Canceling subscriptions

SoCalGirl

Explorer
Joined
Dec 23, 2025
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Has anyone else noticed they're pulling the plug on podcasts, emails, groups, newsletters—everything tied to weight loss? Out of nowhere, I no longer have any interest in hanging around those struggle-bus dieting spaces. I honestly never imagined I'd feel this way. I belong to at least 1 paid online weight loss subscription program, and I've just switched it over to DO NOT RENEW. That puts $500 back in my account. Any ideas what I should put that toward? 😉
 
Or communities that are fat-positive claiming health problems from obesity are overrated.
 
SoCalGirl said:

Has anyone else noticed they're pulling the plug on podcasts, emails, groups, newsletters—everything tied to weight loss? Out of nowhere, I no longer have any interest in hanging around those struggle-bus dieting spaces. I honestly never imagined I'd feel this way. I belong to at least 1 paid online weight loss subscription program, and I've just switched it over to DO NOT RENEW. That puts $500 back in my account. Any ideas what I should put that toward? 😉
$500? Sounds like time to stock up on kits. 😁
 
I get it! Before and after photos still make me happy, but the hard grind doesn't hold my attention anymore. Maybe that comes off as cold, yet I'd rather skip the gloomy energy. A stall is never fun, but I trust it won't last forever. And honestly, if my weight loss came to a halt (that would be awful!) I've already dropped 31lbs without much effort.

Nice work on putting money aside! Sounds like the vendor forum or the GBs are calling your name! Oooh, there are so many great options you could pick up!
 
SoCalGirl said:

Has anyone else noticed they're pulling the plug on podcasts, emails, groups, newsletters—everything tied to weight loss? Out of nowhere, I no longer have any interest in hanging around those struggle-bus dieting spaces. I honestly never imagined I'd feel this way. I belong to at least 1 paid online weight loss subscription program, and I've just switched it over to DO NOT RENEW. That puts $500 back in my account. Any ideas what I should put that toward? 😉
for sure! once the scale began going down, i quit watching fitness content from people like jeff nippard and greg doucette (yes, i'm aware). eating clean went out the window too, lol

HouseCat said:

I get it! Before and after photos still make me happy, but the hard grind doesn't hold my attention anymore. Maybe that comes off as cold, yet I'd rather skip the gloomy energy. A stall is never fun, but I trust it won't last forever. And honestly, if my weight loss came to a halt (that would be awful!) I've already dropped 31lbs without much effort.

Nice work on putting money aside! Sounds like the vendor forum or the GBs are calling your name! Oooh, there are so many great options you could pick up!
coming to terms with stalls being a normal piece of the weight loss journey is really hard on your head.
 
smallbrainchud said:

SoCalGirl said:

Has anyone else noticed they're pulling the plug on podcasts, emails, groups, newsletters—everything tied to weight loss? Out of nowhere, I no longer have any interest in hanging around those struggle-bus dieting spaces. I honestly never imagined I'd feel this way. I belong to at least 1 paid online weight loss subscription program, and I've just switched it over to DO NOT RENEW. That puts $500 back in my account. Any ideas what I should put that toward? 😉
for sure! once the scale began going down, i quit watching fitness content from people like jeff nippard and greg doucette (yes, i'm aware). eating clean went out the window too, lol

HouseCat said:

I get it! Before and after photos still make me happy, but the hard grind doesn't hold my attention anymore. Maybe that comes off as cold, yet I'd rather skip the gloomy energy. A stall is never fun, but I trust it won't last forever. And honestly, if my weight loss came to a halt (that would be awful!) I've already dropped 31lbs without much effort.

Nice work on putting money aside! Sounds like the vendor forum or the GBs are calling your name! Oooh, there are so many great options you could pick up!
coming to terms with stalls being a normal piece of the weight loss journey is really hard on your head.
Greg is someone I really like. I'm not throwing any shade!
 
I used to keep a bunch of YouTube videos about EFT tapping for weight loss saved in my bookmarks. A few days back, I got rid of them.

Books are a different story, though. Since I come from the 20th century, my shelf still holds Overeaters Anonymous literature. There are also 80s WW cookbooks. Plus a mix of other diet books. Clicking a button is far simpler than getting rid of books.
 
"Or the fat-positive communities saying obesity is overrated for health issues." That line cracked me up and reminded me of South Park. Ozempic goes to those with money, while everyone else is handed body positivity
 
Back
Top