Cardio on rest days

razorboomarang95

Explorer
Joined
Sep 8, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
us/california
I'm trying to work out how cardio slots in best alongside a regular lifting routine. My default assumption has been that a rest day means doing nothing at all, but throwing in some light cardio looks like it might be beneficial without interfering with recovery.

What works for you: cardio following a lifting session, on its own separate days, or leaving rest days totally clear?
 
Personally, I train with weights and do cardio daily, even though that's more than most people can keep up with. Right now I'm on a streak of 111 days without a break. My lifting sessions run 21 sets at heavy weight, and on top of that I put in 1 hour of cardio, occasionally 2 hours. How you structure it comes down to you and whatever you're able to maintain over the long run.
 
Redz said:

Personally, I train with weights and do cardio daily, even though that's more than most people can keep up with. Right now I'm on a streak of 111 days without a break. My lifting sessions run 21 sets at heavy weight, and on top of that I put in 1 hour of cardio, occasionally 2 hours. How you structure it comes down to you and whatever you're able to maintain over the long run.
21 sets counts as heavy? 😧
 
It really comes down to what you're aiming for and what your current situation looks like. In my case, recovery takes priority at this point, but another person might be focused on building muscle, or on endurance, or something else entirely.
 
Back
Top