Carrying Lyophilized Powder via Japan, Singapore, and India — Has Anyone Tried This?

Goonwise

Explorer
Joined
Dec 31, 2025
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
I have a short business trip coming up that takes me to Japan and Singapore (3 days in Japan, 3 days in Singapore), and after that I'll be heading to India for roughly 20 days. My plan is to bring the lyophilized powder along with BAC into India, reconstitute it once I'm there, and use it during that stay. I intend to pack the powder and BAC in a thermal controlled insulin bag inside my check in baggage. The amount would be around 10-12 vials total, covering different peptides (reta, bpc, tb500 etc)

Could this lead to any problems? Has anyone here gone through this before?
 
That many vials... outcomes can differ.... But

If they catch you, expect them to be confiscated or to lose your expedited screening privileges. For example TSA pre check or global pass. Unless a physician has given you a prescription.

A better approach would be to load them into pens and use those, labeled as insulin.

A friend of mine carried Reta just in a pen with "insulin" on the container. No problems.
 
If Singapore catches you, they’ll likely cane you without mercy. They don’t mess around, and I respect that.
 
I would never bring anything into Japan or Singapore unless I had a prescription and the correct paperwork
 
For a 6-day journey, there's no chance I'd bring that quantity. Maybe I'd reconstitute 2 of my preferred ones and pack them in the travel case. First, I would check the customs websites of each country to find out the exact Rx labeling rules they require.

I've visited both nations multiple times. Japan likely won't be concerned, but if their requirements aren't satisfied, Singapore might seize them and pose some sharp questions, though that's still improbable. Caning is typically kept for more severe offenses.
 
Goonwise said:

I have a short business trip coming up that takes me to Japan and Singapore (3 days in Japan, 3 days in Singapore), and after that I'll be heading to India for roughly 20 days. My plan is to bring the lyophilized powder along with BAC into India, reconstitute it once I'm there, and use it during that stay. I intend to pack the powder and BAC in a thermal controlled insulin bag inside my check in baggage. The amount would be around 10-12 vials total, covering different peptides (reta, bpc, tb500 etc)

Could this lead to any problems? Has anyone here gone through this before?

At minimum, some suppression can linger for a couple of weeks. I went roughly a month without any GLPs, and no weight came back until week 3 or later.

If things go badly, liraglutide is available as a low-cost generic in India, under $30 per pen.
 
Chili777 said:

For a 6-day journey, there's no chance I'd bring that quantity. Maybe I'd reconstitute 2 of my preferred ones and pack them in the travel case. First, I would check the customs websites of each country to find out the exact Rx labeling rules they require.

I've visited both nations multiple times. Japan likely won't be concerned, but if their requirements aren't satisfied, Singapore might seize them and pose some sharp questions, though that's still improbable. Caning is typically kept for more severe offenses.
Alright. Having read a few of the responses in this thread, I'm now leaning toward pushing back my Singapore trip entirely. The risk seems too high.
 
Goonwise said:

Chili777 said:

For a 6-day journey, there's no chance I'd bring that quantity. Maybe I'd reconstitute 2 of my preferred ones and pack them in the travel case. First, I would check the customs websites of each country to find out the exact Rx labeling rules they require.

I've visited both nations multiple times. Japan likely won't be concerned, but if their requirements aren't satisfied, Singapore might seize them and pose some sharp questions, though that's still improbable. Caning is typically kept for more severe offenses.
Alright. Having read a few of the responses in this thread, I'm now leaning toward pushing back my Singapore trip entirely. The risk seems too high.
I genuinely like the city and would return without hesitation, but bringing that quantity of peptides means you could face scrutiny, and the authorities there are strict.
 
Chili777 said:

For a 6-day journey, there's no chance I'd bring that quantity. Maybe I'd reconstitute 2 of my preferred ones and pack them in the travel case. First, I would check the customs websites of each country to find out the exact Rx labeling rules they require.

I've visited both nations multiple times. Japan likely won't be concerned, but if their requirements aren't satisfied, Singapore might seize them and pose some sharp questions, though that's still improbable. Caning is typically kept for more severe offenses.
That's a fair observation — a handful of reconstituted vials labeled as insulin supplies would probably pass. Beyond that, I wouldn't risk it. If the trip were under 7 days, I wouldn't even bring it up.
 
Whether or not GLPs are involved, it could be useful to carry Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) and Imodium (loperamide), particularly for some regions of India:

https://www.cdc.gov/yellow-book/hcp/preparing-international-travelers/travelers-diarrhea.html

Travelers' diarrhea (TD) is the most predictable travel-related illness. Attack rates range from 30% to 70% of travelers during a 2-week period.

Poor hygiene practices in local restaurants and underlying hygiene and sanitation infrastructure deficiencies are likely the largest contributors to the risk for TD.

Click to expand...

b3f2af58cb80d3c71be117919808625d5af275bf0bbf8c964928d73444c1590b.jpg




Food and Water Precautions for Travelers



Learn about safe food and water practices to share with international travelers.

c48c9f4b3a30b62133934e96d5d0388e6ef9bf4a39fe007e9827b2a5b13fba69.png



www.cdc.gov

Travelers should avoid ice unless they are reasonably certain it was made using safe water.

Click to expand...

And that's before even considering how spicy Indian cuisine can be.
 
Calm Logic said:

Whether or not GLPs are involved, it could be useful to carry Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) and Imodium (loperamide), particularly for some regions of India:

https://www.cdc.gov/yellow-book/hcp/preparing-international-travelers/travelers-diarrhea.html

Travelers' diarrhea (TD) is the most predictable travel-related illness. Attack rates range from 30% to 70% of travelers during a 2-week period.

Poor hygiene practices in local restaurants and underlying hygiene and sanitation infrastructure deficiencies are likely the largest contributors to the risk for TD.

Click to expand...

View attachment 12495



Food and Water Precautions for Travelers



Learn about safe food and water practices to share with international travelers.

View attachment 12496


www.cdc.gov

Travelers should avoid ice unless they are reasonably certain it was made using safe water.

Click to expand...

And that's before even considering how spicy Indian cuisine can be.
For my team's trips to India, they're required to have a set of vaccinations current, covering the standard ones (pre-Kennedy FDA) as well as cholera, hepatitis A/B, and antimalarial drugs — the latter needing to be begun several days prior to departure.

Assume you'll come down with a stomach bug, so bring Imodium and other medications to help. If the stay is just a few days, you can trim the list to whatever matters most to you, though the full recommended list is quite long.
 
Not long ago, I needed to check what Singapore allows when someone brings medication in, since my daughter has ADHD and was heading there with a friend's family. The written rules are extremely tight, though whether they enforce them that way in reality is a separate matter. Even so, caning is still used there as a penalty for drug-related offenses, so arriving with a large supply of peptides seems somewhat risky. It sounds safer not to use all or most of them while away for such a short time. Apart from the GLP's, I can't think of any that would be a problem to pause for a while.
 
Even legit prescription drugs fall under some unusual regulations in Japan. I haven't been based there for quite a while, so check the current rules yourself — but years ago, items like Sudafed and Vicks vapour hub were not allowed at all!
 
Does anyone have any idea whether Vietnam would pose similar issues for a visitor bringing in powdered peptides (Reta and Mitochondrial peptides) for personal use during their trip?
 
Chili777 said:

Calm Logic said:

Whether or not GLPs are involved, it could be useful to carry Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) and Imodium (loperamide), particularly for some regions of India:

https://www.cdc.gov/yellow-book/hcp/preparing-international-travelers/travelers-diarrhea.html

Travelers' diarrhea (TD) is the most predictable travel-related illness. Attack rates range from 30% to 70% of travelers during a 2-week period.

Poor hygiene practices in local restaurants and underlying hygiene and sanitation infrastructure deficiencies are likely the largest contributors to the risk for TD.

Click to expand...

View attachment 12495



Food and Water Precautions for Travelers



Learn about safe food and water practices to share with international travelers.

View attachment 12496


www.cdc.gov

Travelers should avoid ice unless they are reasonably certain it was made using safe water.

Click to expand...

And that's before even considering how spicy Indian cuisine can be.
For my team's trips to India, they're required to have a set of vaccinations current, covering the standard ones (pre-Kennedy FDA) as well as cholera, hepatitis A/B, and antimalarial drugs — the latter needing to be begun several days prior to departure.

Assume you'll come down with a stomach bug, so bring Imodium and other medications to help. If the stay is just a few days, you can trim the list to whatever matters most to you, though the full recommended list is quite long.

Ran it past Gemini, re India:

CityPopulationCleanlinessToday's AQIDiarrhea RiskInfectious Disease Risk (2026)Delhi35.5MBottomSevere (350+)ExtremeHigh (Dengue, Typhoid, TB)Kolkata16.1MLowUnhealthy (170)HighEMERGENT (Nipah Virus Outbreak)Indore3.6M#1Unhealthy (201)CRITICALHigh (Active Cholera/E. coli Epidemic)Mumbai22.5MModerateModerate (169)HighModerate (Leptospirosis, Dengue)Hyderabad11.6M#6Unhealthy (147)HighModerate (Chikungunya, Typhoid)Bangalore14.7MModerateSatisfactory (105)HighModerate (Dengue, H1N1)Chennai12.6MTop 15Satisfactory (101)ModerateHigh (Major 2025/26 Dengue Surge)

Click to expand...
 
Getting a 1-month branded prescription would solve the problem entirely. Alternatively, you could just leave the drugs behind for a few weeks — life is short. Enjoy the trip.
 
GLP1Pharmacist said:

Getting a 1-month branded prescription would solve the problem entirely. Alternatively, you could just leave the drugs behind for a few weeks — life is short. Enjoy the trip.
I'm with you on that. No peptide — GLP or otherwise — would ever make me give up visiting a new country. Then again, that's just my take, and there was a time when traveling was basically my job.
 
Calm Logic said:

Whether or not GLPs are involved, it could be useful to carry Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) and Imodium (loperamide), particularly for some regions of India:

https://www.cdc.gov/yellow-book/hcp/preparing-international-travelers/travelers-diarrhea.html

Travelers' diarrhea (TD) is the most predictable travel-related illness. Attack rates range from 30% to 70% of travelers during a 2-week period.

Poor hygiene practices in local restaurants and underlying hygiene and sanitation infrastructure deficiencies are likely the largest contributors to the risk for TD.

Click to expand...

View attachment 12495



Food and Water Precautions for Travelers



Learn about safe food and water practices to share with international travelers.

View attachment 12496


www.cdc.gov

Travelers should avoid ice unless they are reasonably certain it was made using safe water.

Click to expand...

And that's before even considering how spicy Indian cuisine can be.
In the past, Indian food gave me trouble. These days, after adding gut microbiome support (rhamnosus, bifido, butyricium and similar), nearly all of those problems are gone. As for air quality, southern cities aren't bad — the place I'm headed is Bangalore.

Northern Indian cities and their residents? I'd steer clear entirely. There's a lot of overcharging and scamming too. The south was far kinder to me. The locals are friendlier as well.
 
For a trip to japan, I carried T in with me. It was already mixed and loaded into a pen. When I went through customs, I removed the vial from the pen and placed just that vial inside my liquids bag — nothing happened. From what I gathered, syringes aren't permitted there either, so the pen approach handled that problem as well, since I only packed pen tips.
 
Back
Top