Colored labels turned out to be a bigger help than I thought

maayws

Explorer
Joined
May 22, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
new york
A small organizing change that caught me off guard by how much I like it.

I got some colored labels and put them to use in my kitchen so I could keep better tabs on what food I have. Green marks the healthier picks, red marks whatever needs to be eaten first, and black is for meal prep.

The label maker I have is a NIIMBOT M2, and the main reason I went with it is that I can pick my own colors and make each label stand out.

It may not sound like much, but keeping my fridge tidier has made me more deliberate about what I eat.
 
This brings back the time I attempted to save money by picking up a $10 bluetooth label printer from aliexpress, it had a cat design. that thing was the worst piece of tech I have ever touched, and my original idea was to put labels on my peptides so I wouldn't take the wrong dosage. haha, lesson learned, I won't be going cheap again.
 
maayws said:

A small organizing change that caught me off guard by how much I like it.

I got some colored labels and put them to use in my kitchen so I could keep better tabs on what food I have. Green marks the healthier picks, red marks whatever needs to be eaten first, and black is for meal prep.

The label maker I have is a NIIMBOT M2, and the main reason I went with it is that I can pick my own colors and make each label stand out.

It may not sound like much, but keeping my fridge tidier has made me more deliberate about what I eat.
Watch out—what started as a fun labeling habit ended up becoming my job 😂
 
DingoXL said:

maayws said:

A small organizing change that caught me off guard by how much I like it.

I got some colored labels and put them to use in my kitchen so I could keep better tabs on what food I have. Green marks the healthier picks, red marks whatever needs to be eaten first, and black is for meal prep.

The label maker I have is a NIIMBOT M2, and the main reason I went with it is that I can pick my own colors and make each label stand out.

It may not sound like much, but keeping my fridge tidier has made me more deliberate about what I eat.
Watch out—what started as a fun labeling habit ended up becoming my job 😂
The drink variants are my favorite!
 
I picked up a niimbot for putting labels on vials, but now I keep spotting other things around me that could use a label too! The thought of using colors to organize food really appeals to me as well
 
shuaiby said:

This brings back the time I attempted to save money by picking up a $10 bluetooth label printer from aliexpress, it had a cat design. that thing was the worst piece of tech I have ever touched, and my original idea was to put labels on my peptides so I wouldn't take the wrong dosage. haha, lesson learned, I won't be going cheap again.
Haha, I get exactly what you're saying. Cheap label makers have been a letdown for me as well.

Take a look at the NIIMBOT M2. Yes, it costs more, but in my experience it earns that price. The printing comes out noticeably sharper, and the device feels far sturdier.

When the labels matter, spending on a model that gets the job done seems like the smarter move
 
DingoXL said:

maayws said:

A small organizing change that caught me off guard by how much I like it.

I got some colored labels and put them to use in my kitchen so I could keep better tabs on what food I have. Green marks the healthier picks, red marks whatever needs to be eaten first, and black is for meal prep.

The label maker I have is a NIIMBOT M2, and the main reason I went with it is that I can pick my own colors and make each label stand out.

It may not sound like much, but keeping my fridge tidier has made me more deliberate about what I eat.
Watch out—what started as a fun labeling habit ended up becoming my job 😂
Haha, you're telling me too late — I'm pretty sure I've already ended up in that same spot 😂 Never thought I'd find labeling this entertaining or this hard to stop.
 
therealtpain said:

I picked up a niimbot for putting labels on vials, but now I keep spotting other things around me that could use a label too! The thought of using colors to organize food really appeals to me as well
Haha, that’s precisely how it went for me 😂 At first I only used a handful of labels, but before long I was spotting all sorts of items at home that could use some organizing.

For food, the color-coding has made a big difference as well — it’s great for glancing at what’s on hand and figuring out what needs to be eaten soonest.
 
Back
Top