Can I put several pins in the same spot, or does each one need its own site?

Blindman

Explorer
Joined
Jan 21, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Kansas City
Is there a limit on how many pins you can place at one site? Say I go with 3 or 4 pins — is it fine to put them all in a single spot with some spacing between them, or should each pin go to a different site?

Pretty straightforward thing to ask, for those who know.

thanks
 
Blindman said:

Is there a limit on how many pins you can place at one site? Say I go with 3 or 4 pins — is it fine to put them all in a single spot with some spacing between them, or should each pin go to a different site?

Pretty straightforward thing to ask, for those who know.

thanks
Injecting several pins into one identical location isn't the recommended approach. Irritation, lumps, and reduced absorption can result from piling doses into a single area, even when those doses are small.

When you have 3–4 injections to do, pick separate sites, or if staying in the same general region, leave roughly an inch between them.

Scar tissue is less likely and absorption stays steady when sites get rotated.
 
For my own part, I'd rather move between different injection sites than keep returning to one place again and again.

Taking the guesswork out of it made a big difference for me. With ChatGPT's help I built a custom injection site tracker around a 1-inch grid. After printing and laminating it, I poked holes with a push pin at every grid intersection (each intersection stands for a possible injection site).

When injection time comes around, here's what I do:

  • Hold the laminated sheet up to my abdomen
  • Use a pen to mark the next open spot through the grid
  • Clean the area
  • Inject at the marked spot
  • Write the date next to that site
I move through four quadrants, which keeps rotation simple and consistent. Tracking sites used to take up a lot of mental energy, and this setup has removed nearly all of it, making the whole thing far more systematic for me.

Today I gave my tracker an update to tidy it up. Some grid lines that were missing got added, and I put a small floating line beside each site so the date is easier to write clearly. Tomorrow I'll laminate the new one and simply pick up where I left off.

I've attached photo of:

  • My old tracker (unfortunately a spray bottle of alcohol tipped over and soaked it overnight 😅)
  • The new version I'll be switching to
If anyone's curious about the setup, I'm happy to answer questions.

Also, excuse the bad handwriting. I just ordered some fine-tip dry-erase markers to clean that up. lol
 
When you're injecting more than one peptide at once, my understanding is that — apart from a GLP-1 — it's fine to combine them all into a single syringe, which cuts down on the number of pins. The Longevity I work with does this, so I began doing it a couple months ago and haven't had any issues with it.
 
DustAndDignity said:

For my own part, I'd rather move between different injection sites than keep returning to one place again and again.

Taking the guesswork out of it made a big difference for me. With ChatGPT's help I built a custom injection site tracker around a 1-inch grid. After printing and laminating it, I poked holes with a push pin at every grid intersection (each intersection stands for a possible injection site).

When injection time comes around, here's what I do:

  • Hold the laminated sheet up to my abdomen
  • Use a pen to mark the next open spot through the grid
  • Clean the area
  • Inject at the marked spot
  • Write the date next to that site
I move through four quadrants, which keeps rotation simple and consistent. Tracking sites used to take up a lot of mental energy, and this setup has removed nearly all of it, making the whole thing far more systematic for me.

Today I gave my tracker an update to tidy it up. Some grid lines that were missing got added, and I put a small floating line beside each site so the date is easier to write clearly. Tomorrow I'll laminate the new one and simply pick up where I left off.

I've attached photo of:

  • My old tracker (unfortunately a spray bottle of alcohol tipped over and soaked it overnight 😅)
  • The new version I'll be switching to
If anyone's curious about the setup, I'm happy to answer questions.

Also, excuse the bad handwriting. I just ordered some fine-tip dry-erase markers to clean that up. lol
That's helpful information, buddy.
 
DustAndDignity said:

For my own part, I'd rather move between different injection sites than keep returning to one place again and again.

Taking the guesswork out of it made a big difference for me. With ChatGPT's help I built a custom injection site tracker around a 1-inch grid. After printing and laminating it, I poked holes with a push pin at every grid intersection (each intersection stands for a possible injection site).

When injection time comes around, here's what I do:

  • Hold the laminated sheet up to my abdomen
  • Use a pen to mark the next open spot through the grid
  • Clean the area
  • Inject at the marked spot
  • Write the date next to that site
I move through four quadrants, which keeps rotation simple and consistent. Tracking sites used to take up a lot of mental energy, and this setup has removed nearly all of it, making the whole thing far more systematic for me.

Today I gave my tracker an update to tidy it up. Some grid lines that were missing got added, and I put a small floating line beside each site so the date is easier to write clearly. Tomorrow I'll laminate the new one and simply pick up where I left off.

I've attached photo of:

  • My old tracker (unfortunately a spray bottle of alcohol tipped over and soaked it overnight 😅)
  • The new version I'll be switching to
If anyone's curious about the setup, I'm happy to answer questions.

Also, excuse the bad handwriting. I just ordered some fine-tip dry-erase markers to clean that up. lol
Thanks for laying it all out so thoroughly.

I realize I wasn’t specific enough earlier. What I was actually asking is whether it’s fine to use the same site with 1in+ between shots, or whether each pin should go into a different body area altogether.

So say I place 2 pins 2-3in apart at one spot and put another pin somewhere else — that sounds fine. And from what you’re describing, even 3 pins all at the same location with 2-3in between them would still be okay too.
 
I inject 3 substances subcutaneously right now, which works out to roughly 20 shots each week. When several go in during the same session, I use separate spots for each one. Nothing says I have to do it that way — my reasoning is that it keeps any single site from taking too much repeated trauma, and if an ISR does show up, I can trace it back to whichever substance more easily.
 
The key thing I worry about is keeping track of ISR. As long as you can recall which shot went 5” away from the hip crease and which one was 7”, no problem. But if telling 5” apart from 7” isn’t possible for you, then you might need to be a bit more obvious about it.

I fall into that second group. I had to work out whether NAD+ or tirz was the one leaving me with a mosquito bite.
 
DustAndDignity said:

For my own part, I'd rather move between different injection sites than keep returning to one place again and again.

Taking the guesswork out of it made a big difference for me. With ChatGPT's help I built a custom injection site tracker around a 1-inch grid. After printing and laminating it, I poked holes with a push pin at every grid intersection (each intersection stands for a possible injection site).

When injection time comes around, here's what I do:

  • Hold the laminated sheet up to my abdomen
  • Use a pen to mark the next open spot through the grid
  • Clean the area
  • Inject at the marked spot
  • Write the date next to that site
I move through four quadrants, which keeps rotation simple and consistent. Tracking sites used to take up a lot of mental energy, and this setup has removed nearly all of it, making the whole thing far more systematic for me.

Today I gave my tracker an update to tidy it up. Some grid lines that were missing got added, and I put a small floating line beside each site so the date is easier to write clearly. Tomorrow I'll laminate the new one and simply pick up where I left off.

I've attached photo of:

  • My old tracker (unfortunately a spray bottle of alcohol tipped over and soaked it overnight 😅)
  • The new version I'll be switching to
If anyone's curious about the setup, I'm happy to answer questions.

Also, excuse the bad handwriting. I just ordered some fine-tip dry-erase markers to clean that up. lol

There's plenty of useful detail in this thread. Looks like I need to pick up a dry-erase board.
 
Jfrick11 said:

Blindman said:

Is there a limit on how many pins you can place at one site? Say I go with 3 or 4 pins — is it fine to put them all in a single spot with some spacing between them, or should each pin go to a different site?

Pretty straightforward thing to ask, for those who know.

thanks
Injecting several pins into one identical location isn't the recommended approach. Irritation, lumps, and reduced absorption can result from piling doses into a single area, even when those doses are small.

When you have 3–4 injections to do, pick separate sites, or if staying in the same general region, leave roughly an inch between them.

Scar tissue is less likely and absorption stays steady when sites get rotated.
That covers it. For every reason mentioned, it's best not to inject at the same location.
 
DustAndDignity said:

For my own part, I'd rather move between different injection sites than keep returning to one place again and again.

Taking the guesswork out of it made a big difference for me. With ChatGPT's help I built a custom injection site tracker around a 1-inch grid. After printing and laminating it, I poked holes with a push pin at every grid intersection (each intersection stands for a possible injection site).

When injection time comes around, here's what I do:

  • Hold the laminated sheet up to my abdomen
  • Use a pen to mark the next open spot through the grid
  • Clean the area
  • Inject at the marked spot
  • Write the date next to that site
I move through four quadrants, which keeps rotation simple and consistent. Tracking sites used to take up a lot of mental energy, and this setup has removed nearly all of it, making the whole thing far more systematic for me.

Today I gave my tracker an update to tidy it up. Some grid lines that were missing got added, and I put a small floating line beside each site so the date is easier to write clearly. Tomorrow I'll laminate the new one and simply pick up where I left off.

I've attached photo of:

  • My old tracker (unfortunately a spray bottle of alcohol tipped over and soaked it overnight 😅)
  • The new version I'll be switching to
If anyone's curious about the setup, I'm happy to answer questions.

Also, excuse the bad handwriting. I just ordered some fine-tip dry-erase markers to clean that up. lol
That's … way more than necessary. I'm here for it.
 
Blindman said:

DustAndDignity said:

For my own part, I'd rather move between different injection sites than keep returning to one place again and again.

Taking the guesswork out of it made a big difference for me. With ChatGPT's help I built a custom injection site tracker around a 1-inch grid. After printing and laminating it, I poked holes with a push pin at every grid intersection (each intersection stands for a possible injection site).

When injection time comes around, here's what I do:

  • Hold the laminated sheet up to my abdomen
  • Use a pen to mark the next open spot through the grid
  • Clean the area
  • Inject at the marked spot
  • Write the date next to that site
I move through four quadrants, which keeps rotation simple and consistent. Tracking sites used to take up a lot of mental energy, and this setup has removed nearly all of it, making the whole thing far more systematic for me.

Today I gave my tracker an update to tidy it up. Some grid lines that were missing got added, and I put a small floating line beside each site so the date is easier to write clearly. Tomorrow I'll laminate the new one and simply pick up where I left off.

I've attached photo of:

  • My old tracker (unfortunately a spray bottle of alcohol tipped over and soaked it overnight 😅)
  • The new version I'll be switching to
If anyone's curious about the setup, I'm happy to answer questions.

Also, excuse the bad handwriting. I just ordered some fine-tip dry-erase markers to clean that up. lol
Thanks for laying it all out so thoroughly.

I realize I wasn’t specific enough earlier. What I was actually asking is whether it’s fine to use the same site with 1in+ between shots, or whether each pin should go into a different body area altogether.

So say I place 2 pins 2-3in apart at one spot and put another pin somewhere else — that sounds fine. And from what you’re describing, even 3 pins all at the same location with 2-3in between them would still be okay too.
Ahh, understood. Appreciate you clearing that up. You’re exactly right.

In the end, what I did was simply shift an inch or two for every pin that followed. Rotating across a wider area was giving me trouble (left upper ab, right lower ab, left upper outer ab, right lower inner ab, etc.), and I kept doubting my own recollection, which turned something simple into more of a hassle than it had to be. lol

I haven’t tried pinning anywhere besides my abdomen so far.

Given how I have things set up now, I can wait at least five weeks before going back to the same injection area, and that ought to be enough time to steer clear of lipohypertrophy. Just that change has made everything feel far more structured and easy to repeat for me.
 
Foggy-Hollow said:

The key thing I worry about is keeping track of ISR. As long as you can recall which shot went 5” away from the hip crease and which one was 7”, no problem. But if telling 5” apart from 7” isn’t possible for you, then you might need to be a bit more obvious about it.

I fall into that second group. I had to work out whether NAD+ or tirz was the one leaving me with a mosquito bite.

That makes sense. It gave me one more incentive to keep records. Since I log the date along with which injection I use—Tesa or SS-31, the only ones I take every day—I can monitor ISR.
 
As long as there’s no soreness, redness, or bruising, just keep going. For over 2 years I’ve done 6-10 shots a day across my stomach, love handles, and both thighs, and the only ISR’s I’ve had are the expected soreness/sting from the usual suspects (GHK/GLOW/KLOW, NAD+). That includes IM’s of 5 ml twice a day. 🤗
 
Back
Top