CN shipper asking for phone number

blenderbottle

Explorer
Joined
Feb 4, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
CA
hello,

Has a shipper from CN ever asked any of you for a phone number?

Is that something customs requires? If anyone can explain this, I'd really appreciate it
 
blenderbottle said:

hello,

Has a shipper from CN ever asked any of you for a phone number?

Is that something customs requires? If anyone can explain this, I'd really appreciate it
Most of the time, this happens because of their shipping method. As far as I know, Fedex? needs a phone number.
 
blenderbottle said:

hello,

Has a shipper from CN ever asked any of you for a phone number?

Is that something customs requires? If anyone can explain this, I'd really appreciate it
That hasn't happened to me. That said, I keep a second Google number just for buying things — I never pick it up, and anything left gets transcribed and sent to my email. Watch out for identity theft, particularly given the kinds of markets we're involved in. 😉
 
Yeah. While it isn't the norm, reputable CN suppliers have asked for a phone number to handle shipping. I don't know why they needed it. My guess is it served as a way to reach people in case their Discord or TG accounts were taken down.
 
CandyCap said:

blenderbottle said:

hello,

Has a shipper from CN ever asked any of you for a phone number?

Is that something customs requires? If anyone can explain this, I'd really appreciate it
Most of the time, this happens because of their shipping method. As far as I know, Fedex? needs a phone number.
Yeah, it looks like a common thing to see in the "how to order from us" sections of the ads...
 
blenderbottle said:

Will they really ring that number? Or is it just a formality?
It's somewhat similar to getting an email request during checkout... Apart from MIX, whose ordering preference is email, no vendor has ever emailed me either...
 
This morning I placed an order through ERP, and my phone number was requested. My guess is that it's required for delivery purposes.
 
SoCalGirl said:

blenderbottle said:

hello,

Has a shipper from CN ever asked any of you for a phone number?

Is that something customs requires? If anyone can explain this, I'd really appreciate it
That hasn't happened to me. That said, I keep a second Google number just for buying things — I never pick it up, and anything left gets transcribed and sent to my email. Watch out for identity theft, particularly given the kinds of markets we're involved in. 😉
That's exactly why I keep a Google Voice number on hand.
 
Same situation applies to other items, and possibly a GB as well. Nothing out of the ordinary. The reason is that the courier may need to reach you for directions.
 
Back
Top