Coinbase purchase then transfer to Exodus compared with buying straight from Exodus

My experience was moving funds from Kraken over to Exodus, and everything went smoothly. The only extra step was swapping my Solana into BTC, but overall the process was quite simple.
 
My USDT was still locked up for 7 days…

I’ve spent weeks going back and forth on this. Coinbase, Exodus, and most recently Trust Wallet have all been tested by me. Trust Wallet comes out on top for simplicity. You can cover the “Gas” fees directly from the USDT balance you’re already spending. It gets called “gassless,” but that’s not accurate — the difference is you don’t need to go buy gas separately, which removes a step. On top of that, Trust Wallet supports far more payment methods. Over on Exodus, Moonpay is the provider. With Moonpay, debit card or bank account only works for small orders. Once the purchase is large, Venmo or PayPal becomes mandatory, and both of those carry hefty fees. This morning I bought $1500 USDT through Exodus, and the fees came to $150 because Moonpay forced me onto Venmo.

Trust Wallet is way easier and cheaper.

Right now I’m looking into Oobit for buying Crypto, since it supposedly has the cheapest rates. 2% and no transfer fees and it can go right to you Trust Wallet from what I am reading..
 
A vendor that supports more than USDT would presumably be simpler than putting up with all the USDT complications. Paying 2% in fees and calling that a bargain doesn't strike me as a good experience.
 
woundcarping said:

A vendor that supports more than USDT would presumably be simpler than putting up with all the USDT complications. Paying 2% in fees and calling that a bargain doesn't strike me as a good experience.
Bitcoin is accepted by my vendor too, though the fees for bitcoin are much higher… honestly, aside from USDC on Coinbase, I can’t think of any fees below 2%.
 
Glad to say that Trust wallet beats Exodus when it comes to ease of use. Even so, buying USDT Solana there still costs 4.5%. I really need to track down a less expensive route for getting USDT Solana…
 
Back
Top