Chinese API Suppliers Pivot to Generics After FDA Crackdown

RetCurious

Explorer
Joined
Dec 29, 2025
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Location
Running as fast as I can
Article centers on the compounding industry but I can't help but think it's affecting the individual buyer market as well.



b513477b852a8b327b82ac06ae808b58c51949e5fa2bdd12859a0a8745dbe51a.png




From GLP-1 Black Market to Biosimilar Battle: Chinese API Suppliers Pivot to Generics After FDA Crackdown - PharmaSource



A recent Reuters investigation reveals that Chinese active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) suppliers, including Hybio Pharmaceutical and Jiangsu Sinopep-Allsino Biopharmaceutical, are pivoting to generic drug production…

109a64302f5ac99f822311a78513827396ccd8fae8f2bb4222c4effb404bfaf6.png



pharmasource.global
 
If you are only measuring Chinese supply to compounders in the US then it makes sense they are selling less to compounders as legal restrictions increase ( a bit ) . I do not get the impression from this forum or all the newspaper articles about peptides that the overall grey/black market is getting smaller, quite the opposite, so I am not sure how accurate the article is really. I suspect they are cranking out more GLP's than ever, but maybe selling more of them via resellers and the internet rather than large compounders.
 
lessthanhalf said:


If you are only measuring Chinese supply to compounders in the US then it makes sense they are selling less to compounders as legal restrictions increase ( a bit ) . I do not get the impression from this forum or all the newspaper articles about peptides that the overall grey/black market is getting smaller, quite the opposite, so I am not sure how accurate the article is really. I suspect they are cranking out more GLP's than ever, but maybe selling more of them via resellers and the internet rather than large compounders.

Click to expand...
I should have said "could affect the individual buyer market as well."

The market (demand for product) always wins? There's a part of me that's hoping this legitimizing of business will drive the API suppliers to higher standards, better product for all.
 
RetCurious said:


There's a part of me that's hoping this legitimizing of business will drive the API suppliers to higher standards, better product for all.

Click to expand...
That’s my hope as to sell in the US, you have to have a FDA license to manufacture, which comes with regulatory requirements and inspections.

Hopefully this added oversight will improve the whole industry.
 
RetCurious said:


Article centers on the compounding industry but I can't help but think it's affecting the individual buyer market as well.



b513477b852a8b327b82ac06ae808b58c51949e5fa2bdd12859a0a8745dbe51a.png




From GLP-1 Black Market to Biosimilar Battle: Chinese API Suppliers Pivot to Generics After FDA Crackdown - PharmaSource



A recent Reuters investigation reveals that Chinese active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) suppliers, including Hybio Pharmaceutical and Jiangsu Sinopep-Allsino Biopharmaceutical, are pivoting to generic drug production…

109a64302f5ac99f822311a78513827396ccd8fae8f2bb4222c4effb404bfaf6.png



pharmasource.global

Click to expand...
The article is a year old...but I think all the recent FDA saber rattling and enforcement that has crept into the gray market supply chain is that progression you/the article might have predicted...
 
Lately I've been researching how this industry handles compliance; strict regulatory steps were rolled out in August by nations including Australia and the United Arab Emirates.
 
ScienceDriven said:

Lately I've been researching how this industry handles compliance; strict regulatory steps were rolled out in August by nations including Australia and the United Arab Emirates.

What's up?
 
Back
Top