Can tirz delay period?

Purpletree

Explorer
Joined
Jul 5, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
Romania
Hi, has anyone else experienced tirz or another glp1 pushing back their period? I'm on cd33 right now and there's no sign of it starting, whereas mine normally comes at 28-29 days. Today marks my forth dose of 2.5mg tirz. I took a pregnancy test on cd30 and it came back plainly negative, so pregnancy is out of discussion. I've just never come across anyone reporting this symptom from the substance.

I am 26

Tia
 
Vash said:

What's your current calorie deficit like?
Honestly, no clue—I gave up tracking. I realize that's not the right approach, but after tallying things for 3+ years, I finally felt some relief 🤠. I'd guess I'm in one, since I only eat around 2 times daily and focus on getting protein plus veggies and fruit
 
Someone I know had her cycle pushed back while on Mounjaro 2.5. After she raised her dose to 5 mg, her period was late again and the bleeding was very heavy. I can’t promise the same will happen in your case, but it’s worth being careful about moving your dose up. Try smaller steps (3 mg for 4 weeks, then pause to check how you feel, and only bump to 3.5 mg if needed, and so on). Keep in mind that doses accumulate, and reaching a steady plasmatic concetration requires 4 weeks at the same dose.
 
wheymaster1 said:

Someone I know had her cycle pushed back while on Mounjaro 2.5. After she raised her dose to 5 mg, her period was late again and the bleeding was very heavy. I can’t promise the same will happen in your case, but it’s worth being careful about moving your dose up. Try smaller steps (3 mg for 4 weeks, then pause to check how you feel, and only bump to 3.5 mg if needed, and so on). Keep in mind that doses accumulate, and reaching a steady plasmatic concetration requires 4 weeks at the same dose.
Appreciate it! Any idea whether things eventually levelled out on their own for her, or did she have to get medical assistance? I'm due to move up to 5mg this coming friday
 
Yes. Or it can cause it to arrive sooner. The medication itself isn't the main culprit, though—it's body fat. Since fat has estrogenic properties, losing or gaining weight, especially "rapidly," can very likely throw off your cycle and trigger hormonal changes.
 
Slightly unrelated to the main question, but once I began stacking additional peptides alongside tirz, what shifted for me was my period's quality rather than when it arrived. Less cramping and lower viscosity (I rely on a menstrual cup) have come from one or several of the following:

Ipamorelin

GHK-Cu

Selank

MOTS-C

(I began Ipa on 6/30/26, roughly 2.5 weeks back, and each subsequent item was introduced only after 5 half lives / doses of the prior one had finished.)

The theory from @ladyj779 makes sense. Cycle start date can also be pushed around by significant stress or a shift in your sleep schedule. (Just so you know, Dollar Tree's pregnancy tests are well regarded within their crafting/buyer community, should you want a second confirmation.)
 
HouseCat said:

Slightly unrelated to the main question, but once I began stacking additional peptides alongside tirz, what shifted for me was my period's quality rather than when it arrived. Less cramping and lower viscosity (I rely on a menstrual cup) have come from one or several of the following:

Ipamorelin

GHK-Cu

Selank

MOTS-C

(I began Ipa on 6/30/26, roughly 2.5 weeks back, and each subsequent item was introduced only after 5 half lives / doses of the prior one had finished.)

The theory from @ladyj779 makes sense. Cycle start date can also be pushed around by significant stress or a shift in your sleep schedule. (Just so you know, Dollar Tree's pregnancy tests are well regarded within their crafting/buyer community, should you want a second confirmation.)
I just took another test to be sure. It came back completely negative…I guess I'll just wait for it to show up. Being on it is annoying, but when it doesn't arrive and pregnancy isn't the reason, it makes me so anxious 😂
 
Yep, that happened to me too once I began the 1st month, and now months down the line it's still wayyyyy off!!
 
randompersonrandom said:

That would actually be a relief. If it doesn't have that effect, then I'm more advanced in menopause than I had assumed.
No need to stress, I doubt that's the case for you. My own cycle is completely out of whack. Unless it's actually accelerating the shift into Peri/Meno. That would be a 👎
 
tirz isn't really the culprit—cutting calories and dropping weight definitely are. I went about 70 days straight without one, then out of nowhere it settled back into a normal pattern. That kind of randomness is frustrating, though it's nothing serious.
 
WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

That would actually be a relief. If it doesn't have that effect, then I'm more advanced in menopause than I had assumed.
No need to stress, I doubt that's the case for you. My own cycle is completely out of whack. Unless it's actually accelerating the shift into Peri/Meno. That would be a 👎
In my view, the effect is quite the reverse—while it can disrupt your cycle, it appears to boost fertility, which explains why so many glp pregnancies happen. Excess weight wreaks havoc on hormones. Shedding pounds also throws hormones out of whack, yet in the end it enhances how your body naturally works.
 
Purpletree said:

Hi, has anyone else experienced tirz or another glp1 pushing back their period? I'm on cd33 right now and there's no sign of it starting, whereas mine normally comes at 28-29 days. Today marks my forth dose of 2.5mg tirz. I took a pregnancy test on cd30 and it came back plainly negative, so pregnancy is out of discussion. I've just never come across anyone reporting this symptom from the substance.

I am 26

Tia

I haven't used a pregnancy test in 16 years, but for most people implantation would happen around day 30... are kits able to detect it that soon these days? During the first 1 to 3 days after a missed period?
 
Purpletree said:

Hi, has anyone else experienced tirz or another glp1 pushing back their period? I'm on cd33 right now and there's no sign of it starting, whereas mine normally comes at 28-29 days. Today marks my forth dose of 2.5mg tirz. I took a pregnancy test on cd30 and it came back plainly negative, so pregnancy is out of discussion. I've just never come across anyone reporting this symptom from the substance.

I am 26

Tia
Hi there

In my case, I think it did. I looked online too, hoping to find other women with the same experience, but came up empty. My cycle is normally as predictable as clockwork! Then during my first 3 months on Tirz, it showed up at completely random times 😂 After that, I started taking inositol (an oral supplement) for my PMOS, and this month it arrived right on schedule. It could simply be your body getting used to things….. and like someone mentioned earlier, don't forget to eat enough calories! 💕
 
Foggy-Hollow said:

Purpletree said:

Hi, has anyone else experienced tirz or another glp1 pushing back their period? I'm on cd33 right now and there's no sign of it starting, whereas mine normally comes at 28-29 days. Today marks my forth dose of 2.5mg tirz. I took a pregnancy test on cd30 and it came back plainly negative, so pregnancy is out of discussion. I've just never come across anyone reporting this symptom from the substance.

I am 26

Tia

I haven't used a pregnancy test in 16 years, but for most people implantation would happen around day 30... are kits able to detect it that soon these days? During the first 1 to 3 days after a missed period?
Yep, certain tests can detect it pretty early….implantation happens roughly 7-10 days post-ovulation, so if you used to have 28 day cycles (like I did), the soonest you'd get a positive with ultra-early testing would be CD25-27. Bottom line, it showed up 6 days behind schedule.
 
Purpletree said:

Hi, has anyone else experienced tirz or another glp1 pushing back their period? I'm on cd33 right now and there's no sign of it starting, whereas mine normally comes at 28-29 days. Today marks my forth dose of 2.5mg tirz. I took a pregnancy test on cd30 and it came back plainly negative, so pregnancy is out of discussion. I've just never come across anyone reporting this symptom from the substance.

I am 26

Tia
Tirz has halted my cycle as well. Roughly 4 months have passed, and I get occasional spotting. Honestly, I'm not eager for it to return 😉, but its absence still makes me uneasy. After searching extensively for similar experiences, I found a Reddit chat where people described this as a side effect they'd had.
 
Trying to be healthy said:

Purpletree said:

Hi, has anyone else experienced tirz or another glp1 pushing back their period? I'm on cd33 right now and there's no sign of it starting, whereas mine normally comes at 28-29 days. Today marks my forth dose of 2.5mg tirz. I took a pregnancy test on cd30 and it came back plainly negative, so pregnancy is out of discussion. I've just never come across anyone reporting this symptom from the substance.

I am 26

Tia
Tirz has halted my cycle as well. Roughly 4 months have passed, and I get occasional spotting. Honestly, I'm not eager for it to return 😉, but its absence still makes me uneasy. After searching extensively for similar experiences, I found a Reddit chat where people described this as a side effect they'd had.
To bring your period back, try myo-inositol. I realize it isn’t something we look forward to, but our health requires it.
 
chrisangel said:

Trying to be healthy said:

Purpletree said:

Hi, has anyone else experienced tirz or another glp1 pushing back their period? I'm on cd33 right now and there's no sign of it starting, whereas mine normally comes at 28-29 days. Today marks my forth dose of 2.5mg tirz. I took a pregnancy test on cd30 and it came back plainly negative, so pregnancy is out of discussion. I've just never come across anyone reporting this symptom from the substance.

I am 26

Tia
Tirz has halted my cycle as well. Roughly 4 months have passed, and I get occasional spotting. Honestly, I'm not eager for it to return 😉, but its absence still makes me uneasy. After searching extensively for similar experiences, I found a Reddit chat where people described this as a side effect they'd had.
To bring your period back, try myo-inositol. I realize it isn’t something we look forward to, but our health requires it.
Thanks, I'll check that out!
 
Back
Top