CJC/IPA Vs HGH

tomokkerpro

Explorer
Joined
Feb 16, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Liverpool
I've been on HGH for several months, but with prices going up I'm thinking about making the change to CJC/IPA. Has anyone else made that switch, or gone the other direction, and got anything to share?

Over on Reddit or Meso, the general view seems to be that HGH is basically The Holy Grail!

37m, and not using Test, in case that matters!
 
I'm the reverse case. TRT is already part of my routine. I'm at 45mm and I hit heavy lighting more than 3x per week. CJC/IPA is something I've only recently begun. Come fall or early winter, I'm planning a blast that includes GH.

Since CJC/IPA pushes your body's own GH output, insulin sensitivity matters a lot. What that means is no food for hours beforehand (roughly 3 if a GLP is in the picture), and then wait at least 30+ minutes up to an hour afterward.

As I mentioned, I'm still very early in—only around a week so far. Slightly improved sleep is something I'm noticing. On recovery, it's simply too soon to tell.

Based on what I've read and watched, the side effect profile might be milder with CJC/IPA, but the upside might be smaller too.

I'll give it some time and judge how I feel about it.

Much of what comes from the bodybuilding crowd says test is basically required alongside either option if you want muscle gains worth noting. GH speeds up repair and adds new muscle fibers, but test is what makes those fibers larger.
 
Has the cost actually gone up? For me, the amount I pay hasn't really changed.

When you look at what you get for your money, GH beats any secretogoblin by a mile. As long as you stay within the usual 1–4iu/day, the expense isn't much. It works out to roughly 50c per iu.
 
On the gray market, GH runs roughly $70 per 100iu—or often even less. If you're pinning 4iu daily, that works out to $70 ÷ 25, which is $2.80 per day.

For CJC, 100mg of gray-market product costs $145, and 100mg of IPA is $80, so together that's $225. A typical daily protocol calls for about 250mcg of each, totaling 500mcg. With 200mg on hand, dividing by 500mcg gives you 400 days of use. Then $225 ÷ 400 comes to $0.56 per day.
 
These serve distinct purposes and are chosen for distinct reasons.

When your body can produce GH on its own (and using CJC/Ipa still counts as your own production), go with that route. If that isn’t possible, HGH is the option. That’s the whole decision.
 
It isn't really comparable to hormone replacement. A pituitary is present in everyone, and everyone produces gh, although output drops as you get older.

With GH injections you push a set level of saturation. Cjc/ipa gets your pituitary to release it.

The main advantage of cjc/ipa is that side effects are fewer.

Long-term gh use leads people to need bigger shoes and gloves. Hands and feet swell. That sort of thing
 
For 1 month I used CJC/Ipa at 250mcg 2x daily. Labs showed IGF-1 124ng/mL, Z-score -0.3 (51M).

2 weeks ago I moved to HGH at 2.5IU/day, and in another 2 weeks I'll have labs drawn. I'll come back with the results.
 
nkresho said:

I'm the reverse case. TRT is already part of my routine. I'm at 45mm and I hit heavy lighting more than 3x per week. CJC/IPA is something I've only recently begun. Come fall or early winter, I'm planning a blast that includes GH.

Since CJC/IPA pushes your body's own GH output, insulin sensitivity matters a lot. What that means is no food for hours beforehand (roughly 3 if a GLP is in the picture), and then wait at least 30+ minutes up to an hour afterward.

As I mentioned, I'm still very early in—only around a week so far. Slightly improved sleep is something I'm noticing. On recovery, it's simply too soon to tell.

Based on what I've read and watched, the side effect profile might be milder with CJC/IPA, but the upside might be smaller too.

I'll give it some time and judge how I feel about it.

Much of what comes from the bodybuilding crowd says test is basically required alongside either option if you want muscle gains worth noting. GH speeds up repair and adds new muscle fibers, but test is what makes those fibers larger.
When you were using HGH, did your mood fluctuate at all? If you don't mind sharing, what was your dosage? Also, are you currently combining HGH with CJC/IPA?
 
nkresho said:

It isn't really comparable to hormone replacement. A pituitary is present in everyone, and everyone produces gh, although output drops as you get older.

With GH injections you push a set level of saturation. Cjc/ipa gets your pituitary to release it.

The main advantage of cjc/ipa is that side effects are fewer.

Long-term gh use leads people to need bigger shoes and gloves. Hands and feet swell. That sort of thing

bay_area_schizo said:

nkresho said:

I'm the reverse case. TRT is already part of my routine. I'm at 45mm and I hit heavy lighting more than 3x per week. CJC/IPA is something I've only recently begun. Come fall or early winter, I'm planning a blast that includes GH.

Since CJC/IPA pushes your body's own GH output, insulin sensitivity matters a lot. What that means is no food for hours beforehand (roughly 3 if a GLP is in the picture), and then wait at least 30+ minutes up to an hour afterward.

As I mentioned, I'm still very early in—only around a week so far. Slightly improved sleep is something I'm noticing. On recovery, it's simply too soon to tell.

Based on what I've read and watched, the side effect profile might be milder with CJC/IPA, but the upside might be smaller too.

I'll give it some time and judge how I feel about it.

Much of what comes from the bodybuilding crowd says test is basically required alongside either option if you want muscle gains worth noting. GH speeds up repair and adds new muscle fibers, but test is what makes those fibers larger.
When you were using HGH, did your mood fluctuate at all? If you don't mind sharing, what was your dosage? Also, are you currently combining HGH with CJC/IPA?
Since I began taking it, I've been told that I've turned into a kinder individual?
 
nkresho said:

It isn't really comparable to hormone replacement. A pituitary is present in everyone, and everyone produces gh, although output drops as you get older.

With GH injections you push a set level of saturation. Cjc/ipa gets your pituitary to release it.

The main advantage of cjc/ipa is that side effects are fewer.

Long-term gh use leads people to need bigger shoes and gloves. Hands and feet swell. That sort of thing
Only at extremely high, supraphysiological doses—double-digit IU—could this hold. At 2-4 IU per day, it's therapeutic and side effects are few.
 
CNCCurrency said:

nkresho said:

It isn't really comparable to hormone replacement. A pituitary is present in everyone, and everyone produces gh, although output drops as you get older.

With GH injections you push a set level of saturation. Cjc/ipa gets your pituitary to release it.

The main advantage of cjc/ipa is that side effects are fewer.

Long-term gh use leads people to need bigger shoes and gloves. Hands and feet swell. That sort of thing

bay_area_schizo said:

nkresho said:

I'm the reverse case. TRT is already part of my routine. I'm at 45mm and I hit heavy lighting more than 3x per week. CJC/IPA is something I've only recently begun. Come fall or early winter, I'm planning a blast that includes GH.

Since CJC/IPA pushes your body's own GH output, insulin sensitivity matters a lot. What that means is no food for hours beforehand (roughly 3 if a GLP is in the picture), and then wait at least 30+ minutes up to an hour afterward.

As I mentioned, I'm still very early in—only around a week so far. Slightly improved sleep is something I'm noticing. On recovery, it's simply too soon to tell.

Based on what I've read and watched, the side effect profile might be milder with CJC/IPA, but the upside might be smaller too.

I'll give it some time and judge how I feel about it.

Much of what comes from the bodybuilding crowd says test is basically required alongside either option if you want muscle gains worth noting. GH speeds up repair and adds new muscle fibers, but test is what makes those fibers larger.
When you were using HGH, did your mood fluctuate at all? If you don't mind sharing, what was your dosage? Also, are you currently combining HGH with CJC/IPA?
Since I began taking it, I've been told that I've turned into a kinder individual?
it's a bit unsettling, cnccurrency—makes me think about how harsh you must have been before hgh 🤣
 
bay_area_schizo said:

CNCCurrency said:

nkresho said:

It isn't really comparable to hormone replacement. A pituitary is present in everyone, and everyone produces gh, although output drops as you get older.

With GH injections you push a set level of saturation. Cjc/ipa gets your pituitary to release it.

The main advantage of cjc/ipa is that side effects are fewer.

Long-term gh use leads people to need bigger shoes and gloves. Hands and feet swell. That sort of thing

bay_area_schizo said:

nkresho said:

I'm the reverse case. TRT is already part of my routine. I'm at 45mm and I hit heavy lighting more than 3x per week. CJC/IPA is something I've only recently begun. Come fall or early winter, I'm planning a blast that includes GH.

Since CJC/IPA pushes your body's own GH output, insulin sensitivity matters a lot. What that means is no food for hours beforehand (roughly 3 if a GLP is in the picture), and then wait at least 30+ minutes up to an hour afterward.

As I mentioned, I'm still very early in—only around a week so far. Slightly improved sleep is something I'm noticing. On recovery, it's simply too soon to tell.

Based on what I've read and watched, the side effect profile might be milder with CJC/IPA, but the upside might be smaller too.

I'll give it some time and judge how I feel about it.

Much of what comes from the bodybuilding crowd says test is basically required alongside either option if you want muscle gains worth noting. GH speeds up repair and adds new muscle fibers, but test is what makes those fibers larger.
When you were using HGH, did your mood fluctuate at all? If you don't mind sharing, what was your dosage? Also, are you currently combining HGH with CJC/IPA?
Since I began taking it, I've been told that I've turned into a kinder individual?
it's a bit unsettling, cnccurrency—makes me think about how harsh you must have been before hgh 🤣
My ex calls me a dickhead. I'd say I still am one, though.
 
bay_area_schizo said:

nkresho said:

I'm the reverse case. TRT is already part of my routine. I'm at 45mm and I hit heavy lighting more than 3x per week. CJC/IPA is something I've only recently begun. Come fall or early winter, I'm planning a blast that includes GH.

Since CJC/IPA pushes your body's own GH output, insulin sensitivity matters a lot. What that means is no food for hours beforehand (roughly 3 if a GLP is in the picture), and then wait at least 30+ minutes up to an hour afterward.

As I mentioned, I'm still very early in—only around a week so far. Slightly improved sleep is something I'm noticing. On recovery, it's simply too soon to tell.

Based on what I've read and watched, the side effect profile might be milder with CJC/IPA, but the upside might be smaller too.

I'll give it some time and judge how I feel about it.

Much of what comes from the bodybuilding crowd says test is basically required alongside either option if you want muscle gains worth noting. GH speeds up repair and adds new muscle fibers, but test is what makes those fibers larger.
When you were using HGH, did your mood fluctuate at all? If you don't mind sharing, what was your dosage? Also, are you currently combining HGH with CJC/IPA?
Up to now, my experience is limited to cjc/ipa — I've never used gh.

When I eventually start, chances are I'll go with the usual 4iu. My plan is to check labs roughly 1 month in, then tweak the amount either upward or downward until igf1 lands in the range it should.
 
nkresho said:

bay_area_schizo said:

nkresho said:

I'm the reverse case. TRT is already part of my routine. I'm at 45mm and I hit heavy lighting more than 3x per week. CJC/IPA is something I've only recently begun. Come fall or early winter, I'm planning a blast that includes GH.

Since CJC/IPA pushes your body's own GH output, insulin sensitivity matters a lot. What that means is no food for hours beforehand (roughly 3 if a GLP is in the picture), and then wait at least 30+ minutes up to an hour afterward.

As I mentioned, I'm still very early in—only around a week so far. Slightly improved sleep is something I'm noticing. On recovery, it's simply too soon to tell.

Based on what I've read and watched, the side effect profile might be milder with CJC/IPA, but the upside might be smaller too.

I'll give it some time and judge how I feel about it.

Much of what comes from the bodybuilding crowd says test is basically required alongside either option if you want muscle gains worth noting. GH speeds up repair and adds new muscle fibers, but test is what makes those fibers larger.
When you were using HGH, did your mood fluctuate at all? If you don't mind sharing, what was your dosage? Also, are you currently combining HGH with CJC/IPA?
Up to now, my experience is limited to cjc/ipa — I've never used gh.

When I eventually start, chances are I'll go with the usual 4iu. My plan is to check labs roughly 1 month in, then tweak the amount either upward or downward until igf1 lands in the range it should.
4iu isn't a universal standard, and it's likely not a dose you'd want to begin with right away. First, check your baseline IGF-1 levels, then begin at 1-2iu to observe your response, and afterward test IGF-1 again.

Your dosage ought to be determined by your IGF-1 level and z score, rather than a one-size-fits-all 4iu. For one individual, 4iu might be ideal, yet for another, it could push IGF-1 and z score considerably higher.
 
Appreciate the info — I'll also have pre-cycle labs ready.

Looks like there's a lot more I need to look into before starting this cycle. Since it's still a few months away, I'll keep sorting out the specifics until then.
 
Troposphere said:

For 1 month I used CJC/Ipa at 250mcg 2x daily. Labs showed IGF-1 124ng/mL, Z-score -0.3 (51M).

2 weeks ago I moved to HGH at 2.5IU/day, and in another 2 weeks I'll have labs drawn. I'll come back with the results.
Once you get those results, share them here.
 
Troposphere said:

For 1 month I used CJC/Ipa at 250mcg 2x daily. Labs showed IGF-1 124ng/mL, Z-score -0.3 (51M).

2 weeks ago I moved to HGH at 2.5IU/day, and in another 2 weeks I'll have labs drawn. I'll come back with the results.
I'm also curious about the results you'll share, Tropo!
 
Thighknee said:

Troposphere said:

For 1 month I used CJC/Ipa at 250mcg 2x daily. Labs showed IGF-1 124ng/mL, Z-score -0.3 (51M).

2 weeks ago I moved to HGH at 2.5IU/day, and in another 2 weeks I'll have labs drawn. I'll come back with the results.
I'm also curious about the results you'll share, Tropo!
Tuesday is when I'm having my bloods taken. I'll definitely post an update.
 
After 6 weeks on CJC/IPa, my labs came back with just a 26% rise in OGF, and my z score hasn't moved past +0.5.

From what I gather, Tesa is thought to deliver stronger outcomes, possibly boosting things by about 100%. I plan to get tested again at the 12 week mark to check the picture at cycle's end. Still, before committing to either route, I'll likely weigh what Tesa costs against GH. Plus dig deeper.

Looking into the upsides and downsides to map out the risk profiles.
 
I'm also wondering what the upsides and downsides are. Right now I'm on tesa, but plenty of YT people claim that anyone past 40 should skip Secretagogues altogether and go straight to HGH. Back before I began trt, 7 months ago, I got labs done: IGF1 came back at 284ng/ml with a z score of 1.7. That was before any tesa or cjc (I have both). Since Dec25 I've been on Reta and I've lost 50lbs. For the full context, I dealt with neck issues for a year or more and ended up having surgery at the end of march. I'm only now beginning to work out again. That's an entire saga by itself, together with my protocol before and after the surgery, which I think led to zero pain afterward and quick healing. Peptides are incredible, or the body is incredible, and peptides carry a huge placebo effect.
 
Back
Top