tendency
Explorer
Could I make my own buffered NAD+ at home by mixing non-buffered NAD+ vials with a sterile 8.4% sodium bicarbonate solution (the kind normally used for IVs)? Thanks!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Dydanz said:
In theory, sure — though there are real dangers involved.
How much hands-on practice do you have with homebrewing or adjusting pH?
tendency said:
Dydanz said:
In theory, sure — though there are real dangers involved.
How much hands-on practice do you have with homebrewing or adjusting pH?
Ugh, I had a feeling this wouldn't be straightforward!
I've never done any homebrewing or pH balancing before. From what I gather, NAD+ has to sit within a pretty tight pH window once it's buffered, which means I'd probably have to waste an entire vial just figuring out how much of the solution is needed to hit that range, right?
Dydanz said:
Right. Dealing with this is a real headache, since you'd probably need a top-tier pH meter, and there's a good chance the first vial would lose its potency. To me, the trouble just isn't justified.
Dydanz said:
Right. Dealing with this is a real headache, since you'd probably need a top-tier pH meter, and there's a good chance the first vial would lose its potency. To me, the trouble just isn't justified.
Not worth the trouble at all. That said, one vendor shipped me product they insisted was buffered, yet when I reconstituted it with BAC it wouldn't go into solution. A pH strip showed it wasn't buffered. I located a supplier offering Sodium Bicarbonate solution. I began with a tiny quantity and kept adding until the NAD dissolved. Once I had that figured out for the batch, it was easy from then on. Fingers crossed the upcoming batch really is buffered.Dydanz said:
Right. Dealing with this is a real headache, since you'd probably need a top-tier pH meter, and there's a good chance the first vial would lose its potency. To me, the trouble just isn't justified.