john_askins
Explorer
Hi everyone - I'm putting together a serum using some ingredients I just got. Here's my current plan. Could you give it a look? (The SNAP-8 part is what's tripping me up.) I've got GHK-Cu and SNAP-8 both in bulk powder form. Based on what AI told me, SNAP doesn't behave like GHK.
Per AI:
So my mix is:
60mL HA
1.2g GHK-cu = 2%
0.04g SNAP = 0.067%
Do those percentages look right? Am I using too much SNAP?
Per AI:
Where the percentages come from
Lipotec (the company that makes SNAP-8) sells a ready liquid, not raw powder. That liquid is only about 0.05% actual peptide. They say to put 3–10% of that liquid into a cream.
So the famous “10% SNAP-8” study is:
10% of a 0.05% solution ≈ 0.005% real peptide in the finished cream.
That’s 3 mg of raw SNAP-8 in 60 mL — not 60 mg, and not 1 gram.
Click to expand...
SNAP-8 is strong by weight. Your 60 mL bottle + 1.2 g GHK-Cu is already 2.0% GHK. SNAP-8 only needs a fraction of that.
SNAP-8 amount for 60 mLStrengthSNAP-8 powderNotes0.05%30 mgSensible start0.1%60 mgTypical DIY “I want to feel it”0.2%120 mgStrong; more won’t act like Botox
Click to expand...
So my mix is:
60mL HA
1.2g GHK-cu = 2%
0.04g SNAP = 0.067%
Do those percentages look right? Am I using too much SNAP?