Checking Reconstitution Amounts

Fingermouse

Explorer
Joined
Mar 18, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Hi everyone, I'm new and I'd like to verify my calculations. My research rat is planning to begin at a 0.5mg dose of R. With RT10, if I add 2ml of Bacteriostatic water, and I'm using a convipen, does 0.5mg equal 10 clicks? I'd appreciate any method to confirm this - right now I'm just doing the math mentally - and I'm unsure how precise pen clicks are? My 3ml vial with that solution appears to be about 130-140 clicks on the pen? That seems odd.
 
Thanks Candy — it does look correct, but since this is my first go at it I wanted confirmation. On top of that, the conversation pen indicates roughly 130-140 clicks. I ran it through a filter, yet does that figure seem plausible?
 
Fingermouse said:

Thanks Candy — it does look correct, but since this is my first go at it I wanted confirmation. On top of that, the conversation pen indicates roughly 130-140 clicks. I ran it through a filter, yet does that figure seem plausible?

When it comes to pens, I can't help — I'm only starting to look into them for my own research 🙂
 
Don't know anything about pens. With that mixture, you'd need 10 units in a syringe. That comes to 20 shots at .5mg.
 
The Convipen can deliver doses from 1 to 60 units (clicks). The number printed on the cartridge holder is bigger and gives a rough sense of volume — for example, a 3mL cartridge corresponds to 300 units. Should you wish to check how accurate it is, a recent video demonstrates the method, which uses a separate syringe. Your calculations are correct: a .5 dose equals 10 units/clicks. When titrating up to 1mg, that becomes 20 units/clicks.
 
Fingermouse said:

Thanks Candy — it does look correct, but since this is my first go at it I wanted confirmation. On top of that, the conversation pen indicates roughly 130-140 clicks. I ran it through a filter, yet does that figure seem plausible?

Are those 130-140 the amount remaining once you've purged the cartridge?

Going by your calculation, each dose should come to 10 clicks. Every pen I've used so far works at 1 click per unit. So 100 clicks = 100 units = 1ml.
 
Back
Top