Checking How Much Liquid Nasal Spray Bottles Actually Deliver

jw717us

Explorer
Joined
Dec 16, 2025
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Virginia
I wanted to find out how precise nasal spray bottles really are. Two bottles were used in my test: a 30ml glass Snoot and a 10m plastic one. A scale with .001g accuracy was also part of the setup.

My process for each bottle: fill with saline, prime it, record the starting weight, spray 5 times, then weigh again. Whenever a spray clearly misfired, that whole group was thrown out. I kept going until 200 valid groups had been collected. From that, I calculated the average weight difference per spray and translated it into ml.

The takeaway: both bottles claim .1ml per spray. What I actually measured was .0863ml per spray from the 30ml glass bottle, while the 10ml plastic bottle came in at .1526ml per spray.

Sooooo that's one more variable that needs controlling in research!
 
Useful details! That means the extra liquid in my Semax and Selank covers the .0147 deficit per spray from the Snoot bottle. Great outcome!
 
Back
Top