Chapter 2: how much is actually enough?

Notafed

Explorer
Joined
Aug 1, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
California
I said in my intro that I doubted I'd post much, and mostly that has held — I still read far more than I write. What pulled me back was lining up another large Tirz or Reta order. It also pushed me to finally sort out storage, since I had just moved and was setting up something close to a permanent base, which means a permanent freezer, which means a permanent home for the peptides. In the end I chose not to buy, and I'm writing this partly to get talked out of buying more and partly to talk some of you out of it too.

I already sit on years of supply, and I intend to live for decades. Inflation keeps climbing, so why not grab a literal lifetime's worth while it's cheap? Here are the arguments I landed on against that. Start with the market: suppose you buy a 20 year supply. Well before 20 years are up, something better is very likely on the shelf. Do you then buy another 20 year supply, or switch to the new thing? This part is personal, but between tirz and Reta I'm well covered — it works and I get no sides. For someone else, the next generation could break a stall, or arrive as a pill instead of a pin, or wipe out side effects entirely. And in 20 years whatever you use today will probably exist as a cheap generic anyway. So if you're 20 and this is life changing, don't go chasing 80 years into your freezer just because you can afford it.

More reasons: even with flawless storage ©️, I figure in 5 years — never mind 10 — your circumstances will have moved. You might relocate, hit hard times, live through a natural disaster. Do you really want all of that sitting in your freezer right now? Treat it as a liability. What if it turns out that even stored perfectly your supply is 10 percent weaker after 5 years, and what if degradation is exponential? Supply is dirt cheap at the moment. I'm not saying bury your head in the sand — if prices doubled next month we'd have a real problem, and that isn't happening. While prices hold steady, or even drift down, anyone not priced out of grey today won't be priced out next month either. Watch the situation; don't freak over it.

What about the reconstitution and storage side — hoarding that too? Needles, vials and BAC all carry expiration dates, and unless you intend to ignore them they need replacing. I stockpiled enough to reconstitute everything I own, reasoning that if BAC and vials ever got restricted I'd still rather use expired Hospira BAC than no BAC water at all. Truthfully though, the support supplies were never the real risk.

On customs enforcement and geopolitics: TRT and oils have been making the trip for years, and maybe AI tightens the passage rate, but I doubt it. You don't have to drop the worry either — just keep an eye on it. If enforcement improves it won't happen overnight, and word will get around. If the West and China went to war tomorrow we'd all have far bigger problems, and dirty not-a-fed capitalist that I am, I still believe another supplier — India, say — would step in and fill the gap over time. And I can't picture a global war capable of ending all of us lasting 10 years, let alone 5, so that excuse doesn't justify a lifetime stash either.

Last reason: ask yourself why you want to hoard at all. When I stopped overeating I found other vices — spending on power tools and other things I didn't need. I haven't bought to the point of insolvency or a genuine spending problem, but I do think that with the eating habit gone, other obsessions tend to fill the gap. Don't let the cure turn into the problem, or into a fresh obsession.

So where do I land? I'm a hoarder by nature, and the number I settled on more than half a year ago and hope to hold is 5 years max dose supply. Then I made it harder on myself by trying Reta, liking it a lot, and having the means to get 5 years max dose of Reta on top. My plan now is to stay on tirz with a very light Reta stack, drop the Reta once I reach goal, and then step the tirz down — though honestly it's been such a gift that I'd be happy on tirz for life. One more thing: going from 15mg to 5mg and ignoring the 28 day rules effectively stretches your stash's lifetime.

To close: I think I have enough. The problem is that I can't say I know I have enough, and that's what I have to sit with. I'm already at the extreme end of this, but the urge to buy more was genuine FOMO for me, so I know it's real for other people too. My invitation is for everyone to think about where their enough actually sits. The same goes for stacking extra experiments — weigh the risk you're adding to your long term health against what you actually gain. Or go ahead and be a peptide goblin; it's fun, it's a bit like being a dragon curled up on its gold. Just don't pretend that isn't what it turns into eventually.
 
Another autist checking in. I just wanted to say that I get why you'd need to get all this down somewhere for yourself, even when you're sure nobody else is going to bother reading it! Peptide availability never stays still for long. I'd love to outsmart it by thinking ahead, but honestly I figure the only option is to make my best guess and then just see where it takes me. I've also been considering adding a little Reta on top of my Tirz. At minimum, I'd like to find out how my body reacts to it in case that's useful later on. Either way, best of luck to the two of us!
 
catwitch said:

Another autist checking in. I just wanted to say that I get why you'd need to get all this down somewhere for yourself, even when you're sure nobody else is going to bother reading it! Peptide availability never stays still for long. I'd love to outsmart it by thinking ahead, but honestly I figure the only option is to make my best guess and then just see where it takes me. I've also been considering adding a little Reta on top of my Tirz. At minimum, I'd like to find out how my body reacts to it in case that's useful later on. Either way, best of luck to the two of us!
Appreciate it, man. Honestly, the only way I can put Reta into words for myself is that it's enjoyable. Among the glps, it's the "drug." These days, when I use it, I typically just notice more hunger that day and end up eating more in the evening. The first time I used it, I experienced the skin tingles side effect, and it felt like it was really really working, and like tirz early on, I might as well have been totally cut off from hunger. Tirz hasn't quit on me, but the period when it seemed like actual magic is over.

I've written about that "magic" before in another tism post, but the short version is: be careful, Reta is potent, and when I stacked it on I was on 10mg of tirz — if you aren't cautious, you could injure yourself or end up with massive sides. Other than that, at least for a while, if you're wired like me, it's a new high, honestly.

That said, if things are going well for you right now and you'd rather not risk it, just hold out for a stall, man. I'd expect Reta to get you through a stall without any trouble.
 
Early on in my own path, this hits close to home. The urge to stockpile is intense. I'm still unsure how much I'll give in, since I suspect part of that urge is just my food habit shifting elsewhere.
 
Back
Top