Cag 1 mg wiped me out

TeresaHip

Explorer
Joined
Mar 3, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana
I was on cag at .50 mg and it treated me fine, so I moved up to 1 mg. That was a HUGE error! It hit me like a truck. I spent about 2 days asleep and hardly touched food. My appetite was gone entirely. Cag works great as an add-on as long as you stay at a low dose. Tirz goes in on Sunday for me, cag on Wednesday. The lower dose had me feeling good, so I'm dropping back down and staying there.
 
TeresaHip said:

I was on cag at .50 mg and it treated me fine, so I moved up to 1 mg. That was a HUGE error! It hit me like a truck. I spent about 2 days asleep and hardly touched food. My appetite was gone entirely. Cag works great as an add-on as long as you stay at a low dose. Tirz goes in on Sunday for me, cag on Wednesday. The lower dose had me feeling good, so I'm dropping back down and staying there.
Same here. Once I return to cagri, I'll do an extended cruise at 300 mcg.

TeresaHip said:

I was on cag at .50 mg and it treated me fine, so I moved up to 1 mg. That was a HUGE error! It hit me like a truck. I spent about 2 days asleep and hardly touched food. My appetite was gone entirely. Cag works great as an add-on as long as you stay at a low dose. Tirz goes in on Sunday for me, cag on Wednesday. The lower dose had me feeling good, so I'm dropping back down and staying there.

A related cagri post from yesterday:

exploitedworkerbee said:


I’ve gotten to 5mg/wk and can confirm, still breaks stalls and fatigue continues. It is usually pretty bad the two days following the injection and then chills out for the remainder of the week. A quick nap does wonders for it though.

Click to expand...
 
I just moved my dose up from 125mcg to 250 mcg, and for about a day I was dealing with some tiredness...nothing else seems to explain it...I'm going to keep going with it since tirz does work for me...
 
TeresaHip said:

I was on cag at .50 mg and it treated me fine, so I moved up to 1 mg. That was a HUGE error! It hit me like a truck. I spent about 2 days asleep and hardly touched food. My appetite was gone entirely. Cag works great as an add-on as long as you stay at a low dose. Tirz goes in on Sunday for me, cag on Wednesday. The lower dose had me feeling good, so I'm dropping back down and staying there.

I appreciate you sharing this! It's unfortunate that Cagri wiped you out.

This past week at .5mg, I've been dealing with serious nighttime drowsiness, so I'll be in no rush to increase my dose. Definitely helpful to know!
 
Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.
 
gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.

Good to hear the fatigue hasn't hit you. Around 2 months back I ran cagri for a few weeks with zero side effects and only a light drop in appetite. Now though, .5mg is kicking my ass and food hasn't crossed my mind since I pinned.

Reading your post got me thinking — maybe the tiredness this time comes from pinning both on the same day. Last round I split the doses the way you do. This time I figured cagrisema is dosed on the same day, so why not follow that. Tomorrow is shot day, so I think I'll just take my tirzepatide dose on it's own and hold off on the cagri until Monday.
 
Grogu said:

gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.

Good to hear the fatigue hasn't hit you. Around 2 months back I ran cagri for a few weeks with zero side effects and only a light drop in appetite. Now though, .5mg is kicking my ass and food hasn't crossed my mind since I pinned.

Reading your post got me thinking — maybe the tiredness this time comes from pinning both on the same day. Last round I split the doses the way you do. This time I figured cagrisema is dosed on the same day, so why not follow that. Tomorrow is shot day, so I think I'll just take my tirzepatide dose on it's own and hold off on the cagri until Monday.
When you do, please let us know how it goes. Should spacing out the tirz and cagri doses turn out to reduce that wiped-out feeling, that would be a trick the rest of us would love to learn! Fingers crossed you're onto something!
 
ThatNextGril said:

Grogu said:

gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.

Good to hear the fatigue hasn't hit you. Around 2 months back I ran cagri for a few weeks with zero side effects and only a light drop in appetite. Now though, .5mg is kicking my ass and food hasn't crossed my mind since I pinned.

Reading your post got me thinking — maybe the tiredness this time comes from pinning both on the same day. Last round I split the doses the way you do. This time I figured cagrisema is dosed on the same day, so why not follow that. Tomorrow is shot day, so I think I'll just take my tirzepatide dose on it's own and hold off on the cagri until Monday.
When you do, please let us know how it goes. Should spacing out the tirz and cagri doses turn out to reduce that wiped-out feeling, that would be a trick the rest of us would love to learn! Fingers crossed you're onto something!

When people stack GLPs, spacing the doses across different days is a fairly standard approach. The main reason is that it stretches out how long the "food noise" stays suppressed. So the pattern looks like Tirz, then a 3-day gap, then Cagri/Survo/Maz. Doing it this way means I can hold my dosage at a lower level. The only situation where I shuffle the schedule is if I've got a nice dinner planned and I actually want the ability to eat EVERYTHING. Just so you know, I'm in maintenance, so YMMV.
 
ThatNextGril said:

Grogu said:

gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.

Good to hear the fatigue hasn't hit you. Around 2 months back I ran cagri for a few weeks with zero side effects and only a light drop in appetite. Now though, .5mg is kicking my ass and food hasn't crossed my mind since I pinned.

Reading your post got me thinking — maybe the tiredness this time comes from pinning both on the same day. Last round I split the doses the way you do. This time I figured cagrisema is dosed on the same day, so why not follow that. Tomorrow is shot day, so I think I'll just take my tirzepatide dose on it's own and hold off on the cagri until Monday.
When you do, please let us know how it goes. Should spacing out the tirz and cagri doses turn out to reduce that wiped-out feeling, that would be a trick the rest of us would love to learn! Fingers crossed you're onto something!

Next week I’ll be sure to share how the fatigue plays out. I’m really hoping I can push through this side effect. Oddly enough, once I recognized it as a side effect, I’ve been able to keep my eyes open and stay awake, and I’ve been fine.

joseblo said:

ThatNextGril said:

Grogu said:

gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.

Good to hear the fatigue hasn't hit you. Around 2 months back I ran cagri for a few weeks with zero side effects and only a light drop in appetite. Now though, .5mg is kicking my ass and food hasn't crossed my mind since I pinned.

Reading your post got me thinking — maybe the tiredness this time comes from pinning both on the same day. Last round I split the doses the way you do. This time I figured cagrisema is dosed on the same day, so why not follow that. Tomorrow is shot day, so I think I'll just take my tirzepatide dose on it's own and hold off on the cagri until Monday.
When you do, please let us know how it goes. Should spacing out the tirz and cagri doses turn out to reduce that wiped-out feeling, that would be a trick the rest of us would love to learn! Fingers crossed you're onto something!

When people stack GLPs, spacing the doses across different days is a fairly standard approach. The main reason is that it stretches out how long the "food noise" stays suppressed. So the pattern looks like Tirz, then a 3-day gap, then Cagri/Survo/Maz. Doing it this way means I can hold my dosage at a lower level. The only situation where I shuffle the schedule is if I've got a nice dinner planned and I actually want the ability to eat EVERYTHING. Just so you know, I'm in maintenance, so YMMV.

Right, I’d usually space my doses out with days in between. Back in the fall when I stacked with sema, I put three days between them. I genuinely have no clue what possessed me (or rather, what dumb idea 🤔) to inject the cagri immediately after my tirz shot. I think I was reading the cagrisema clinicals and thought, why not 🤣 — now I get why not.
 
I gave Cagri a shot 2 weeks back, starting at .250. Day 1 went smoothly, but by day 2 I had zero energy. Not drowsy, just completely drained. It hit me so hard that I passed on it the following week. This week I went with .170 instead. Up to now, no problems. Cagri doesn't mess around.
 
gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.
Alright, so you're Holyfield...better guard those ears, huh?

CJsMom said:

I gave Cagri a shot 2 weeks back, starting at .250. Day 1 went smoothly, but by day 2 I had zero energy. Not drowsy, just completely drained. It hit me so hard that I passed on it the following week. This week I went with .170 instead. Up to now, no problems. Cagri doesn't mess around.
Then Elora's going to be a killer, huh?

Grogu said:

ThatNextGril said:

Grogu said:

gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.

Good to hear the fatigue hasn't hit you. Around 2 months back I ran cagri for a few weeks with zero side effects and only a light drop in appetite. Now though, .5mg is kicking my ass and food hasn't crossed my mind since I pinned.

Reading your post got me thinking — maybe the tiredness this time comes from pinning both on the same day. Last round I split the doses the way you do. This time I figured cagrisema is dosed on the same day, so why not follow that. Tomorrow is shot day, so I think I'll just take my tirzepatide dose on it's own and hold off on the cagri until Monday.
When you do, please let us know how it goes. Should spacing out the tirz and cagri doses turn out to reduce that wiped-out feeling, that would be a trick the rest of us would love to learn! Fingers crossed you're onto something!

Next week I’ll be sure to share how the fatigue plays out. I’m really hoping I can push through this side effect. Oddly enough, once I recognized it as a side effect, I’ve been able to keep my eyes open and stay awake, and I’ve been fine.

joseblo said:

ThatNextGril said:

Grogu said:

gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.

Good to hear the fatigue hasn't hit you. Around 2 months back I ran cagri for a few weeks with zero side effects and only a light drop in appetite. Now though, .5mg is kicking my ass and food hasn't crossed my mind since I pinned.

Reading your post got me thinking — maybe the tiredness this time comes from pinning both on the same day. Last round I split the doses the way you do. This time I figured cagrisema is dosed on the same day, so why not follow that. Tomorrow is shot day, so I think I'll just take my tirzepatide dose on it's own and hold off on the cagri until Monday.
When you do, please let us know how it goes. Should spacing out the tirz and cagri doses turn out to reduce that wiped-out feeling, that would be a trick the rest of us would love to learn! Fingers crossed you're onto something!

When people stack GLPs, spacing the doses across different days is a fairly standard approach. The main reason is that it stretches out how long the "food noise" stays suppressed. So the pattern looks like Tirz, then a 3-day gap, then Cagri/Survo/Maz. Doing it this way means I can hold my dosage at a lower level. The only situation where I shuffle the schedule is if I've got a nice dinner planned and I actually want the ability to eat EVERYTHING. Just so you know, I'm in maintenance, so YMMV.

Right, I’d usually space my doses out with days in between. Back in the fall when I stacked with sema, I put three days between them. I genuinely have no clue what possessed me (or rather, what dumb idea 🤔) to inject the cagri immediately after my tirz shot. I think I was reading the cagrisema clinicals and thought, why not 🤣 — now I get why not.
know anything about living la vida loca?.
 
I take .5 roughly 3 days following 5mg reta, and yes, I suspect it brings on a bit of tiredness, though it stays manageable. My approach is to dose the cagri at night, letting the first wave of fatigue wear off while I sleep, then the following morning I pin MOTS-C, which seems to give me an extra lift.
 
CJsMom said:

I gave Cagri a shot 2 weeks back, starting at .250. Day 1 went smoothly, but by day 2 I had zero energy. Not drowsy, just completely drained. It hit me so hard that I passed on it the following week. This week I went with .170 instead. Up to now, no problems. Cagri doesn't mess around.

Perhaps starting at .5mg was simply excessive in my case. Are you also pinning tirz or reta? Which days do you pin?
 
Grogu said:

CJsMom said:

I gave Cagri a shot 2 weeks back, starting at .250. Day 1 went smoothly, but by day 2 I had zero energy. Not drowsy, just completely drained. It hit me so hard that I passed on it the following week. This week I went with .170 instead. Up to now, no problems. Cagri doesn't mess around.

Perhaps starting at .5mg was simply excessive in my case. Are you also pinning tirz or reta? Which days do you pin?

My tirz dose is 10mg on Mondays, and I took the Cagri on Thursday — that was yesterday. I'm feeling fine today, so I may go back to .250 next week.
 
Smiter said:

gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.
Alright, so you're Holyfield...better guard those ears, huh?

CJsMom said:

I gave Cagri a shot 2 weeks back, starting at .250. Day 1 went smoothly, but by day 2 I had zero energy. Not drowsy, just completely drained. It hit me so hard that I passed on it the following week. This week I went with .170 instead. Up to now, no problems. Cagri doesn't mess around.
Then Elora's going to be a killer, huh?

Grogu said:

ThatNextGril said:

Grogu said:

gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.

Good to hear the fatigue hasn't hit you. Around 2 months back I ran cagri for a few weeks with zero side effects and only a light drop in appetite. Now though, .5mg is kicking my ass and food hasn't crossed my mind since I pinned.

Reading your post got me thinking — maybe the tiredness this time comes from pinning both on the same day. Last round I split the doses the way you do. This time I figured cagrisema is dosed on the same day, so why not follow that. Tomorrow is shot day, so I think I'll just take my tirzepatide dose on it's own and hold off on the cagri until Monday.
When you do, please let us know how it goes. Should spacing out the tirz and cagri doses turn out to reduce that wiped-out feeling, that would be a trick the rest of us would love to learn! Fingers crossed you're onto something!

Next week I’ll be sure to share how the fatigue plays out. I’m really hoping I can push through this side effect. Oddly enough, once I recognized it as a side effect, I’ve been able to keep my eyes open and stay awake, and I’ve been fine.

joseblo said:

ThatNextGril said:

Grogu said:

gunmetal1991 said:

Seems like I'm the odd one out here. I've been using cag for roughly 8 weeks, currently at 1.2mg, and I haven't felt any tiredness at all. There is appetite suppression, but it's not overwhelming (I consume somewhere between 1400-2000 cals daily, walk 10-20k steps daily). I'm also on 12.5mg tirz and I get full faster.

That said, since tirz is in the mix, it's difficult to tell whether the effect comes more from cag or from tirz. Tirz by itself wasn't doing much for me, so right now I lean toward cag being the bigger contributor.

My current dose feels fine (tirz on friday, cag on monday), so I don't plan to increase it any time soon.

Good to hear the fatigue hasn't hit you. Around 2 months back I ran cagri for a few weeks with zero side effects and only a light drop in appetite. Now though, .5mg is kicking my ass and food hasn't crossed my mind since I pinned.

Reading your post got me thinking — maybe the tiredness this time comes from pinning both on the same day. Last round I split the doses the way you do. This time I figured cagrisema is dosed on the same day, so why not follow that. Tomorrow is shot day, so I think I'll just take my tirzepatide dose on it's own and hold off on the cagri until Monday.
When you do, please let us know how it goes. Should spacing out the tirz and cagri doses turn out to reduce that wiped-out feeling, that would be a trick the rest of us would love to learn! Fingers crossed you're onto something!

When people stack GLPs, spacing the doses across different days is a fairly standard approach. The main reason is that it stretches out how long the "food noise" stays suppressed. So the pattern looks like Tirz, then a 3-day gap, then Cagri/Survo/Maz. Doing it this way means I can hold my dosage at a lower level. The only situation where I shuffle the schedule is if I've got a nice dinner planned and I actually want the ability to eat EVERYTHING. Just so you know, I'm in maintenance, so YMMV.

Right, I’d usually space my doses out with days in between. Back in the fall when I stacked with sema, I put three days between them. I genuinely have no clue what possessed me (or rather, what dumb idea 🤔) to inject the cagri immediately after my tirz shot. I think I was reading the cagrisema clinicals and thought, why not 🤣 — now I get why not.
know anything about living la vida loca?.
There's no hurry on my end when it comes to Elora. Tirz works well for me and my supply will stretch across several years, so switching isn't likely unless I reach the maximum dose and it quits doing its job. With any luck, by that point the testing issues with Elora will all be sorted out.
 
I had only ever used tirzepatide as far as peptides go, yet progress had been stuck for months, with 30 pounds still remaining. This week on Monday I took my standard 7.5 mg dose of tirz (that wrapped up my 3.5-day split; I'll return to 15 mg 1/week next Monday).

On Wednesday I tried cagrilintide for the first time, at 0.25mg. Thursday evening brought a strong wave of drowsiness. Thursday night: 11 hours of deep, wonderful sleep.

If I had needed to drive when that drowsiness struck, it would have been a major concern.

Still, nothing else noticeable has shown up yet: appetite is not suppressed; no GI problems
 
Back
Top