CJC/Ipa causing worse sleep?

Justatechdude

Explorer
Joined
May 5, 2026
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Location
US
Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
 
Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
Nope — the sole upside I got from cjc nd + ipa was improved sleep.

Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
Not exactly. Better sleep isn't the only thing gh gives you. I've stopped cjc/ipa, though I now inject my gh in the morning on an empty stomach.

Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
A dose of 150mcg each may be smaller, but it's not a low dose. My starting point was 100mcg each. I can't speak to the indigestion, but I did put on a lot of weight (not just water) while using cjc/ipa. As for indigestion, Reta handles all of that for me.
 
miameow said:

Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
Nope — the sole upside I got from cjc nd + ipa was improved sleep.

Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
Not exactly. Better sleep isn't the only thing gh gives you. I've stopped cjc/ipa, though I now inject my gh in the morning on an empty stomach.

Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
A dose of 150mcg each may be smaller, but it's not a low dose. My starting point was 100mcg each. I can't speak to the indigestion, but I did put on a lot of weight (not just water) while using cjc/ipa. As for indigestion, Reta handles all of that for me.
Appreciate all the details.

My plan is to cut back even more, to 100mcg of each at night, and if that still doesn’t do the trick, I’ll move it to the morning.

Right now I’m taking 4mg TRZ and 2.5mg Reta. Tirzepatide caused awful indigestion and slowed digestion for me. Combining the dose with Reta made a huge difference there
 
Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
In fact, ipa+cjc gives me significantly better sleep, and I wake up far more active. Still, I have run into that issue on a few occasions. I made the dumb mistake of working out late at night after taking ipa+cjc, and I ended up wide awake the entire night.
 
Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
My honest advice: skip the nighttime dose. Your body puts out its biggest natural GH pulse while you sleep, so if you happen to be someone who releases GH strongly on your own, adding cjc/ipa before bed may actually suppress that natural surge — and that surge could be far larger than anything cjc/IPA produces. In my case I'm a poor GH producer; my baseline igf1 sits at 110ng/dl, a -0.5z score, which might explain why cjc/IPA improves my sleep.

Instead, schedule your shots during the daytime while fasted. On waking, inject at least 1 hour before your first meal. For a mid-day dose, take 1-2 with an empty stomach — either 2 hrs after eating or 1 hr before. Cut out the night dose entirely; it just doesn't appear to suit you. No two people respond the same way.
 
wildweasel said:

Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
My honest advice: skip the nighttime dose. Your body puts out its biggest natural GH pulse while you sleep, so if you happen to be someone who releases GH strongly on your own, adding cjc/ipa before bed may actually suppress that natural surge — and that surge could be far larger than anything cjc/IPA produces. In my case I'm a poor GH producer; my baseline igf1 sits at 110ng/dl, a -0.5z score, which might explain why cjc/IPA improves my sleep.

Instead, schedule your shots during the daytime while fasted. On waking, inject at least 1 hour before your first meal. For a mid-day dose, take 1-2 with an empty stomach — either 2 hrs after eating or 1 hr before. Cut out the night dose entirely; it just doesn't appear to suit you. No two people respond the same way.
My lab work shows IGF sitting in the middle of the range at 145ng/dl.

Your reasoning makes a lot of sense to me. My only hesitation was whether it would be money well spent, given that every recommendation I've seen is either 2x per day fasted or a single fasted dose right before bed.

I suppose there's no harm in giving it a shot. There isn't much on the line, and since poor sleep hits me so hard, risking it isn't something I want to do.
 
My sleep has genuinely gotten better. Before this cycle, my nights were quite broken up, but that's no longer the case.
 
For me, the initial 7 days at 100mcg right before sleep gave inconsistent results. During week 2, I increased to 200mcg both at bedtime and upon waking. My sleep improved a lot. Currently I'm at 250mcg in the morning and 250mcg at night, and sleep remains excellent. I discovered that injecting roughly 30 minutes ahead of bedtime was necessary, since my heart rate would rise for around 30 minutes following the injection.
 
Justatechdude said:

wildweasel said:

Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
My honest advice: skip the nighttime dose. Your body puts out its biggest natural GH pulse while you sleep, so if you happen to be someone who releases GH strongly on your own, adding cjc/ipa before bed may actually suppress that natural surge — and that surge could be far larger than anything cjc/IPA produces. In my case I'm a poor GH producer; my baseline igf1 sits at 110ng/dl, a -0.5z score, which might explain why cjc/IPA improves my sleep.

Instead, schedule your shots during the daytime while fasted. On waking, inject at least 1 hour before your first meal. For a mid-day dose, take 1-2 with an empty stomach — either 2 hrs after eating or 1 hr before. Cut out the night dose entirely; it just doesn't appear to suit you. No two people respond the same way.
My lab work shows IGF sitting in the middle of the range at 145ng/dl.

Your reasoning makes a lot of sense to me. My only hesitation was whether it would be money well spent, given that every recommendation I've seen is either 2x per day fasted or a single fasted dose right before bed.

I suppose there's no harm in giving it a shot. There isn't much on the line, and since poor sleep hits me so hard, risking it isn't something I want to do.
145 might be mid, low, or decent — it comes down to your age and sex.

Do you have a z score?
 
It wasn’t CJC/Ipa, but my sleep got worse from Tesa plus Ipa too. To figure out which one was responsible, I took only one or the other before bed, and my sleep was still worse even when each was used alone. In the end, I switched both to AM, my sleep returned to normal, and I still saw results across the cycle. I kept Ipa at 2x/day, but moved the second dose to mid-afternoon while fasted rather than before bed. If I left it too late in the evening, my sleep would get disrupted again tho lol. Morning works fine for results; I’d think you lose more by reducing the dose than by taking the same dose in the AM.
 
wildweasel said:

Justatechdude said:

wildweasel said:

Justatechdude said:

Anyone else notice their sleep getting worse while on the CJC/IPa blend?

If I only take it in the morning, would that completely defeat the purpose?

-background below-

I'm the same person who made a post about changing too many things at once. Hard not to rush.

It's been 2 days and my pulse is back to roughly normal. My BP also returned to what it was before - low. (112/70. Now 104/62)

A Tiger can't change is stripes, as they say.

So I went with a reduced dose of the CJC/IPA blend, 150mcg of each (300mcg total). And I'm fairly sure it's actually making my sleep worse, plus last night I had indigestion as well.
My honest advice: skip the nighttime dose. Your body puts out its biggest natural GH pulse while you sleep, so if you happen to be someone who releases GH strongly on your own, adding cjc/ipa before bed may actually suppress that natural surge — and that surge could be far larger than anything cjc/IPA produces. In my case I'm a poor GH producer; my baseline igf1 sits at 110ng/dl, a -0.5z score, which might explain why cjc/IPA improves my sleep.

Instead, schedule your shots during the daytime while fasted. On waking, inject at least 1 hour before your first meal. For a mid-day dose, take 1-2 with an empty stomach — either 2 hrs after eating or 1 hr before. Cut out the night dose entirely; it just doesn't appear to suit you. No two people respond the same way.
My lab work shows IGF sitting in the middle of the range at 145ng/dl.

Your reasoning makes a lot of sense to me. My only hesitation was whether it would be money well spent, given that every recommendation I've seen is either 2x per day fasted or a single fasted dose right before bed.

I suppose there's no harm in giving it a shot. There isn't much on the line, and since poor sleep hits me so hard, risking it isn't something I want to do.
145 might be mid, low, or decent — it comes down to your age and sex.

Do you have a z score?

No z score.

42-year-old male. The reports put me in the middle of the range, and from what I can tell, other medical sites give the same picture.
 
cjc/ipa has made my sleep worse, waking at 3 am and unable to drop back off. started at 50mcg each. switched to mornings and climbed as far as 200mcg each. everything is good now.
 
Back
Top