Cagri didn't last long for me

spanky2026

Explorer
Joined
Mar 14, 2026
Messages
378
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
Sharing this as an FYI and a single data point on Cagri. My first shot last week was a tiny dose, .25 mg. Very soon after pinning I lay down and my forearms and hands began itching like mad. Odd, sure — but I live somewhere with allergens in the air year round and I'd spent most of that day outdoors, so I shrugged it off and honestly did NOT connect it to the Cag at first.

This week I was extra careful: I took a Claritin beforehand and repeated the same low dose on schedule. Even with that in my system, seconds later my eyes itched so badly that I fetched a mirror to check for swelling (there wasn't any), because that's what it felt like.

Then came today. The last straw: I feel as though a truck hit me, then reversed and hit me a second time. Completely wiped out, exhausted beyond anything normal for me.

So there won't be a 3rd attempt — I'm not pushing my luck. Looking back, I should have spent the extra money on one single vial to test a pep that was new to me. I put the question to Mr. Gemini, and he tells me that out of the thousands in the Cag trials, somewhere around 20-30 hit the same kind of systemic allergic response, so this isn't unheard of. Naturally my vials themselves could be the other explanation. No, I didn't filter.

So, forward I go. I'd hoped cag would snap me out of a long stall. It DEFINITELY dented my appetite both weeks, that part is real, yet it never quite got me through the plateau. I suppose the Tirz dose goes up next week and I'll see what happens. Sigh — I was hoping to avoid 15mg. I'm 6 months in, still stalled, with plenty of road left ahead.

I'm posting this because across everything I've read here and elsewhere about cag, I don't remember any mention of allergic reactions.
 
A single vial of cagri was among my earliest buys...barely five minutes into this whole pep journey, when I picked up three single vials of stuff — two tirz and one cagri — before I stumbled onto the treasure that this forum is.

It's sitting in my fridge, never mixed, and increasingly I suspect I'll never get around to it, since it looks like it isn't worth the bother.

Still, reta stacked with tirz works great for me. Give it a shot!
 
Possibly it was only that one vial. Either way, I'm glad you're paying attention to what your body tells you, and I hope you bounce back quickly 🙂
 
Cagri does have some appeal for me. Still, when I've put stall questions to AI, the answer tends to be that pairing it with Reta doubles the gastric emptying delay and may hold progress back. Pinning less often is a bonus too. That said, allergic reactions are a frightening prospect!
 
Linoleumfloor said:

Cagri does have some appeal for me. Still, when I've put stall questions to AI, the answer tends to be that pairing it with Reta doubles the gastric emptying delay and may hold progress back. Pinning less often is a bonus too. That said, allergic reactions are a frightening prospect!
Yeah — years back I went through full anaphylaxis once. Definitely not something I ever want to repeat.
 
ladyj779 said:

A single vial of cagri was among my earliest buys...barely five minutes into this whole pep journey, when I picked up three single vials of stuff — two tirz and one cagri — before I stumbled onto the treasure that this forum is.

It's sitting in my fridge, never mixed, and increasingly I suspect I'll never get around to it, since it looks like it isn't worth the bother.

Still, reta stacked with tirz works great for me. Give it a shot!
Right — as long as Elora stays hard to get, I'll keep Reta filed away as a fallback, in case it comes to that. Going past 15mg Tirz doesn't scare me if I need to; Tirz gave me no side effects at all and has treated me well.
 
spanky2026 said:

ladyj779 said:

A single vial of cagri was among my earliest buys...barely five minutes into this whole pep journey, when I picked up three single vials of stuff — two tirz and one cagri — before I stumbled onto the treasure that this forum is.

It's sitting in my fridge, never mixed, and increasingly I suspect I'll never get around to it, since it looks like it isn't worth the bother.

Still, reta stacked with tirz works great for me. Give it a shot!
Right — as long as Elora stays hard to get, I'll keep Reta filed away as a fallback, in case it comes to that. Going past 15mg Tirz doesn't scare me if I need to; Tirz gave me no side effects at all and has treated me well.
Tirz is something I've never tried, though wegovy handed me truly awful side effects. Mornings would start with me vomiting up bitter yellow fluid I took to be bile, and it kept up even once I'd stopped. The nausea would build unbearably until I finally threw up. Reta, by contrast, has been excellent — the only thing I ever noticed was a small bruise at the injection site one time.
 
Back to add one thing: with 2 allergic reactions behind me, Cagri is off the table for good, BUT — wow — it's now 3 days since my second .25 dose and the appetite suppression is NO JOKE. Nothing I got from Tirz alone came close. So those of you without the allergy, carry on. Great stuff (apart from the small matter of anaphylaxis risk for ME 😳🤣)
 
My Cagri came from a vendor I trust, so I'm fairly confident that's what it is. I've worked up to 1mg and there's some appetite suppression, though nothing dramatic, and no tiredness at all. Which is odd, because I'm one of those people who gets wiped out by most peps — CJC, SS-31 and Tirz all send me to fatigue city.

Reading you all, I have to wonder just how much of a biological oddity I am.
 
spanky2026 said:

Sharing this as an FYI and a single data point on Cagri. My first shot last week was a tiny dose, .25 mg. Very soon after pinning I lay down and my forearms and hands began itching like mad. Odd, sure — but I live somewhere with allergens in the air year round and I'd spent most of that day outdoors, so I shrugged it off and honestly did NOT connect it to the Cag at first.

This week I was extra careful: I took a Claritin beforehand and repeated the same low dose on schedule. Even with that in my system, seconds later my eyes itched so badly that I fetched a mirror to check for swelling (there wasn't any), because that's what it felt like.

Then came today. The last straw: I feel as though a truck hit me, then reversed and hit me a second time. Completely wiped out, exhausted beyond anything normal for me.

So there won't be a 3rd attempt — I'm not pushing my luck. Looking back, I should have spent the extra money on one single vial to test a pep that was new to me. I put the question to Mr. Gemini, and he tells me that out of the thousands in the Cag trials, somewhere around 20-30 hit the same kind of systemic allergic response, so this isn't unheard of. Naturally my vials themselves could be the other explanation. No, I didn't filter.

So, forward I go. I'd hoped cag would snap me out of a long stall. It DEFINITELY dented my appetite both weeks, that part is real, yet it never quite got me through the plateau. I suppose the Tirz dose goes up next week and I'll see what happens. Sigh — I was hoping to avoid 15mg. I'm 6 months in, still stalled, with plenty of road left ahead.

I'm posting this because across everything I've read here and elsewhere about cag, I don't remember any mention of allergic reactions.
Practically any medication out there carries some risk of setting off an allergic reaction. Generalised rashes are by far the most frequent form, though for the GLP drugs it's localised reactions at the injection site that show up most often. Even so, all the GLP drugs have thrown up assorted allergic rashes at roughly the 1% mark, plus a handful of rare and thoroughly nasty ones. With some drugs the odds run far higher than others — antibiotics are probably the worst offenders of the lot. If a peptide ever gives you a generalised or systemic reaction, tempting fate by trying it again to be sure is probably unwise: the second episode tends to be more severe than the first, and the sensible move is to write it off as something you cannot safely take.

On the bright side, elora is available now as an alternative.
 
Back
Top