Can a reconstituted peptide be divided between two vials?

Mara_aa said:

Hi everyone,

If this has come up before, I apologize — I looked but nothing turned up, so sorry if I overlooked it.

I also want to be upfront: I already suspect this question may be a bit silly, but here it goes anyway.

I have a vial of Tirz that still needs reconstituting, and I'd like to divide the resulting solution into two vials, 50/50.

Can that be done without compromising sterility or integrity?

I'd really appreciate any input on sterility, handling, or anything else.

Thanks a lot! 🫶
For KLOW/GHK-Cu cartridges I follow this approach, because a more diluted solution makes the injection hurt less. I put 2 mL of Bac water in to dissolve it, then push 1 mL from the reconstituted vial through a filter into 2 cartridges, and afterwards top up both cartridges with Bac water until they reach 3 mL.

On the sterility side, my workspace is a Still Air Box designed for inoculating mushroom spores. That may be more than necessary, but provided you disinfect every vial and the area you work in, and avoid touching the rubber with your fingers once it has been sanitised, there shouldn't be a problem.
 
MG9550 said:

Mara_aa said:

Hi everyone,

If this has come up before, I apologize — I looked but nothing turned up, so sorry if I overlooked it.

I also want to be upfront: I already suspect this question may be a bit silly, but here it goes anyway.

I have a vial of Tirz that still needs reconstituting, and I'd like to divide the resulting solution into two vials, 50/50.

Can that be done without compromising sterility or integrity?

I'd really appreciate any input on sterility, handling, or anything else.

Thanks a lot! 🫶
For KLOW/GHK-Cu cartridges I follow this approach, because a more diluted solution makes the injection hurt less. I put 2 mL of Bac water in to dissolve it, then push 1 mL from the reconstituted vial through a filter into 2 cartridges, and afterwards top up both cartridges with Bac water until they reach 3 mL.

On the sterility side, my workspace is a Still Air Box designed for inoculating mushroom spores. That may be more than necessary, but provided you disinfect every vial and the area you work in, and avoid touching the rubber with your fingers once it has been sanitised, there shouldn't be a problem.
I really appreciate you walking me through how you do it.

For what I had in mind, there was no extra dilution step at all — only a 50/50 division of the already reconstituted solution between two sterile vials — so the thing I keep coming back to is precisely the point you raised: keeping everything sterile while transferring.

My own setup doesn’t look like yours (I don’t have a Still Air Box), but hearing your method is genuinely useful, particularly should I ever choose to try it that way.

Thanks again for taking the time to share!
 
Dilbert4Life said:

skeptick said:

Labcat said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

With 120mg tirz, that was my old approach: pen carts, then freezing one of them.
I've had an interest in trying carts! Did freezing work out for you with carts? I've kept a few spent ones around for testing purposes, to check how air space influences things; I have some slight worries about the plug shifting backward, coming all the way out, or maybe introducing a bit of contamination by traveling across a non-sterile surface (it might be fine if the plug stays dry and doesn't travel far. So nothing gets drawn in via capillary action.)
With a vent needle in place, the plug stays put entirely. That said, there's no problem if the plug does shift, provided you keep an eye on it as it gets closer to the cartridge's open end... Want to know how I found that out...
Are you referring to pulling all the air out of the cartridge with a vent needle prior to freezing? Essentially priming the cartridge.
As I read it, the point is to place a vent needle while filling so that pressure stays balanced and the stopper stays put.

His remark that it’s “ok if the plug moves” is about keeping that movement under control, so it neither goes too far nor ends up in a non-sterile zone.

This isn’t about pulling out all the air prior to freezing, nor about “priming”; the subject is managing pressure while the fill is done.
 
Back
Top