eidos said:
Skidude said:
eidos said:
@Skidude
There is some unfortunate information I need to share: the mitochondria you had back in the '80s no longer exist.
Because they multiply through division, a handful of remnants could theoretically remain, though I'm skeptical — fresh membranes would have replaced them.
To determine whether any researcher has looked into this, I would need to search through scientific papers. The sources you cited cover only the short-term effects; they say nothing about whether recuperation can occur following prolonged cessation.
Back in January 2023, biologists marked an achievement: half of a cell's contents are now understood. Plenty of discoveries remain ahead.
Should alcohol consumption have caused a beer belly or liver damage, addressing it is essential. Begin with antioxidants (all of them are beneficial; the article is around here somewhere...) and above all NAC. On days involving 2 glasses of wine, or when I use acetaminophen/paracetamol, I take roughly 2 g by mouth.
The beer belly has largely disappeared, and taking NAC plus TMG every day

also handled the Glutathione detox.
What really interests me is partying—not only alcohol—in terms of damage rather than aging. This isn't just about me, since my partying years are mostly behind me, but as a broad principle for mitochondrial repair benefits.
Fortunately the liver is in great shape, surprisingly so, and the bloodwork looks great too.
What do you think about mito damage that's self inflicted, and what ss31 could do for it?
Based on the limited information I've come across regarding SS31 (it's a quick read, not much out there

), the potential benefits include:
- enhancing how the respiratory chain links with ATP synthesis (ATP then fuels various reactions);
- lowering electron leakage and oxidative stress (which is why we use antioxidants);
- maintaining the structural integrity of mitochondrial cristae (these folds increase what can be “stored” within the mitochondrion, resulting in more energy-producing chains).
That said, when mitochondria are already working well, the improvements seen are less pronounced. From my own observations, it doesn't eliminate fatigue the way MOTS-c or 5AMQ do; it's not a stimulant for energy, just a slight enhancement in ventilation and a minor reduction in heart rate while exercising.
I believe it becomes worthwhile at a certain age, and even more so after shedding some pounds.
I began with a 10 mg kit; it's reasonably priced, and it let me evaluate its effects. I recently moved up to a 50 mg kit, which ought to last just over three months. My upcoming blood test will show whether oxidative stress has decreased, given all the injections I'm taking.
It's great to hear you've already achieved considerable progress.