Cag storage: how many weeks is too many?

Shaqdiesel

Explorer
Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Pacific North West(US)
Her Cag journey began this week. Dose 2 went in at 250mcg per week, 3 days after her reta shot, and the vial holds 5mg. At that rate a single vial would stretch a very long way. Everything I've read points to discarding it after 4 or 5 weeks. Do the rest of you agree, or are people keeping vials going past that 4 or 5 week window given how small each dose is? We tend to play it safe about fibril degradation, and about possible bacterial growth as well. Because she only pins once a week, bacteria probably matter less here than the fibril question does.
 
For Cag, when it comes to keeping it around longer, I believe the liquid used for reconstitution matters. Based on what Peppedia says, Acetic Acid can keep it stable past the 30 day point — though I don't know exactly how much extra time that gives you, or how you'd go about introducing it after the vial has already been reconstituted. I haven't looked into RS with Cag myself yet, even though it does interest me.

Hoping someone here knows so I can learn too 🙂
 
Hospira is what I use, and roughly 1 month is how long 1 bottle lasts me. For this particular reconstitution, the Hospira bottle happened to be completely fresh. No AA went into it. After mixing, the vial was clear, and it has stayed that way through 2 weeks so far.
 
Back
Top