Explorer
Hybrid Calisthenics is the app I'm on, working through their bodyweight movements.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Much appreciated!OCDguy said:
Dumbbells take you a long way. With a fitness app on hand, full body dumbbell training is what I'd go for. Liftosaur is the free one I actually use! They've got a stack of free splits plus a discord server when you need extra help. Slot in some zone two cardio on a rest day, at least once a week…and if that appeals, liftosaur carries a female split aimed at firming up those booty muscles. Best of luck — keep at it and get strong!bamagirl26 said:
Class-based gym sessions were my thing for years — Step, Body pump, Zumba, Core, the whole catalogue — but that was a long time back and there's no membership on my card these days.
What passes for training now is bike and treadmill cardio, and it isn't delivering. On top of that, a sports injury this year cracked my tibial plateau — schatzker type 2 — and surgery was never done.
Loading that leg fully is still awkward, yet I'd like to begin following along with videos at home to build strength and hold onto, or add, muscle while I'm on a Tirz.
So: anyone got home video routines they've actually stuck with, the motivating kind that don't demand a garage of gear? I've got therapy bands and a few dumbbells, and I'll spend a bit if it earns its place, though I'd rather not go big.
Appreciate it!
Any time!bamagirl26 said:
Much appreciated!OCDguy said:
Dumbbells take you a long way. With a fitness app on hand, full body dumbbell training is what I'd go for. Liftosaur is the free one I actually use! They've got a stack of free splits plus a discord server when you need extra help. Slot in some zone two cardio on a rest day, at least once a week…and if that appeals, liftosaur carries a female split aimed at firming up those booty muscles. Best of luck — keep at it and get strong!bamagirl26 said:
Class-based gym sessions were my thing for years — Step, Body pump, Zumba, Core, the whole catalogue — but that was a long time back and there's no membership on my card these days.
What passes for training now is bike and treadmill cardio, and it isn't delivering. On top of that, a sports injury this year cracked my tibial plateau — schatzker type 2 — and surgery was never done.
Loading that leg fully is still awkward, yet I'd like to begin following along with videos at home to build strength and hold onto, or add, muscle while I'm on a Tirz.
So: anyone got home video routines they've actually stuck with, the motivating kind that don't demand a garage of gear? I've got therapy bands and a few dumbbells, and I'll spend a bit if it earns its place, though I'd rather not go big.
Appreciate it!
Dumbbells win, for me. The home gym runs from 5 up to 95's, with 4 or 5 different kinds collected across 20 years. Heavy, though, and a chore to move.cujet said:
Dumbbells get my vote. A pair of 10 pounds though is far too light for almost anyone, barring true beginners, the severely disabled or the extremely elderly. Guys ought to treat 50 pounders as the floor, and plenty of fit women should eventually work 20 to 30 pounders into the mix.
Nobody is claiming elite athlete status here either. The idea is to keep progressing until the weight demands real strength for the body lifting it.
Hmmm… Thank goodness I can claim the “just starting out” slot, because I'd rather fat didn't translate to “severely disabled”, nor 50 to “extremely elderly!”cujet said:
Dumbbells get my vote. A pair of 10 pounds though is far too light for almost anyone, barring true beginners, the severely disabled or the extremely elderly. Guys ought to treat 50 pounders as the floor, and plenty of fit women should eventually work 20 to 30 pounders into the mix.
Nobody is claiming elite athlete status here either. The idea is to keep progressing until the weight demands real strength for the body lifting it.
Apple Fitness gets a lot of use from me because it comes bundled in the family plus plan, or whatever the proper name is.sonic_boom said:
Apple fitness plus could be a good fit. Plenty of the class styles you already know, without any filler or hunting around.. resistance sessions there lean on bodyweight and dumbbells.