 1.1 cu ft mini freezer, which reaches -18-F,/-28 but can get down to -20*F when paired with a external wifi thermometer and a app. Reta is the only thing stored inside.





/

/
Beyond just a photo of your little novelty fridge, how about sharing one of the fridge you actually use for your peptides too? 🤣 🤣
 
BNLFL said:

I keep a 1.1 cu ft mini freezer, which reaches -18-F,/-28 but can get down to -20*F when paired with a external wifi thermometer and a app. Reta is the only thing stored inside.





/

/
Oh?... So what happens to the rest of your peptides?... 😳

🤣🤣🤣😎
 
The thread carries the name "Fridges," but somehow the conversation keeps drifting toward freezers.

Down in the bar, at the bottom of the wine fridge, that's where my pens live. A handful of lyophilized vials waiting to be reconstituted sit there too. It all slides right into the dead space beneath the lowest pull-out rack. Funny enough, that's the same spot my wife once used for the boxes of fancy chocolates she'd haul home from Ireland.

From the Amazborg I picked up a neat little tray — it comes with a silicone section meant for vials, and I cut most of that away so 8 pens would fit. Nobody ever spots it; it's that inconspicuous.

As for the lyophilized 'tides, they stay in the basement fridge inside Hydrapeak thermoses. A Govee wireless thermometer watches over them, firing off emails and push alerts any time the freezer enters defrost mode, or if the plumber pulls the plug to reach a pipe running behind the freezer (yep, that actually occurred). The Hydrapeaks are tucked in among 2 cows and 1/2 a pig. The cows went by Bonnie and Clyde, and the pig was Wilbur.

26af56b5c2f36eaa494474433c1a25499253b7293da01183ee43270ab07be80d.webp40c40026f187d2428b73941fcdfbacf762706a5154419478b8aebdf0bae26c2f.webpf25f3aacc69969c74a03a34af238d7a726ebe9d4e9396e42f55ed5a2f17b16e7.webpe63673632a6ca97fae57101d124388693e5ad41c56cc49b936dd8dd2cdd71596.webp
 
deluge said:

The thread carries the name "Fridges," but somehow the conversation keeps drifting toward freezers.

Down in the bar, at the bottom of the wine fridge, that's where my pens live. A handful of lyophilized vials waiting to be reconstituted sit there too. It all slides right into the dead space beneath the lowest pull-out rack. Funny enough, that's the same spot my wife once used for the boxes of fancy chocolates she'd haul home from Ireland.

From the Amazborg I picked up a neat little tray — it comes with a silicone section meant for vials, and I cut most of that away so 8 pens would fit. Nobody ever spots it; it's that inconspicuous.

As for the lyophilized 'tides, they stay in the basement fridge inside Hydrapeak thermoses. A Govee wireless thermometer watches over them, firing off emails and push alerts any time the freezer enters defrost mode, or if the plumber pulls the plug to reach a pipe running behind the freezer (yep, that actually occurred). The Hydrapeaks are tucked in among 2 cows and 1/2 a pig. The cows went by Bonnie and Clyde, and the pig was Wilbur.

////

The photo at the bottom is...concerning.
 
The cleanliness visible behind that photo likely wouldn't pass FDA requirements.

Still, mini fridges aren't all that bad. I picked up an inexpensive one on amazon, and while it makes more noise than I'd prefer and isn't especially energy efficient, it is small and affordable, and it holds peptides at roughly fridge temperature even at 5 degrees rather than 4, plus it can keep a few cans of pepsi max chilled alongside some peptides.
 
When the room gets warm, a compressor model tends to beat the thermoelectric kind, since it generally keeps the cold more consistent. Put an inexpensive min/max thermometer inside for 24 hours and target the range listed on the vial or pen insert, which is often about 2–8°C for fridge storage. Once reconstituted, these products usually shouldn't be frozen, and having a separate small fridge means the temperature won't swing each time somebody goes digging in the kitchen.
 
I tried out a mini fridge that had pretty good reviews, but my max min thermometer never went below 10, which is why I returned it to Amazon!
 
skaylife said:

Beyond just a photo of your little novelty fridge, how about sharing one of the fridge you actually use for your peptides too? 🤣 🤣
Take a look at what's below. Besides this small unit, I also have 2 fridge/freezers — 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the garage. This little one sits in the laundry room.

Flash-BCR said:

Oh?... So what happens to the rest of your peptides?... 😳

🤣🤣🤣😎
That thing could fit 675 vials without trouble, or 68 kits.

deluge said:

The thread carries the name "Fridges," but somehow the conversation keeps drifting toward freezers.

Down in the bar, at the bottom of the wine fridge, that's where my pens live. A handful of lyophilized vials waiting to be reconstituted sit there too. It all slides right into the dead space beneath the lowest pull-out rack. Funny enough, that's the same spot my wife once used for the boxes of fancy chocolates she'd haul home from Ireland.

From the Amazborg I picked up a neat little tray — it comes with a silicone section meant for vials, and I cut most of that away so 8 pens would fit. Nobody ever spots it; it's that inconspicuous.

As for the lyophilized 'tides, they stay in the basement fridge inside Hydrapeak thermoses. A Govee wireless thermometer watches over them, firing off emails and push alerts any time the freezer enters defrost mode, or if the plumber pulls the plug to reach a pipe running behind the freezer (yep, that actually occurred). The Hydrapeaks are tucked in among 2 cows and 1/2 a pig. The cows went by Bonnie and Clyde, and the pig was Wilbur.

////
Yeah, I get that, but here's what they stated below. -20*C=-4*F.

FunkyWhales78 said:

For anyone who would rather not store pens/vials in the household fridge, I figured I would post this. There are a few reasons I don't want a bunch of pens sitting in our main fridge, so I'd been hunting for a very small unit that could live in another room.

The first one has already gone back to Amazon. All the warnings I'd seen online about thermoelectric mini fridges failing to reach a low enough temperature should have been enough for me, but being in the UK I wanted to check it myself. The cupboard I placed it in was clearly too warm, and I'm relieved I put a min/max thermometer inside before loading any peptides into it, because it would have been pointless.

Small fridges marketed as medical fridges looked appealing, but the ones I found were either priced above what I was willing to spend or had only a handful of mediocre reviews.

That led me to order an Alpicool C9PT 9L camping fridge, which is advertised as freezing down to -20°C. With any luck it will do what I need. It seems to be an older model, but I managed to pick it up for £60 ($80) at what looks like a real discount. I wasn't expecting a proper compressor fridge at that price.

For those of you running a separate small fridge just for peptides - what are you using?
 
BNLFL said:

Take a look at what's below. Besides this small unit, I also have 2 fridge/freezers — 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the garage. This little one sits in the laundry room.


That thing could fit 675 vials without trouble, or 68 kits.


Yeah, I get that, but here's what they stated below. -20*C=-4*F.

675 vials? In your opinion, how long can they stay good while frozen?
 
FunkyWhales78 said:

675 vials? In your opinion, how long can they stay good while frozen?
There is no definitive answer that anyone can give. According to Peter Magic of Janoshik testing, it could be decades — though nobody can be 100% certain. Reta is the only thing I use, and I freeze only the lyophilized powder. As for the reconstituted product, typically 2 vials are kept in the fridge.
 
FunkyWhales78 said:

The photo at the bottom is...concerning.
I'm aware of that. In fact, that's precisely the situation I encountered in the kitchens of the neighborhood restaurants where I ate during my 2 yrs working in China. (I'll concede that the Western hotels were somewhat better than that.)

lessthanhalf said:

The cleanliness visible behind that photo likely wouldn't pass FDA requirements.

Still, mini fridges aren't all that bad. I picked up an inexpensive one on amazon, and while it makes more noise than I'd prefer and isn't especially energy efficient, it is small and affordable, and it holds peptides at roughly fridge temperature even at 5 degrees rather than 4, plus it can keep a few cans of pepsi max chilled alongside some peptides.
Do you mean the picture of the Amazon BAC water production facility, or the photo of my bar? Or both? Just so you know, my bar gets an alcohol bath every day! (and quite often sour mix as well). 🤣
 
deluge said:

The thread carries the name "Fridges," but somehow the conversation keeps drifting toward freezers.

Down in the bar, at the bottom of the wine fridge, that's where my pens live. A handful of lyophilized vials waiting to be reconstituted sit there too. It all slides right into the dead space beneath the lowest pull-out rack. Funny enough, that's the same spot my wife once used for the boxes of fancy chocolates she'd haul home from Ireland.

From the Amazborg I picked up a neat little tray — it comes with a silicone section meant for vials, and I cut most of that away so 8 pens would fit. Nobody ever spots it; it's that inconspicuous.

As for the lyophilized 'tides, they stay in the basement fridge inside Hydrapeak thermoses. A Govee wireless thermometer watches over them, firing off emails and push alerts any time the freezer enters defrost mode, or if the plumber pulls the plug to reach a pipe running behind the freezer (yep, that actually occurred). The Hydrapeaks are tucked in among 2 cows and 1/2 a pig. The cows went by Bonnie and Clyde, and the pig was Wilbur.

////
What's your take on the Govee? I came close to buying one, but since I've got the Govee 200' light kit installed on my house, I didn't want to mix the two up.

FunkyWhales78 said:

675 vials? In your opinion, how long can they stay good while frozen?
Truth is, I don't hold that many. At the moment I've got 470. That 675 figure is what would fit inside that small 1.1 cu ft unit.
 
deluge said:

I'm aware of that. In fact, that's precisely the situation I encountered in the kitchens of the neighborhood restaurants where I ate during my 2 yrs working in China. (I'll concede that the Western hotels were somewhat better than that.)


Do you mean the picture of the Amazon BAC water production facility, or the photo of my bar? Or both? Just so you know, my bar gets an alcohol bath every day! (and quite often sour mix as well). 🤣
That bar setup tells me you've got some seriously refined taste. Any cocktails you're particularly fond of?

During the summer, every Saturday night I put together mojitos using mint from my wife's garden. Since she grows basil too, I've also been whipping up gin basil smashes. When fall and winter roll around, I'll switch over to negronis and old-fashioneds.
 
Troposphere said:

That bar setup tells me you've got some seriously refined taste. Any cocktails you're particularly fond of?

During the summer, every Saturday night I put together mojitos using mint from my wife's garden. Since she grows basil too, I've also been whipping up gin basil smashes. When fall and winter roll around, I'll switch over to negronis and old-fashioneds.
Usually I keep it simple — Togo's Hill straight up, or with a bit of Grand Marnier over ice. (Togo might ring a bell from that Dog Thread you started!)

A Negroni is high on my list, though once I've had #3 or so, karaoke tends to break out unplanned...

In summer, when watermelon is in season, it's the Captain's Wife (that's the Merchant's Wife, only with Grand Marnier swapped in for the Simple Syrup).

Since we've got basil coming out of our ears, I need to track down the Gin Basil Smash recipe before tonight! Appreciate it!
 
deluge said:

Usually I keep it simple — Togo's Hill straight up, or with a bit of Grand Marnier over ice. (Togo might ring a bell from that Dog Thread you started!)

A Negroni is high on my list, though once I've had #3 or so, karaoke tends to break out unplanned...

In summer, when watermelon is in season, it's the Captain's Wife (that's the Merchant's Wife, only with Grand Marnier swapped in for the Simple Syrup).

Since we've got basil coming out of our ears, I need to track down the Gin Basil Smash recipe before tonight! Appreciate it!
That sounds great! I'll be adding it to the recipe book.

deluge said:

Usually I keep it simple — Togo's Hill straight up, or with a bit of Grand Marnier over ice. (Togo might ring a bell from that Dog Thread you started!)

A Negroni is high on my list, though once I've had #3 or so, karaoke tends to break out unplanned...

In summer, when watermelon is in season, it's the Captain's Wife (that's the Merchant's Wife, only with Grand Marnier swapped in for the Simple Syrup).

Since we've got basil coming out of our ears, I need to track down the Gin Basil Smash recipe before tonight! Appreciate it!
Tell me how it turns out! Don't skip a generous basil sprig on top for serving!
 
kraken spotted! kraken rum is best rum.

Mine is a cheap thermoelectric unit, and its rating claimed it could get as much as 35 degrees under ambient. My house sits around 72-74 during summer and roughly 68 in winter, so my thinking was that if it performs as advertised, that works. Once it arrived I put a thermometer in it: the rear area was good, while the front was questionable (a door rack, which everyone knows is the least reliable spot regardless). So the peps I'm actively using go toward the back, and pep pucks on deck sit in the door rack. As for the reta hoard and anything I'm not currently taking, that lives in an insulated cooler inside the feezer.
 
Back
Top